Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
236 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 23 AUG 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

HI EVERYBODY---
Posted on: 2018/8/23 12:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 23 AUG 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLOUDY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, RAIN PROBABILITY HAS DROPPED TO 20% SO I'D BETTER WATER DW'S POTTED PLANTS TODAY. AND THE HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS NEED TO BE REFILLED. THE WEIGHT OF RESPONSIBILITY HANGS HEAVY UPON ME. AT LEAST I GOT THE LAST 1/3 OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED. THAT LEAVES WEED EATING TO BE DONE :-(

GOT TO WORK IN TIME FOR A DOVE SCOUTING TRIP TO WESTERN OKLAHOMA SOON.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 12:39

Ultraman Re: 23 AUG 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Rainy here today...... working in the office.... then a nap and then...... I don't know yet...... I will make it up as I go along....like I have most my life.....
Posted on: 2018/8/23 14:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 AUG 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
The illegal immigrant issue is back on the table after a young coed was killed while out running by an illegal.... build the wall and deport them all is what I say..... which is a bit simplistic but I am a simple man just trying to make his way in the universe........ what's you guys opinions on the matter? just wondering..... please don't post if its different then mine.....

1. SECURE THE BORDERS

2. ESTABLISH A VIABLE GUEST WORKER PROGRAM

3. NATURALIZE ILLEGAL KIDS THAT GREW UP IN THIS COUNTRY

4. STOP TAKING IN HORDES OF "REFUGEES" WHO JUST WANT TO GET AWAY FROM THEIR CESSPOOL COUNTRIES AND PLUG INTO UNCLE SUGAR'S WELFARE SYSTEM.

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE BUT ANATHEMA TO THE PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS

Ya, that. Out with the felons. Go home. Current illegals apply for residency/guest work permit. No papers? Walk this way to your plane.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 14:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I should be out of here and I haven't even showered yet but I did save 20% on online purchases from Advance Auto Parts. Pick them up later. I have some stuff to do at the new office. Never ending .... Never bored ... Need more daily naps.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 14:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Is the economy firing on all cylinders everywhere or is it just here? Miami/South Florida is no longer affordable to the average Joe/Joy. Average home $279k. Average joint income needed to acquire said home, $79k. Rents are up. Housing and construction is booming. This can mean only one thing. Start getting ready for the financial apocalypse. No problem generally for us. We've weathered many.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 14:46

pianoguy Re: 23 AUG 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Nice and sunny here for the time being. Been busy since the git-go, seems to be the norm lately. Won't be long until I start thinking about putting the Vette away, and I have barely used a half-tank of gas.

Interest rate increases have slowed the housing market here a bit, otherwise things appear to be humming along.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2018/8/23 15:06

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 23 AUG 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys... I've been up and at a computer call this morning. Going to warm up a bit today. Low 90s is what they are saying....already warmer than it was yesterday.

so far I've spent 3 1/2 hours on this computer and have gotten literally nowhere! It is at a local business (motel chain - locally owned and operated) After a win10 update last week, the computer lost all wireless passwords....no one knows them...well not entirely true, the person who set it all up, was terminated and now she refuses to help. Even though she gave them all the passwords, many were wrong, some not given at all. I need the microsoft account password, but she didn't leave it. I can't go through and change it because I don't have any of the information she used to set it up...my hope is, Microsoft will step in to change the password or allow us access to do so. As it sits, the computer is a boat anchor. And this is the Admin computer, which contains payroll and other admin stuff not available on any other computer. I LOVE computers!

Well, go to go, just got another call to work on another one.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 15:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 23 AUG 18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Tee can you not set up a 2nd admin on the same computer then get back into things? Know a good hacking kid?
Trying to have a slow day at the office today - have the local TV station's "storm tracker Nissan" truck wrap almost done plus about 20 other things mid-completion. Would like to have some stuff in the printer so boss has stuff to install while I'm off.
Weather has cooled off here - too much. Middle of August and should be "dog days of summer" yet it was 70 when I came to work this morning. This is normally our October weather
Posted on: 2018/8/23 16:25

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 23 AUG 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Tee.....I'm sure the Russians can help wid dat..... may cost you some local elections but what the hay....?

So I'm reading today.....online......so it must be true right? That if Trump gets impeached it will destroy the stock market..... He is very good for business.... just leave him alone...... build that wall.....build that wall..... make the Huskers Great Again....
Posted on: 2018/8/23 19:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 23 AUG 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

I was tasked out this morning without my knowledge. The outlaws are on vacation this week. I've been telling FIL for 15 years he needs to install a ceiling fan in the guest bedroom. He finally took my advice and bought a fan without telling me. Guess who got to install it? Yup. The trip into the attic to check the joist support was fun. Luckily the box was already set with a cross support ready for fan installation. The rest was just putting it all together out of the box. Works great. On top of that I had to check the fridge to find out why it was leaking water. I suspect it was a clogged defrost drain. While I was in there I used the compressor to blow all kinds of dust out of the coils and underside. That should help, too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/8/23 20:59

teebee Re: 23 AUG 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, finally got back home....it's been a freaking crazy day.

letty, that would makes sense, but, I had no way to get into the computer to make those changes. Because it wouldn't connect to the network, the PIN wouldn't work and required me to sign in with the MS account...which we didn't know the password for. More on this later....

The other problem was similar that I had to troubleshoot. It had to do with hooking up to a smart TV and other things, anyway I got that one resolved, then hung around until the presenter came, to make sure they could connect as well. Between figuring things out and the time the presenter showed up I had another call for a computer issue, so ran there between those times and resolved that issue. And then once done, but I hadn't left yet the motel sent a text with a photo of a scrunched up piece of paper with the info I needed to get into the computer (I hoped...fingers crossed) So I went back to the motel.

When I got there the GM (a former student) was just getting up from the computer and said "it doesn't work"...I sat down and typed in the password and logged in, she was trying to use the PW on the WiFi not the computer. So I get in and 3 hours later, I have them up and running again. I've changed the MS account PW so the disgruntled ex-employee can't do something stupid...Thankfully a mutual friend (current GM and disgruntled ex) was able to get the info we needed to get into the computer. AND now that we have logged in using the MS account, the PIN works again. While I was there on the computer I checked the "updates" and found one was installed the day they started having problems.

Today, has been a PITA. I don't need another day like this one.

Matt, you da Fix-it man!
Posted on: 2018/8/23 22:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 23 AUG 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

HEADLINE:

Rats are overrunning D.C.

THIS IS NEWS?
Posted on: 2018/8/23 23:34

pianoguy Re: 23 AUG 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Today we got 24 yards of mulch put in - my part of the labor was answering the doorbell and looking out the window. I could get used to that.
Posted on: 2018/8/24 0:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.