Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

j3studio Tuesday 2/12/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Right on the edge of a significant snow band from winter storm Maya here in Philadelphia, but I think it's going to warm up enough that most of it will come down as rain.

The biggest issue this morning is the sheen of ice on top of everything. It's at times like these that I'm grateful that we have the Dunlop Winter Sports on the Impala.

Posted on: 2019/2/12 13:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Tuesday 2/12/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7583 Posts

CLOUDY, COLD, AND RIGHT WINDY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. WE'VE BEEN LUCKY THIS WINTER, VERY LITTLE ICE & SNOW. STILL MORE FEBRUARY TO GO, HOWEVER. IT HAS BEEN A VERY WET WINTER, MAYBE A RETURN TO NORMAL FOR "GREEN(MILDEW)COUNTRY :-0

MEETING WITH TAX GUY POSTPONED TILL TODAY. THEN DARLING WIFE IS OFF TO FAYETTEVILLE TO GRANDMA-IN-CHARGE WHILE SON AND WIFE GO TO M B ANDERSON IN HOUSTON.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, GURUS!
Posted on: 2019/2/12 14:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday 2/12/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WE GOT FIBER THROUGH OUR ELECTRIC CO-OP.

Ya but are you meeting the daily requirements for fiber?

https://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/fiber-how-much-do-you-need#1
Posted on: 2019/2/12 14:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Woke up on the right side of the grass so there is hope for the day. My energy level has been drained. I feel kind of like the projections of mileage on new electric vehicles. Manufacturer says 292 mile range while actual tests show more like 250. I can relate. My battery doesn't take me as far as I'd like it to.

In Porsche news. 70% of the Porsche vehicles made are still on the road.

Hope I can get my blood flowing to an acceptable level. If not, I'll have no choice but to do a pillow check sometime this afternoon. Hope my phone doesn't ring.
Posted on: 2019/2/12 14:33

teebee Re: Tuesday 2/12/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...I was up regular time, but started right off removing the cable TV/DVR box to return. We will move to a streaming service, be it our local provider, Direct TV Now or Sling. We got signed up for DirectTV Now for the one week trial. It has every channel we normally watch, plus locals, and about half the cost of local provider. The issue is, if we discontinue our TV the internet will go up $10/month. Still savings over the local provider.

Anyway, I got the box disconnected, and then headed to the ‘city’ to have the pickup serviced. It is the last “free” oil change I’ll get. Not really due quite yet, but, I have only a few days to get it done for free, and it takes 10 quarts to change, so let them do it and save those dollars.

It was a pretty chilly start today, but the weather gurus say it is going to warm into the low 50s. The sun was pretty bright as I drove over too. For those of you east of here facing nasty weather, hunker down and stay warm.
Posted on: 2019/2/12 15:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday 2/12/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7583 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WE GOT FIBER THROUGH OUR ELECTRIC CO-OP.

Ya but are you meeting the daily requirements for fiber?

https://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/fiber-how-much-do-you-need#1

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK. GUT DR RECOMMENDED A HIGH FIBER DIET; DARLING WIFE FEEDING ME ALL THIS HI-FIBER STUFF. DOESN'T SEEM TO BE DOING ANY HARM ;-)
Posted on: 2019/2/12 15:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Tuesday 2/12/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Fiber is our friend...... Sun out and going to be 53 degrees tomorrow...bring it on is what I say.....melt all this ice...

After 25 years of satellite TV we pulled the plug and went streaming with a Roku box that hooks to the wi fi and then we pay for Hulu Live, CBS all access and of course Netflix and Amazon. All that together is a bit less then half what we were paying and we have many more choices on what to watch and when to watch them. We were paying over 130 per month without the movie channels on Direct TV..... They will have to change their ways or they will be gone....

Better get to it.......have a fine and dandy day Guru's......
Posted on: 2019/2/12 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

7 months ago I called DirecTv and told them to cancel. They did after all the wrangling back and forth. Several days later they called back and I told them "No thanks". They called again and chopped about $80 a month off me $110 bill for a year. I said that would be OK and they turned it back on. I called AT&T and told them I've had just about enough of their pricing too. I was paying $172 a month for 2 phone land lines and DSL. The number I wanted to keep is not the DSL line. Comcast cable is no bargain and those are about the only options besides Hughes Net. They said they'd drop my charges $30 a month to $142 for the landlines and DSL for 1 year. I have about 5 months left to ponder my options. Satellite TV is kinda good here because if you get a hurricane the satellite still works after the storm when I'm running on generator back up. I can see what's going on with the Weather Channel. I bought Prime and the Firestick and I got Netflix which gives me plenty of options. Not a huge fan of streaming TV but most of the time it works plus you have data limits to keep in mind. They're putting in a fiber optic network here but it's not up and running yet. We still use a fax machine so I like the landline but when push comes to shove I'll get 4 lines of cellular, fiber optic high speed internet, DirecTv Now, keep Netlix, Prime and the Firestick and all should be well. Right now I get all I have for about $206 a month. I'll have to chip away at that.
Posted on: 2019/2/12 16:44

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

All I'll say is, STAY AWAY from HughesNet! That's a freaking scam. Talk data limits.....their basic package gives enough data to go about a week before you have to purchase 'tokens' to keep going.....at least that's what one of my computer clients claimed when he had me over to switch him back to our local provider.....and they fought him about dumping them, because he had signed a one year agreement. They would let him out of his contract for a mere $600.....he fought back because of "false claims" and fraud and somehow he got out without paying out anything.

Looked at Sling and Hulu Live, they are both viable options TV-wise. DirectTV Now doesn't have my FSN-Midwest, but has all the local channels. Sling doesn't have all the local channels, but has FSN-Midwest. Hulu Live is short the one local channel we usually watch for news, but has FSN-MW......so we'll have to figure it out.

Got the pickup oil changed, tires rotated, and they wanted to up-sell an alignment, because the tires were starting to cup (I declined that one), and the cabin filter was pretty crappy, so I let them change that. But they couldn't duplicate a couple other issues I wanted them to look at (really wanted it documented before warranty runs out). But the tech did have me come out and asked me if I'd heard a noise.....I had and I was going to have them look into it, but he found it, and it ends up the water pump is the problem. Scheduled the repair next Tuesday, under warranty.....nothing out of my pocket.
Posted on: 2019/2/12 21:56

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oh looked at the new Corvette they had on the showroom floor....a GS $74k...salesman came and talked to me and tried to get me to trade.....I told him "no way" "Why wouldn't you consider it?" "Because I LIKE my 2007 better than the new GS" Also they had a New/used 2018 Z06...one the dealership manager drove for 6000 miles....didn't even ask a price. Also looked at the new Silverado they had on the floor....they do not an attractive front fascia. IMO it is FUGLY.
Posted on: 2019/2/12 22:05

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Also looked at the new Silverado they had on the floor....they do not an attractive front fascia. IMO it is FUGLY.

Could be fuglier.

Attach file:

jpg  2018 Silverado.jpg (102.62 KB)
852_5c635ba560874.jpg 1000X384 px
Posted on: 2019/2/12 23:50

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Doesn’t look THAT good in person!
Posted on: 2019/2/13 0:26

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Maybe it's a 15 footer. (look from 15 ft or more) ;)
Posted on: 2019/2/13 0:39

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

yup, i think you may be right, Tommy.
Posted on: 2019/2/13 0:58

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.