Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
239 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

j3studio 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Good morning, all!

Posted on: 2019/2/26 13:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys...Really cold this morning... 4 when I got up, 7 now. They are saying mid 30s for today.

A first, in a looooong time last night...... No not that! , I slept all night through being awakened by the alarm going off.

I'm headed over to #2s house to start our Christmas present for them.

Have a great day.....pretty sure, Marcus is!

Posted on: 2019/2/26 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Good morning, all!

JOHN, I'M IN AWE OF SOMEONE THAT CAN WRITE A WHOLE BOOK :-)

CLOUDY AND NOT-SO-COLD IN THE NATIONS. TODAY'S TASK: GET THE HOUSE BACK TO NORMAL (LIVABLE) AFTER YESTERDAY'S HEN PARTY.
ALL THE UTILITARIAN THINGS WE USE EVERYDAY HAVE BEEN HIDDEN AWAY AND REPLACED BY FOOFAWS AND GEGAWS. EXTRA CHAIRS CLUTTER THE AREA AND IMPEDE MOBILITY.

WHAT FUN!
Posted on: 2019/2/26 15:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

So John I am working through the great American novel......I am 2/3's done ....... so what do I do when it comes time to find an editor...... can you edit it for me......I would pay you of course....... or know someone who can edit.......thinking of going the Amazon self publishing way but still need it edited and formatted........ just some questions I have....

aww.....only 73 degrees today and rain this afternoon....warm gentle rain.....you guys in the North.....keep scooping....... and have a great day ya'll........
Posted on: 2019/2/26 15:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Tommy don't forget to ask Sue........black elephant ears.......bulbs to Nebraska............ will pay real money not just in ethanol......
Posted on: 2019/2/26 15:23

vetteblondie Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

I can't imagine writing a book. Design/layout of one is enough of a headache. Reminds me of the golfing adventure one we got tangled up with here at the office. Boss befriended a shiester who was a 'golfer' who turns out copied a bunch of junk from some others and wrote a 'book'. His wife drew some stuff for it, that I had to redraw, and compose this book, which we went through some other place to publish, etc. thick booger too. more of my time that I can count. Then there was an instructional mat, hat, shirts, cards the works. Then he finds out the guy is a sheister. Anyway. I have one of the 'books' still as a 'reminder' to try and keep the boss out of these schemes lol. He thought he was gonna team up with this dude and make a bunch of money and we'd all get rich. All the rest of us knew better. I got paid a salary thank heavens.
Sun is out here again today, wish I was out in it. The cousin in nursing home is at her 2nd hospital stay this weekend, bleeding from her foley (bladder), possible surgery today/tonight. She's 83, this ain't looking good. Hope things work out, however. She's miserable and in a lot of pain.
Hope everyone has a great day

Attach file:

jpg  perfect swing.jpg (231.90 KB)
619_5c7579fe3a851.jpg 720X960 px
Posted on: 2019/2/26 17:40

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Bulbs to get started in the house in March.....I guess that is when you have to start them.... they have to be shippable ...... to nebraska....

I posted the reminder here. She's up on a job site till late. What do you mean by shippable and how many were you thinking about? I just strolled the nursery today and saw some purdy blacks in pots. They could always be taken out of the pot, clipped, laid flat and shipped Priority. Survive the shipping? No problem. Does Nebraska need to have the stuff certified like some states do? (CA. TX. AZ.) Just wondering. Is their a specific black you are looking for. See if you can find the botanical name and I'll see what she's got. I'll let you know what she has anyway. It's kind of difficult because I'd have to drive ALL the way to the Post Office then I'd have to drive ALL the way back home. In any case I can see who has them around here if you are looking for a specific one.

Did you see this?

https://www.burpee.com/flowers/elephan ... 2SYA3zEAYYASABEgJ3vPD_BwE

Check this too ....

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal- ... non-toxic-plants/alocasia
Posted on: 2019/2/26 20:41
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2019/2/26 20:58:47
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2019/2/26 21:05:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My drive today seemed like it took forever. It was only an hour and a half of city traffic with all the rude tricks that drivers use (and I try to block). I got behind some truckers that are just driving la-dee-dah, leaving enough room in front of them to squeeze another tractor trailer into. All the Kamikaze drivers are just slamming in the holes. Ah, that's how it is in Miami. I know it's one of the top 10 worst cities to drive in along with Boston, NYC, Chicago, L.A., Atlanta and others. I'm a patient driver but I don't have a warm spot for rude, selfish, look out I'm coming through drivers.
Posted on: 2019/2/26 20:54

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Hey.....it's been raining all day in Florida the Sunshine State....what up with that..... no matter its still better then what is waiting at home. We went to some surf shops and a mall and an 85 year old bookstore that just kept going and going and going..... I bought the John Wayne Code..... The Wit and Wisdom and Timeless advice from the Duke..... Wonder what the Duke would say about things nowadays.......

No problem Tommy...I was thinking you could throw a couple of bulbs in a box and ups it to us and we would send you money...... maybe something exotic.... we can get them from Burbees easy enough......
Posted on: 2019/2/26 22:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Marcus, we can send you some. No problem. PM me your address and I'll gather them up and and send them to you. I'll charge you the standard Guru price. ;) I talked to the boss and we got it all squared away.
Posted on: 2019/2/27 0:12

j3studio Re: 2/26/2019 … Edging Toward The End Of February
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

So John I am working through the great American novel … I am 2/3's done … so what do I do when it comes time to find an editor … can you edit it for me … I would pay you of course … or know someone who can edit … thinking of going the Amazon self publishing way but still need it edited and formatted … just some questions I have.

Marcus, there's so much to unpack, but here's some quick hits:

1) I have never paid for an editor—I bribe them with meals, book copies, and (effusive) credits. I do front-load the editing with Grammerly—

https://www.grammarly.com

—so that my editors can spend less time on stupid mistakes and more time on higher-level editing. I would happily edit for you, but may not have the right skills for a novel.

2) Formatting is much easier for a novel than for my !@#$% travel books, but it does take some work. Most of the self publishers prefer files in PDF form.

3) There are many self publishing avenues. Many folks do go with the Amazon self publishing (Kindle Direct Publishing), but I don't because it locks you into Amazon-only distribution. I have used both Lulu (www.lulu.com) and IngramSpark (www.ingramspark.com).

4) There's a lot more to this. You probably want an ISBN. You should also think about whether you want to do eBooks.

Posted on: 2019/2/27 1:37

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Yeah...I knew it could get complicated John...... may have to lean on ya a bit for some info when I get closer to it......I was thinking grammerly also for the rough draft...... I wll pm you when I got something ready....thanks..
Posted on: 2019/2/27 3:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.