Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAF
Mass Air Flow sensor. Used to measure the amount of air entering the intake. This sensor works by heating an element and then measuring the rate of c...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone MARCH 03.01.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good morning.
OK. I know what day it is today.
I may not get any calls today. Sue gave me things she wanted me to do last night. Makes it easier I guess. I can work on somewhat of a schedule. Her stuff first.

Posted on: 2019/3/1 12:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

YOU'RE DOING BETTER ON THE DATE, TOMMY.

STILL CLOUDY, STILL COLD, 'NUFF SAID 'BOUT THAT.

THE BUG KILLER DUE AT NINE, DARLING WIFE AFTER NOON, GOT TO PICK UP #1 GRANDDAUGHTER'S RESIZED RING AT THE FAMILY JEWELER. BIRTHDAY BASH FOR DW AND #1GD AT TULSA THIS EVENING. AND OF COURSE, THE NAPUS MANDATORIUS.

"REMEMBER YOUR REGIMENT AND FOLLOW YOUR OFFICERS."

Posted on: 2019/3/1 14:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: MARCH 03.01.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I was MIA yesterday. All started Wednesday evening when we went over to pick up Father at the airport. His plane came in on time and I think he was the first one off, but then had to wait for his bags. By the time we got loaded up, it was 11:20 and home it was right at midnight. I helped him take his bags in, and when we stepped in the house we knew something was wrong, it was cold! Furnace not working. I looked at it m but couldn't figure out the problem, so we told father to get some things together and come spend the night with us and we would figure out the furnace tomorrow. So it was closer to 12:30 before I got into bed. Alarm went off at 6:55. I got up and around, contacted the local tech to arrange for him to come by and look at the furnace and father got up about 8. I then took him back to the rectory as he was going to gather his stuff up and go see the CPA in the 'city'. And I headed out to do my stuff.

Went down to the shed and gathered up the stuff I needed for insulating the ceiling at #2s house. That took me until a little after noon. And by then the temps were beginning to moderate. So I started loading up my tools, and my neighbor called me asking me to give him a hand getting the wire run to his wife's she-shed. On the last load out to the truck I stepped on a patch of ice and went down hard, spraining my ankle. I haven't done that in a long time....it swelled up pretty big. But I just kept on. I unloaded the tools and stuff then grabbed my networking tools and went down to the neighbors place and started working on that. 2 hours later I finish that up.

So, by then, it's pretty nice and I decided to spray some finish on some doors I built. Just finishing that up, the guy who I am doing the kitchen for calls me..."Hey, I'm off early today, can we work on the counter tops?" "Yes, They are ready to haul over to your house.....get some help as I sprained my ankle" So a little later he shows up with some help, and we get them loaded and hauled over to, and into the house. Longer story short, I got home at 9:30, tired and hurting.

Today, lots of little things going on this morning. Go see the CPA and sign the returns, and back to finish up the counter tops. This afternoon, #2 is taking time off and with Rosie we will hang the sheetrock on the ceiling.

Weather is supposed to ne decent today, 22 now and headed to low 50s.

Got to go.
Posted on: 2019/3/1 14:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: MARCH 03.01.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I wish you could send that low 50's up to Huskerland tomorrow.... but it looks like snow and a high of 17 degrees.

headed home tomorrow time to go back to work. Nuts!
Posted on: 2019/3/1 15:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

TB, I'm sorry to hear about the ankle! I'm still in recovery mode, myself, so I can empathize with you. Hopefully the heat issue at the rectory is a minor one.

Speaking of TB, I'm no TB when it comes to computers but I'm sitting on my desktop that I finally got around to fixing. I have an older Dell Optiplex (workhorse) that I am happy with. I looked at upgrading and it would be around $700. No thanks. This one has its quirks, but I get by. The video card went out about 2 weeks ago. No problem, you can buy a good used video card on ebay for $8 shipped. That came in a while back and I put it in...computer wouldn't boot up. Great. Sometimes that happens with a new component and could mean it's not compatible (or bad). I took it out, still wouldn't boot. Diagnosed that as a bad power supply unit. Since these computers are so old and plentiful, I was able to get a used PSU for $15 shipped off ebay. That arrived last week but I didn't have time to swap it. Finally got it in this morning and everything is playing nicely together. Back in business for about $23. Tommy would be proud of that number.

I will hopefully meet up to sell a few tools this afternoon. I've really been buying and selling a lot recently.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/3/1 15:33

j3studio Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Tom, I hope your ankle feels better.

The predicted less than an inch of snow in the Philadelphia area had somehow turned into a reality of four inches when I woke up this morning.

Went out and shoveled the driveway and the walk so Ivelis could get to work—I'm working from home today. As she drove off in the black Impala, the big sedan in the foul weather somehow had the flavor of so many large American cars from the past.

Enough getting philosophical—back to work!

Posted on: 2019/3/1 15:46

GRIS Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys....I was MIA yesterday. All started Wednesday evening when we went over to pick up Father at the airport. His plane came in on time and I think he was the first one off, but then had to wait for his bags. By the time we got loaded up, it was 11:20 and home it was right at midnight. I helped him take his bags in, and when we stepped in the house we knew something was wrong, it was cold! Furnace not working. I looked at it m but couldn't figure out the problem, so we told father to get some things together and come spend the night with us and we would figure out the furnace tomorrow. So it was closer to 12:30 before I got into bed. Alarm went off at 6:55. I got up and around, contacted the local tech to arrange for him to come by and look at the furnace and father got up about 8. I then took him back to the rectory as he was going to gather his stuff up and go see the CPA in the 'city'. And I headed out to do my stuff.

Went down to the shed and gathered up the stuff I needed for insulating the ceiling at #2s house. That took me until a little after noon. And by then the temps were beginning to moderate. So I started loading up my tools, and my neighbor called me asking me to give him a hand getting the wire run to his wife's she-shed. On the last load out to the truck I stepped on a patch of ice and went down hard, spraining my ankle. I haven't done that in a long time....it swelled up pretty big. But I just kept on. I unloaded the tools and stuff then grabbed my networking tools and went down to the neighbors place and started working on that. 2 hours later I finish that up.

So, by then, it's pretty nice and I decided to spray some finish on some doors I built. Just finishing that up, the guy who I am doing the kitchen for calls me..."Hey, I'm off early today, can we work on the counter tops?" "Yes, They are ready to haul over to your house.....get some help as I sprained my ankle" So a little later he shows up with some help, and we get them loaded and hauled over to, and into the house. Longer story short, I got home at 9:30, tired and hurting.

Today, lots of little things going on this morning. Go see the CPA and sign the returns, and back to finish up the counter tops. This afternoon, #2 is taking time off and with Rosie we will hang the sheetrock on the ceiling.

Weather is supposed to ne decent today, 22 now and headed to low 50s.

Got to go.

TEE, YOU'RE GOING HAVE TO GO BACK TO TEACHING SO YOU CAN GET SOME REST :-)
Posted on: 2019/3/1 17:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

TEE, YOU'RE GOING HAVE TO GO BACK TO TEACHING SO YOU CAN GET SOME REST :-)

I was thinking that too.

Posted on: 2019/3/1 18:47

TommyT-Bone Re: MARCH 03.01.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Healing mojo sent to all.

I got called in for delivery. Frogged up all my plans. I don't know why I make plans. They NEVER work out. Actually I should know better but I'm hooked on planning.
Posted on: 2019/3/1 20:15

teebee Re: MARCH 03.01.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, the rectory is still warm and my ankle is mending...I think. It is still sore and swelled. I got lots of stuff done today. This morning, I got things gathered up for the sheetrock hanging, finished up my part of the kitchen job and met at the CPAs office and signed the papers to send our return in, for our refund.

Then this afternoon Rosie, #2 and I got the sheetrock hung. My back, neck and shoulders are achy, still and generally hurt.

Yea, Marcus, that ain't going to happen....we did make it to 49 today. Was a beautiful day, until about 3:30 (the last sheet of rock to go up), we went out to get the last sheet laid out to mark for light fixtures, etc. and it had turned damp and very chilly. By the time we finished and loaded up it was considerably colder. Tomorrow a high of 28 and snow starting and running through Sunday night and a low Sunday night of -5.

I would not ever consider going back to teaching...too many changes going on in education for me and 99% of those changes suck and undermine what education is all about....stpping down off my soapbox.

I trust you all had a wonderful day.
Posted on: 2019/3/2 3:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.