Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Tuesday 3.19.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2019/3/19 13:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Pretty nice start temp-wise this morning....40 already, but the cloud cover is going to hold the temps down some, only looking at mid 50s today.

I have doors to rout and stain this morning, then I'll find some other things that need done.

I hope all of you will stay high and dry today, especially Marcus out there in corn country where all the flooding is occurring. I think his place is OK, though.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 13:33

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GRIS, I remember reading about the victors of war pillaging, killing all the males, and raping all the women to demoralize them. War has come a long way since then in most places but the result is a generation that seeks revenge for the travesties of the battles that they endured. In a world where anywhere is accessible and an enemy can go undetected, you never know where a catastrophic event will erupt. And then there are the individuals that have had a break from reality and undertake a mission of a mass assault for reasons known and unknown. Of course mix in the serial and criminal elements that raise their routine havoc along with population growth that goes unchecked and here we sit. The best protection is a personal arsenal.

Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The flood plain is unbelievable. From what I've seen the last few years if I were to live somewhere else I'd seek high ground on a solid base with a massive clearing to avoid fire, away from the coast (hurricanes) not in tornado alley, with moderate temperatures and not near a volcano or fault line. Weather ($#!+) happens. Terrible.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:16

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Enough serious thought for the day. I've got to get busy ... after I go to facebook ......
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:17

GRIS Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY AND HAZY THIS MORNING, MAY HIT 70 THEY SAY. THE HAZE MAY BE SMOKE, FROM WHENCE I DO NOT KNOW. COULD BE CAMP GRUBER, GRASS FIRE FROM TRACERS.

TOMMY THE ARSENAL IDEA HAS MERIT. I ALWAYS HAVE A GUN IN THE CAR BUT USUALLY DON'T CARRY UNLESS I GO IN SOMEPLACE I MIGHT HVE TO SHOOT MY WAY OUT OF, LIKE TULSA :-| BEEN THINKING ABOUT CARRYING MORE; AS YOU SAY BAD STUFF CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS!
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Enough serious thought for the day...

If it starts to hurt, take two aspirin and take a nap
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:28

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

From yesterday:

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Got some more writing done for the book/not book, now at 12,800 words.

John, if you need help you can ask my kids. They can fit 12,800 words in a 30 second commercial break.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:29

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Supposedly we will see some slightly warmer weather this week. Spring has sprung?

Still fighting with the driveshaft on the wife's car. It has a vibration. I found the u-joints are actually a little loose in the yoke. I'm going to cheat and throw a quick tack weld in to hold them in better. If that's not it and it needs a balance I might consider a new driveshaft. Sometimes it's easier just to replace versus repairing old junk.

Gotta head to mom's today and do some chores.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:31

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

The flood plain is unbelievable. From what I've seen the last few years if I were to live somewhere else I'd seek high ground on a solid base with a massive clearing to avoid fire, away from the coast (hurricanes) not in tornado alley, with moderate temperatures and not near a volcano or fault line. Weather ($#!+) happens. Terrible.

THE NORTH OR SOUTH SIDE OF A RIDGE OR RANGE OF HILLS SEEMS TO BE GOOD FOR WEATHER AVOIDANCE. ABOVE THE FLATS EXCESS WATER RUNS OFF. (AND TAKES YOUR DRIVEWAY WITH IT)

WHERE I WAS STATIONED IN GERMANY THERE WAS A LINE OF HILLS TO THE NORTH THAT KEPT OFF THE WORST OF THE WINTER WEATHER.
WHERE WE ARE NOW THE RIDGE JUST TO THE SOUTH SEEMS TO MODERATE THE STORMS. NO VOLCANOES IN THE IN'DN NATIONS---
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:36

Ultraman Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

yeah we are high and dry here......my old man always told us to build on the high ground on rock not on sand..... as well as an agronomist he was a weekend preacher to small churches the could not afford full time pastors.

We are doing well here but from here east it gets nasty in a hurry. Unprecedented cyclo bomb storm and frozen ground meant everything was going to run off and it did.

Billions of dollars in damage and bridges will have to be rebuilt....its a mess. Like I said earlier my wife's mother had to be moved from the retirement home she lives in because the place got flooded. They are now in temporary housing and it will be 6 to 8 weeks until they can be moved back. All the carpets have to be replaced along with sheetrock damage and then everything must pass a State inspection. A lot of these folks are in memory care and its been a tough time for them. Got to give the staff there a shout out for working long hours to make sure their charges were as comfortable as possible.....

500 year storm they are saying now....... got to get to work....have a dry day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:48

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

JUST SAW A HEADLINE THAT THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT IS GOING TO INVESTIGATE BOEING'S AIRPLANE PROBLEM.
SEEM TO ME AN INVESTIGATION BY ENGINEERS MIGHT PROVIDE MORE USEFUL THAN ONE BY LAWYERS.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 14:54

Ultraman Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah like have a big cut off switch so the pilot can fly his own airplane without the Hal 9000 computer system and software killing everyone.....

https://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE
Posted on: 2019/3/19 16:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Still fighting with the driveshaft on the wife's car. It has a vibration. I found the u-joints are actually a little loose in the yoke. I'm going to cheat and throw a quick tack weld in to hold them in better. If that's not it and it needs a balance I might consider a new driveshaft. Sometimes it's easier just to replace versus repairing old junk.

Or ..... you could do what GRIS and I do. Bring it to a shop with a qualified mechanic that has the proper tools. (If he/she doesn't have the tools you could always sell the tools to them.) Also a shop that has dealt with the problem before would know all the cheats. Examples of stuff I sent to the shop are a pulley on the 87 911 that required an engine drop, a heater core on my 90 Vette and anything I posted that said something about me bringing something to the shop.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 19:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

JUST SAW A HEADLINE THAT THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT IS GOING TO INVESTIGATE BOEING'S AIRPLANE PROBLEM.
SEEM TO ME AN INVESTIGATION BY ENGINEERS MIGHT PROVIDE MORE USEFUL THAN ONE BY LAWYERS.

Where are the billable hours for that? Everybody knows lawyers first. Everybody else scramble for a teat.
Posted on: 2019/3/19 19:20

teebee Re: Tuesday 3.19.19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Another busy day. Worked in the shop staining doors most of the morning. Then helped Rosie move some stuff from old office over to the new. Looks like they are getting close over there to finishing. Contractor told me they would be texturing the walls tomorrow and start painting Thursday or Friday. So early next week I could be installing the cabinets there.

Went back to the shop and the stain was dry on the doors, so I decided to go ahead and start spraying the lacquer. I finished spraying the lacquer about 7:30 this evening.....the doors will be ready to install hinges and then take over and install them on the cabinets tomorrow.

So, my Wednesday is pretty much planned out. Oh, it did get into the mid 50s today, the sun peaked out a few times,but the breeze made it feel cool.
Posted on: 2019/3/20 2:56

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.