Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

j3studio Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

I want to report that we had a successful stereo head unit upgrade to Louis, though I ended up having a pro do it. All-in cost was about $1,500 parts and labor to add somewhat better sound, CarPlay, and a backup camera. They did a beautiful job—the Kenwood Excelon looks like it has always been there.

Ivelis points out (correctly) that $1,500 is less than two months of payments on whatever the next Corvette is. So, if the fancy new telematics extend Louis' comfortable life for us by more than that, it's a win.
Posted on: 2019/5/9 12:40

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...May 9, 43 years ago on Mothers day, I became a father. Happy birthday to my daughter!

Cold this morning, cloudy and damp. Supposed to be rainy all day again, highs in upper 40s to low 50s. Not much on my agenda today. Waiting for materials to arrive for a couple projects.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/9 12:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

THE DAY STARTED OFF SUNNY BUT NOW OVERCAST AND BREEZY. MAYBE IF I GO BACK TO BED THE SUN WILL RETURN? THIS HAS BEEN A VERY COOL WET SPRING.

HIPPO BIRDIE TWO TEESDAUGHTER---

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, MAY TAKE ANOTHER PASS AT TRIMMING HEDGES AND BUSHES, IF IT WILL JUST REFRAIN FROM RAIN. OR I COULD GO MEXICAN AND TRY OUT EL NAPO GRANDE :-)
Posted on: 2019/5/9 14:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

and a good Dad you have been.....congrates to your Number 1 Tee....

John I am thinking like you. I have been considering a C7 but after taking my Grand Sport on a short 200 mile journey this last weekend I realized I still like this car a lot. I like the interior size and the 6M and the look of the car. I am an LS man also.... I have had the car 8 years now.....does not seem possible. I can put on 700 miles in a day and not feel beat up.... but it is time for a refresh.....

I bought a set of 19" fronts and 20" rears....Corvette Cup wheels from a friend on the other forum. So will be putting those on as soon as I can get them.... I think that will look good on the Blade Silver GS.

Time for some upgrades...

Posted on: 2019/5/9 15:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

You bought those "cup" wheels and tires?

Well, I've been fairly busy this morning. Went up to the Telephone office (Communications of all sorts, TV/Internet) and talked to the gal there about getting service to the couple I talked to yesterday. While there she was telling me another lady in town was having problems...actually, we discussed this lady a few days ago, but this morning she said "..... was in again this morning, mad because her TV wasn't working yet. We can't send a tech over until next week, and she's mad and just wants her TV working." I said,"Call her and see if she wants me to go by and get her up and running." So, she calls and tells her (my name) and that I will be by in a few minutes to see if I can fix the problem. Now a little back story, she's just a couple years older than I, and I've known who she was for 40 years, never had much contact with her at all. Always thought she was a bit 'strange'. (Well, that was a HUGE understatement). I ring the doorbell on the front door, she comes to the door and peeks out, then disappears. a couple minutes later she comes around the side of the house rambling on something about the front door not working. OK, i'm thinking, this isn't out of the ordinary. So she still ranting about the TV and what she has done and it won't work and the passwords are wrong and someone is trying to get at her, the weather is bad.....on and on. "Can we turn your TV on? And I will get you set up." So she turns the TV on and says "It won't come up." (The app), I press the home button and BOOM, there's the app right at the top. With a surprised look on her face she says "Where did that come from? How did you find that?" "Well, I just pushed this button right here." showing her which button I pushed. So then I started the app and it asks her to sign in. Now the TV company gave her a card for them to write down their username/password needed to get on...so I take the card, but there is no password under her TV account username and she tells me it is this password (the one listed for her router WiFi), I think, "ok, that makes sense) and type it in....'wrong username or password' error comes up. So there is a password for email account, so I try that one......no go there either. And then tells me someone HAD to change the password and they are trying to get at her, and they won't let her change the password.....So I called the office and asked the gal there if she could send a link to reset the password. "I'm sending it right now." So I turn to the lady and ask where her computer is, because they are sending a link to reset the password." Well, I use the computer at the library and it doesn't open until 9." I look at my watch, and it's 8:59 and say "Well, let's go up and get your email." (Library is two blocks away) And she says, "OH, I HAVE to turn on the burglar alarm." Ok and I go out to the pickup and wait for her.....5 minutes later she comes out rambling something about her alarm system and the front door.... So, on the way, I ask her, "You don't have a computer?" "Oh no, they aren't safe and people will ...." then starts rambling. When we get to the library and she says, and points, that's the computer I use. "OK, lets get logged into your email....and she gives me this deer in the headlights look.....luckily I brought the card that had her information. so I take over the computer and log in for her, because it would have taken forever to her to do it. Right at the top was the email to reset the password. I click on the link and ask her what she would like... She starts talking to herself and finally I say, "How about we use the password for your email?" "Oh, I don't know someone could steal that and then they could get into my account and ...." Well, your username is your email address, it would be easy for you to remember. Then she goes off on how she is a senior citizen and she's very forgetful.... but finally agrees. So I type it in and it says we need to add a number (no number on the password (all letters) so I say, "we need to add a number to the password, what number would you like to add?" She goes off again about something and finally I said "Well what number would you like to add?" and she finally tells me a number, I add it amd then tell her we can go back to her house....."Oh, we are done already?" "Yup, we can go back and finish setting you up." So back to the house and type in the new password. She says "I told you it wouldn't work." And just as she says it, it pops up and starts working. "OH, how did you do that? It's working!" So I tell her that I must be leaving and she starts rambling about the alarm system and door and how someone has been trying to break into her house and she has had to replace the doorknob twice this year on that front door because they have broken it and that's why it can't be opened. I say, "Let me take a look at it." I walk over to the door and turn lock knob to unlock it and open the door......she says "Well, you fixed it. How did you do that?" "I just turned the lock knob." And she starts rambling on about something. The lady is a F@#KING nut case. A little more backstory, in high school, apparently, she was extremely smart, no common sense, but very smart, then went off to college and fried her brain on drugs....every kid ought to have to experience this lady and know why she acts the way she does. It's safe to say, I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.....I didn't even charge her anything, I think, she thought, I worked for the company. My public service for the week.
Posted on: 2019/5/9 18:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yikes! It takes all kinds to make it interesting....

Yes I bought Roberts wheels....driving over to Davenport IA next Saturday to pick them up from him...... he is coming from Detroit..... its about half way for both. The wheels have some new Michelin tires on them.....

Posted on: 2019/5/9 22:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 5/9/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

When I get around a bunch of nuts I bolt.
Posted on: 2019/5/10 20:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.