Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
256 user(s) are online (219 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2019/6/12 12:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

OVERCAST, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE CHEROKEES ARE HAPPY WITH THAT. THE CHEROKEE NATIONAL ELECTION IS OVER, MAYBE. WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.
THE CHICKASAWS, THE MOST BUSINESS SAVVY OF THE CIVILIZED TRIBES, RE-ELECTED THE MAN WHO HAS BEEN GOVERNOR FOR YEARS, WITH HIS SON AS SEGUNDO. I WONDER ABOUT THAT.

TOOK THE BUMBLE BE IN EARLY TO CHECK WHEEL BALANCE, THE SHIMMY HAD WENT AWAY SO I TURNED AROUND AND CAME HOME. IF IT AIN'T BROKE---
I'M THINKING THE SHIMMY WAS FLAT SPOTS; THE CAR HAD BEEN SITTING FOR TWO WEEKS AND IT WAS IN THE 50'S THAT MORNING.

SO TODAY'S GOAL HAS BEEN MET. IF ONLY THE REST WERE SO EASY :-)
Posted on: 2019/6/12 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Glad that healed itself Gris...... Beautiful day here....its a perfect day to go stand around in some corn fields..... so I think I shall.....to bad you can't come with me......

Stay hydrated my friends......

Posted on: 2019/6/12 13:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Ya, flat spots sounds about right.

Resume normal activities today. Have to start with a dump run for the nursery. That's 2 1/ days I lost so far this week for doing my stuff. Wet weather in the forecast.
Posted on: 2019/6/12 13:56

istter1 Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Cool down today looking at 105
Posted on: 2019/6/12 14:59

TommyT-Bone Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

GRIS, the package arrived in spite of the handling from the shipping company. ;) Just so you know there was a box of bolts, spacers, washers and nuts on the bottom of the box. The box jogged open but most of the hardware was there. Whatever is needed can be scavenged from the one they take off. Thanks GRIS. Looks good for an almost 30 y/o under carriage item.
Posted on: 2019/6/12 18:39

istter1 Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Only 100 right now expected 105 cooling trend continues here in sunny California
Posted on: 2019/6/12 19:01

Ultraman Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

yeah but its dry heat right Steve?
Posted on: 2019/6/12 20:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Cool down today looking at 105

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WITH REAL SUMMER WEATHER :-)
IS THAT MUCH HIGHER THAN NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR FOR YOU?
I WAS THINKING BAKERSFIELD WAS PRETTY HOT IN SUMMER.
Posted on: 2019/6/13 0:11

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

GRIS, the package arrived in spite of the handling from the shipping company. ;) Just so you know there was a box of bolts, spacers, washers and nuts on the bottom of the box. The box jogged open but most of the hardware was there. Whatever is needed can be scavenged from the one they take off. Thanks GRIS. Looks good for an almost 30 y/o under carriage item.

THAT THING WOULD BE PRETTY HARD TO DAMAGE, I'D THINK.

I DID NOT REMEMBER ANY PARTS, BUT IT'S BEEN TWO OR THREE YEARS SINCE I MESSED WITH IT. GLAD THEY'RE THERE, YOU'VE GOT SPARES NOW IF YOU NEED THEM.
Posted on: 2019/6/13 0:16

teebee Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Cool and breezy this morning. Looking for a high in the mid 70s. It has not been a normal June week and I'n NOT complaining.

Problems yesterday with one of the Firestick installs. I couldn't make one work right. Had to give up when Rosie called. I left instructions with the gentleman, on how to log in later, once the server had a chance to recover.

She's in Salina (4 hours away) at meetings when she got notice of a problem with the refrig she keeps her vaccines in. So she had me run up to the office to check things out....it appeared that the internal temp gauge was malfunctioning, but the aftermarket thermometers showed things OK. So problems averted.

I went back to the storage shed, where earlier I had patched the sheetrock where I had to add the connection for the generator plug, and gave it a second coat. Then home.

About an hour later the guy calls me to say the firestick app still wouldn't work and described other issues going on. I told him it sounded like the router was not up to snuff (which when I initially looked at it, I told him it was marginal) and we probably should look at upgrading it. I told him I'd do something today.

I then got a call from Father saying someone had gone into the church and did some damage, and could I come take a look. So I ran up to the church t see where someone had stolen a couple of the microphones and attempted to get into the room where the amps were...apparently attempting to steal them too. Police had already been there. Sorry arses. There have been a lot of break-ins around the town the last few weeks, so we are thinking, we have to take more precautions about keeping things locked.

Back to the storage shed to check on the mud job, and decided that the grass (weeds) needed to be mowed, so I pulled the mower and did that. Back home and made myself a sandwich and sat down to eat it (about 8:30) and Rosie calls again, in a panic, saying the alarm was going off again (I'm thinking, she had me disable that alarm), no, this time it is the aftermarket thermometer, saying it was too cold. She's already called people and we needed to transfer the vaccine to the hospital's pharmacy's refrig to save the vaccine from damage. So I meet the gal at the office and we get the special coolers and unload the refrig into the coolers and transfer it to the hospital, where we meet the gal in charge there of their medicines and load it into their refrig. Finally I get back home about 10:30.

I sit down and find my SIL had texted me about a delivery I had sent to them. Last week, the stove they bought 3 years ago, when we remodeled their kitchen, had shot craps and they had to buy a new one. The new one was deeper than the old one, and interferred with the opening of the drawer and door of the cabinet next to it. So I made the plan to narrow up the openings, requiring new door, drawer and drawer front. I got the new parts ordered last week, and initially, was told they would ship the 21st. OK. But, last Friday, I got an email saying the order had shipped (I had it sent directly to them). So, anyway, SIL checked the track number and it said the package was delivered, but wasn't there. And then he looked closer and it said package delivered to some address in Jupiter, Florida. I sent hime a text saying I'd check on it in the morning. By then I'm dragging.

This morning, about the time my door company opened, I gave them a call to check on the problem. Somehow two numbers on the order were swapped and my order was not actually done or shipped....it is actually on time to ship the 21st. Great, I figured the "in shop" time wasn't enough.

As soon as I hang up the phone, it rang and it's the guy with the firestick problem, telling me that once he turned off his iPad (which he had logged into his streaming account, he was able to get the Tv we were having problem with, to log in and everything was working fine. Wonderful....as I'm talking to him the call waiting feature of my phone goes off and it's Rosie.

So I hang up with the guy and take Rosie's call. She says they are headed home as they have to figure out the refrig problem. They have the service guy coming out from Wichita, but they have to contact each and every one of the manufacturers of the different vaccines to find out if the vaccines got too cold to destroy the live cultures and they didn't want to leave that on the shoulders of the gal that was here. So they are headed home.

It has been a crazy two days. I hope all of you are having a great day. I got things I need to get done.
Posted on: 2019/6/13 2:06

Resized Image

teebee Re: Weds Mmorning 6-12-19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, I came back to find that my other post hadn't gone when I hit 'submit'.

It was a busy morning working at the storage shed a bit, then back to the house to work in th shop...basically cleaning it up before I started the next cabinet job. Then up to eat with the old folks. Then over to Rosies' office as they had returned about noontime. After that back to the shop to start cutting up material for the cabinet job I was starting. All main parts cut and joinery cut. Then a call from the guy with the firestick saying he was still having problems, I told him I think your router is the issue and told him to go up and get one at the telephone office. About 10 minutes later he called back saying they were out of the one I wanted him to get. "I guess I'll just not watch any TV this weekend" Yea, let me see what I have in my stash. Ends up I have one almost identical to the one he has. I take it over and throw it on and when it boots up I'm able to log on and get him up and running. I told him that should get you by until Tuesday when I get back and I can pick one up and get the new one going for you.

Then I get a call to help move some stuff at church "about a half hour", well, 2 1/2 hours later we finish and it's 8:30........I need a break.

Tomorrow we will head for KC, maybe that's the break I need.
Posted on: 2019/6/13 2:54

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.