Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
229 user(s) are online (200 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS SUNDAY THE 23D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

GOOD MORNING, GURUS---
Posted on: 2019/6/23 12:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLOUDY AND DRIPPING IN THE NATIONS, ONE INCH IN THE RAIN GAUGE AND MORE ON THE WAY ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER WIZARDS.

ABOUT FIVE HOURS WINDSHIELD TIME WAS REQUIRED FOR THE BIRTHDAY EXPEDITION. THAT'S OK, THESE CHINESE IMPORTS NEED VISIBLE FAMILY SOLIDARITY.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, DOING NOTHING BUT RAIN STUFF :-)

BARNUM'S LAW:
THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE.

GRIS' COROLLARY:
EVERY FIVE MINUTES SOMEONE IS BORN TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OTHER FOUR.

GOD BLESS TEXAS:

Attach file:

jpg  CLICK.jpg (62.90 KB)
12496_5d0f79775bdd8.jpg 598X632 px
Posted on: 2019/6/23 13:02

Ultraman Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

.....well....it rained again...... amazing..... and corn prices just keep going up...... which is good if you will have corn to sell.....

Hoping to get the lawn mowed today but may have to chain up the mower to get through the mud..... this is all getting real interesting...

took the 56 wagon into church last night to see how it handled being in the rain. you know what leaks and what doesn't..... was gone for 5 hours and it never even sprinkled.... got home and put the car away and it started to rain...... oh well..... saves a lot of cleaning today...

Have a nice day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/6/23 16:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Good afternoon -
made it through the dreaded nursing home visit today. I always dread it but after the "state's" visit (the state office of nursing home compliance) and her being moved back to her 'normal' room, I was dreading what all would be wrong, missing, you name it. Wasn't as bad as could be I suppose. Room was in decent order, I hung pictures, put away things, rearranged things, the dead plant I couldn't get to in order to water is actually trying to grow so I trimmed and watered it we'll see. She's down to ONE pair of socks, that pissed me off and her recliner is in 'storage', no where for folks to sit or HER to sit for wheelchair break. We went completely through her closet and all the blankets (everyone gives them blankets - just don't they have a sh*t ton) and two tubs of other stuff. I set out her humming bird feeder too. I'm 2 hours late getting home after 3 hours of sleep and worn out. They (staff) are okay I guess but I could tell some were pissed at me. I absolutely do not give 2 craps. At all. It's about her and her comfort. Period. She's in a new wheelchair, that properly locks, with a level seat, with a foot rest 'bucket pad' so her feet won't fall through the pedals as she can't control them any more. One other plant had the drain pan and wrapping removed for no reason and her shampoo and conditioner apparently are being used by someone else as it's also missing along with a shirt or two, but small taters so far. Sun is out here and it's supposed to be raining but this is Arkansas. Think I might put off the nap and get in the pool. Have a good day y'all
Posted on: 2019/6/23 19:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Letty, I will never make it there. I know the life that awaits in nursing homes and the care or lack of it and I will have no part of it. Whatever my options are come the time I know I will exercise one of them. If I'm in a critical or grave state my wife knows I want no care to extend my existence unless there is a very good chance of recovery. The scene you describe is replicated throughout the nation. It is unacceptable and should never be tolerated. If you have to light a fire under their asses, fire them up.

How hot is it today in South Florida? It's Vulcan hot.
Posted on: 2019/6/23 19:49

GRIS Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

ANOTHER TWO AND A QUARTER INCHES OF RAIN TODAY, DON'T KNOW IF IT'S DONE YET.

NURSING HOMES ARE DISMAL AT BEST. MY MOTHER WAS IN ONE IN THE EARLY 80'S. SHE HAD TWO THINGS GOING FOR HER: HER SECOND HUSBAND LEFT HER WELL OFF ENOUGH TO PAY HER OWN WAY, WHICH MEANT IF WE WERE NOT HAPPY WITH THEM SHE COULD BE MOVED POCO PRONTO, UNLIKE THOSE BEING PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT, AND DARLING WIFE AND I (MOSTLY DW) COULD DROP IN AT RANDOM INTERVALS. THEY NEVER KNEW WHEN WE MIGHT SHOW UP. WE ALSO WERE FRIENDLY WITH THE AIDS WHO AID THE ACTUAL CARE.

MY GRANDMOTHER ALWAYS SAID YOU COULD CATCH MORE FLIES WITH HONEY THAN WITH VINEGAR.

IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME TO ASK HER WHY SHE WANTED TO CATCH FLIES ;-)
Posted on: 2019/6/24 0:23

vetteblondie Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

I’m with ya Tommy, no nursing home for me either. I just came back from being back up there. Took her shampoo, conditioner and socks plus a bowl of beans Arron just made. The aides getting her in bed thanked me for all the work I did today.
Gris we were private pay at first and tried the honey method. That worked for a while then as private pay you’re entitled to your own room and such which we never got. New admin fixed that then he left and next 3 admins and issues ever since. New owners twice. Problem is this is where she chose as this is her hometown so her friends can visit.
I tried to get her an apartment on PACE with home aides and it was $43/mo more and she threw a fit . This was $5000. Sometimes you can’t talk sense into people. I tried

I sent 20 typed pages with photos to the state complaint board. That caused this “impromptu” investigation. Might not do any good but makes my point at least . . Other families have called state but none have supplied what I have. Been collecting this since November
Posted on: 2019/6/24 1:23
Edited by vetteblondie on 2019/6/24 1:39:22

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: SUNDAY THE 23D
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys...slept in this morning, then as soon as we got up, Rosie says "let's go to the 'city' for Ihop and pick up the stuff you ordered". So we headed over di breakfast then shopping. Came home and I decided to wash the Caddy and the pickup. There went 3 1/2 hours. Then I called the lady I set the computer up for and told her I'd bring it out and hook it all up for her, set up her printer and install what ever other software she needed. another 3 1/2 hours....Got back home and Rosie had supper ready...Chef salads. I sat here in my chair after eating and fell asleep for about 40 minutes.

It's been a pretty day here, about a 1/4" of rain last night. Then this morning, it was partly cloudy and comfortably cool. Clouds cleared and light breezes came in, made it all the way up to 77.

Not much experience with rest homes.....MIL, but she didn't last too long after she went in. Just pretty depressing places for the most part. Our local home isn't quite as depressing when I've been in it, but I can't speak to the care there, just appearances.....
Posted on: 2019/6/24 2:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.