Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundane Chat 06.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

How D?
Posted on: 2019/6/24 11:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I ended up going in for Sue to the Summer Fruit Festival and as many things go it did not go as planned. I got there at 09:15 AM and was supposed to cover till 12:00 or so. Sue came back from the funeral and decided she wanted to go out to the reservation to the event they were holding at the deceased's home. She also decided the fest was slow so she asked about tearing down and leaving. We commenced with the loading up and tear down. Her worker and I loaded the box truck full of plants. Sweating bullets, temps in the mid 90's with hardly a breeze. Dropped off her worker and headed home. Got there around 03:00. Sue wanted me to unload the stuff as well and I told here I'd back the truck facing away from the sun and her guys could unload it in the morning. I told Sue, "No more summer festivals." to which she readily agreed. It's to damned hot for that kind of stuff.

I saw a kid there (late 20's) I've known for years. I was telling him about how some days I can't think of an actors name and on other days I'm sharp as a tack. I also told him about how I get a lot done but takes me twice as long to do it. He listened courteously and then said to me. "I know what I want to be when I get older" I replied "What?" To which he said "Younger".

"Make it a good day."
Posted on: 2019/6/24 11:54

teebee Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....another beautiful start to the day. 54 now, sunny and light breezes. Looking for a high in the low to mid 80s today.

I’ve got a couple routers to install for some sweet little old ladies. And some work in the shop awaits me.

Better get to it. I hope all of you have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/6/24 13:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, BUT AT LEAST IT'S NOT RAINING. WE GOT ABOUT THREE AND A HALF INCHES OVER THE WEEKEND. WE'RE ON THE RAINY SIDE OF THE STATE, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. GOT SOME MAJOR BRUSH TRIMMING TO DO AND IT'S AUTO ROTATION DAY. STUFF GETS HARDER TO DO AS MY PHYSICAL STRENGTH LESSENS; I HAVE TO DO THINGS BY INSTALLMENTS :-|

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Problem is this is where she chose as this is her hometown so her friends can visit.
I tried to get her an apartment on PACE with home aides and it was $43/mo more and she threw a fit . This was $5000. Sometimes you can’t talk sense into people. I tried

THAT IS A PROBLEM ALL RIGHT. ANOTHER ADVANTAGE WE HAD THAT I DIDN'T MENTION IS THAT I AM AN ONLY CHILD. MOTHER WAS OUT OF HER MIND AND I HAD FULL POWER OF ATTORNEY. WHAT I DECIDED WAS WHAT HAPPENED. I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY INSTANCES WHEN THE CHILDREN QUARRELED ABOUT WHAT WAS TO BE DONE, AND NEEDFUL THINGS WEREN'T DONE. SHE IS DAMNED LUCKY TO HAVE YOU, LETTY.
Posted on: 2019/6/24 13:39

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I am POA as well but mentally she’s all there. I try to let her do her thing and handle her own until I see it’s beyond her means. Only then will I intervene. And I approach nicely st first then nice but firm then I’m aggravated then I’m at the point of I’ve had it and don’t give two shits who I puss off. That’s where I am now with it. No other family helps and I’m supposed to be living in Fla with a different job and had to pull the plug because this got literally dumped on me. I feel my life got ruined so I have no patience already with it. Forgive me for sounding mean but that’s the facts. Do I care? Sure but we weren’t that close. I’m her 3rd cousin. She has family that goes right by there daily, one walks there for exercises come all the way across town to McDonald’s here by my house he won’t mow her yard. I have to pay to get that done.
Enough of my issues - beautiful day here today, birds singing slight breeze not a cloud in the sky although storms were forecasted . My house is a wreck by it can stay that way today is some outside time for me
Good day y’all
Posted on: 2019/6/24 15:08

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

That's what we're here for, Letty. (I think) To be a sounding board. Better to let it out than let it fester inside. Your day will come Letty, sooner than you think. You can still make plans for the future.

Been working on the outback bathroom/storage room. It's starting to take shape. I'll take a few pics when I get more of the framing done.

Tee, who do you think is the best service provider for a router when you want to want to run Amazon Prime TV, Directv Now and watch Netflix? I've still got AT&T phone and internet and Directv satellite service but might move to Comcast for higher speeds. A year has flown by and my discounts are about to disappear. I've got to change to lower my bill. Or at least threaten to leave again. Might be time to start from scratch.
Posted on: 2019/6/24 19:20

teebee Re: Mundane Chat 06.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Tommy, I'm really sold on the Netgear Nighthawk. Personally I have the R8000, but I've been buying the R7450 for my clients (just ordered 2 more today) The cable company sells the R7000, which is pretty good, just not at the price they sell them for.
Posted on: 2019/6/25 2:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.