Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH350
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.52
2nd Gear: 1.52
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1969 thru 1979.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

MORNING Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2019/6/25 12:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WILL WARM RIGHT UP THEY SAY.

GOT THE MANUAL ON THE WIN 490, GOT IT APART EXCEPT THE BOLT WON'T COME OUT. IT SHOULD SLIDE RIGHT OUT BUT WILL NOT. I'M SOAKING IT IN KROIL; IT MAY BE FROZEN WITH GUNK FROM LACK OF CLEANING.

STILL HAVE SOME BUSH TRIMMING TO DO, NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.

Attach file:

jpg  NANCY.jpg (67.01 KB)
12496_5d1213932b47b.jpg 480X489 px
Posted on: 2019/6/25 12:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys......pretty start to the day, but it is going to warm into the 90s. Surprisingly, I don't have any TVs or computer things to do today.....yet, that is subject to change. Rosie was up early (5am) so she and a couple others could leave to go to Wichita for some health related meeting. They need to be there by 10am (about 3 hour and 45 minute drive to where the meeting is).

I'll work in the shop today. That will be a real change of pace for me. With all this work I've been doing, I haven't had/taken time to change the coolant in the Corvette. It still has the original stuff in there (as far as I know). So I have new thermostat, hoses, coolant and new belts, tensioners and idler pulleys to go on....but I'm having the repair place here in town to do all the changing for me next week.

I hope you all have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/6/25 13:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I like the way you think tee, using the repair shop in town. Make sure you open the hood and check their work though. I just had a master cylinder changed and they didn't hook up a wire, left my blower air filter resting on the wheel well, another sensor was not connected and a couple of electrical wires left resting on the manifold. The shop owner is a friend. I'm gonna give him an earful plus get everything done right. It's the guys working for him. I told him before they don't have any attention to detail. I have to remember in the future to have him show me what they did BEFORE I take the car back. My buddy is knowledgeable, excellent at diagnostics and he's a good mechanic but he has guys working for him that just do what he tells them to. Replace this, do that. Needs better quality control.
Posted on: 2019/6/25 14:30

Ultraman Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

there is only one guy I trust to work on my GS at the repair shop and I ask him when he can and that's when I schedule it. I am usually there looking over his shoulder also...... I'm sure they charge me more for that.....

got gramps moved into hospice care. beautiful place with great kindly folks to help out.... so much better than where he was. It will be his last move though and that was sobering.....

Have a great kind of day Guru's

Posted on: 2019/6/25 15:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Tommy, All that wrong sounds a bit more than a lack of attention to detail. And, yes your friend needs to know. It's HIS reputation going out the door and reflects directly on him. One thing I stayed nervous about while working at the body shop. He had an established reputation, I certainly didn't want to make a mistake and tarnish it. He would put me to a task and walk off. I always went back to get him to 'sign off' and make sure it was to his specifications whatever he asked me to do. Said that was one thing he admired as most of his help would mess up something and try to let it slide on out the door.
Speaking of 'lack of attention to detail' of a sorts. Nursing home called last night to tell me they were sending her out to the hospital to 'be checked out'. Said she was legarthic and not all there in her head. So they sent her out of precaution. They'd update me. No update.I called back last night, no one ever answered, I called this morning, no answer. I called the ER last night and they said she'd been discharged back to the facility. I still haven't heard from the home to know what happened or wtf is going on. Another lady from the home called today to ask what the plant was in her room as they in fact ARE going to buy her a new one (as they should). But not any word on her condition. I brought that to her attention. Pisses me off.
Sunny here today, was nice yesterday, slow at work, not crap going on, makes for a long day.
BF is suggesting a bike trip down 66 t0 Cali and back. Any suggestions/tips/etc?
Oh and might I say in typical man-fashion, he of course wants a new Harley to do this with, yet gripes about money. Go figure.
Posted on: 2019/6/25 18:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Trip down 66 sounds nice while pulling the bike on a trailer. lol You can tell I'm getting old.
Posted on: 2019/6/25 20:08

vetteblondie Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

He either gets a different bike more suitable for two, or the trip is on a 2012 Harley Nightster 1200. Not much room for me and zero room for any sort of baggage. Can't take much either way but crap at least need SOME
Posted on: 2019/6/25 22:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: TOOSDAY DE 25TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I say, take the Corvette, Letty.

Yea, I check over the work, and like Marcus, I'll probably be standing right there, and advising, the whole time. The owner is a former student (classmate of #2) and he still asks my opinion/advice on things.
Posted on: 2019/6/26 3:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.