Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

WHERE ARE THE GURUS?
Posted on: 2019/8/6 13:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SUNNY, MILD, AND HUMID THIS MORNING IN THE NATIONS, NOT GOING TO BE A DAY FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITY.

THE SATURDAY MORNING OF THE GUNSHOW I SAW A LITTLE GRAY FOX DOWN BY THE BARN AS I WAS LEAVING. NOW I'M SEEING ONLY TWO COTTONTAILS DOWN THERE RATHER THAN THREE. COULD THERE BE ANY CONNECTION? THE WORLD WONDERS---

ABS QUIT ON THE '87, ALWAYS SOME DAMN THING---
Posted on: 2019/8/6 13:27

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

we're all sleeping in Gris...... hot here also and I get to go look at some corn fields.... yay..... I'm about ready for this one to be over.... I get kinda tired this time of the year.

Big Corvette ride got called off yesterday due to the possibility of inclement weather. Then of course the weather turned out just fine....oh well..... we will try again.

Gris it may be time for an upgrade in your Corvette stable... C5's and 6's are very reasonable right now. Just saying......

How about it Guru's...... what all is going on?
Posted on: 2019/8/6 13:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning ya'll - happy belated anniversary Tommy, in lieu of flowers whatever you chose I hope worked well lol
I do admire all of you on your marriages - you all have lasted longer than both my marriages and two live-ins put together.
Friday was off but spent the better part of the day in the DMV office. I always say I never have a long wait there but Friday was the day. Me and what appeared to be a 'cryp' sat together, he was exceptionnally well mannered - we came up with a plan. They call so many numbers and those people aren't there - I told him, next one they call and nobody gets up and they call again, you get up and go. He did. I though I'll be danged. So the next number I did it too otherwise I'd still be there. First/end of month is a no-go for that place. Took Saturday to unplug from everyone, or tried to. Regular nursing home Sunday, wasn't mentally prepared for all that again and worked in yard some after. Yesterday I had my podiatry appointment then took a friend right after to her dreaded colonoscopy and stayed with her the rest of the day then drove her to get her groceries at Wally World. Told her to appreciate that cause I avoid that place lol. Been a busy weekend. Hopefully a boring day at the office for some rest.
Have a great day
Posted on: 2019/8/6 14:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
we're all sleeping in Gris...... hot here also and I get to go look at some corn fields.... yay..... I'm about ready for this one to be over.... I get kinda tired this time of the year.

Big Corvette ride got called off yesterday due to the possibility of inclement weather. Then of course the weather turned out just fine....oh well..... we will try again.

Gris it may be time for an upgrade in your Corvette stable... C5's and 6's are very reasonable right now. Just saying......

Unless you just love the C5 I'd skip that one, C6, C7 lol or the new C8 :D
Posted on: 2019/8/6 14:19

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I'm with VB. I'd go C6 or C7. Going out for dinner tonight. I'm actually ahead on our anniversary gifts. We but stuff when we find a good deal for no special reason stating this will be for your birthday, anniversary and Hanukkah combined. ;) $$$.Gonna go to town. Weather sucks and I have a couple of things I need and tags for several vehicles are due.
Posted on: 2019/8/6 16:30

Matatk Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Tommy, belated happy anniversary to you and Sue. 35 years is a long time. We have 13 coming up next month. Better start shopping now

Speaking of shopping, my new exhaust lap band clamps arrived this morning. Hoping that along with some high temp rtv will fix the minor slip joint leak I have between the resonator and mufflers.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/8/6 17:10

j3studio Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE SATURDAY MORNING OF THE GUNSHOW I SAW A LITTLE GRAY FOX DOWN BY THE BARN AS I WAS LEAVING. NOW I'M SEEING ONLY TWO COTTONTAILS DOWN THERE RATHER THAN THREE. COULD THERE BE ANY CONNECTION? THE WORLD WONDERS---

We had a fox on the property for a couple of years. He ended up eating the rabbits more quickly than they could reproduce and then starved to death.

Posted on: 2019/8/6 17:44

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Unless you just love the C5 I'd skip that one, C6, C7 lol or the new C8 :D

THE 5'S HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS, SO I HEAR, AND TO ME THE 6'S ARE BORDERLINE HOMELY. THE 7'S ARE GOOD LOKING CARS BUT ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TOO GADGET INFESTED FOR ME. MY FAVORITE RIDE IS THE '87; A SPORTS CAR SHOULD BE A LITTLE AUSTERE :-)

IF I WERE TO GET ANOTHER 'VETTE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AN '89 WITH A STICK OR A LATE ZR-1. BUT THE DIVORCE WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE---
Posted on: 2019/8/6 17:52

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I liked my 87 and I really liked my 96, should've kept it AND got the other car. The C5 to me felt like a cheaply made pos that felt like it was going to fly apart the faster I went. Mine was accessorized with custom painted interior to match the outside thus getting rid of all the black, also complete tigershark kit as well as cam and other things, and a stereo upgrade. Put all that in the one I have now and I'd be good. The GS C6 reminds me of the '96. It has the solid plant, firm feel and feels heavier and better built. I do like the looks and it still resembles a Corvette. The 7's I'm not thrilled with.
Posted on: 2019/8/6 20:54

Resized Image

j3studio Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE 5'S HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS, SO I HEAR, AND TO ME THE 6'S ARE BORDERLINE HOMELY. THE 7'S ARE GOOD LOOKING CARS BUT ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TOO GADGET INFESTED FOR ME. MY FAVORITE RIDE IS THE '87; A SPORTS CAR SHOULD BE A LITTLE AUSTERE :-)

F I WERE TO GET ANOTHER 'VETTE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AN '89 WITH A STICK OR A LATE ZR-1. BUT THE DIVORCE WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE---

I'll vouch for the late C5s. By 2002 or so, Chevrolet had engineered all the sketchiness out of the platform—we've had all of one problem that wasn't our own darn fault in sixteen years. When you do need to fix them, they're also astonishingly "maintainable" compared to any C4.

Be that as it may, I can't argue the "austere" belief—that's a preference and the reason the 1985 stays in the garage. Why not swap the 1987 for a 1994 or 1995 ZR-1?

Posted on: 2019/8/6 20:57

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

hey hey hey....what do you mean my C6 is homely??? You want homely I will show you homely...I have never been so outraged..... it's well known the C6 is the most..... er..

Sorry wrong forum.....
Posted on: 2019/8/6 22:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: WEDNESDAY SIX AUGUST
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys... another early start painting at the storage shed. Worked until about 11:30 and it was getting pretty warm. A call from a neighbor (who is out in New Mexico Mountains) for a favor, to pick up a table and chairs they bought and put it in their back garage. Got that done and then spent about an hour cleaning the roller, brushes and pans...then made a sandwich and took a short nap. Went out to the shop and worked on a couple little projects.

I understand the "austere" remark as well, but, I love my
C6...what a wonderful road car.
Posted on: 2019/8/6 23:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

We had a fox on the property for a couple of years. He ended up eating the rabbits more quickly than they could reproduce and then starved to death.

YOU SHOULD HAVE FED HIM. MY GUNSHOW BUDDY IN TULSA HAS A FOX THAT COMES AROUND, HE FEEDS HIM TABLE SCRAPS, DOGFOOD, AND THE OCCASIONAL CHICKEN WING :-)
Posted on: 2019/8/7 0:51

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE 5'S HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS, SO I HEAR, AND TO ME THE 6'S ARE BORDERLINE HOMELY. THE 7'S ARE GOOD LOOKING CARS BUT ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TOO GADGET INFESTED FOR ME. MY FAVORITE RIDE IS THE '87; A SPORTS CAR SHOULD BE A LITTLE AUSTERE :-)

F I WERE TO GET ANOTHER 'VETTE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AN '89 WITH A STICK OR A LATE ZR-1. BUT THE DIVORCE WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE---

I'll vouch for the late C5s. By 2002 or so, Chevrolet had engineered all the sketchiness out of the platform—we've had all of one problem that wasn't our own darn fault in sixteen years. When you do need to fix them, they're also astonishingly "maintainable" compared to any C4.

Be that as it may, I can't argue the "austere" belief—that's a preference and the reason the 1985 stays in the garage. Why not swap the 1987 for a 1994 or 1995 ZR-1?

OH I COULD NEVER PART WITH HARVEY---OR THE TOMATO, OR THE BUMBLEBEE. I SEEM TO HAVE PAINTED MYSELF INTO A CORVETTE CORNER :-O
Posted on: 2019/8/7 0:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.