Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 08.16.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

After midnight EST Friday Chat.

Attach file:

jpg  Raining.jpg (84.32 KB)
852_5d5632781f306.jpg 500X500 px
Posted on: 2019/8/16 4:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: 08.16.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy early morning to you, Tommy. Just got home from work so I'm sitting down for some dinner. You mentioned yesterday about the kids growing up fast. That's true. #1 is in 6th grade and #2 is in 4th. They both like their teachers so far. And yes, I agree it's early to start. But they also get out before June 1st. If it were up to me, they'd go to school year round. No kid needs 75 days off in the summer. Their brains turn to mush.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/8/16 5:07

teebee Re: 08.16.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys...humid this morning, and we are off to see my sis, about an hours drive away. I'm changing her electric service panel today.
Posted on: 2019/8/16 12:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 08.16.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Gris, don't worry about those rabbits, they breed like...well, rabbits.

TOO TRUE, I SAW TWO YOUNG LOOKING ONES IN FRONT OF THE BARN THIS MORNING :-)

IT'S SUNNY, CALM, AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, BUT IT NOT BE MILD FOR LONG---

TOOK THE TRUCK IN FOR FRONT END WORK, WORN BALL JOINTS AT ONLY 140,000 MILES. BROUGHT BRAVECAT HOME YESTERDAY, SHE COMPLAINED ALL THE WAY HOME, JUST AS SHE COMPLAINED ALL THE WAY TO THE CLINIC AND THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS THERE. THEY WERE GLAD TO SEE HER GO. SHE'S SEVERELY HYPERTHYROID SO NOW I HAVE TO PUT MED IN HER EAR TWICE A DAY. LOT OF TROUBLE FOR A DAMN CAT---

Attach file:

jpg  ImpeachmentArticles.jpg (93.75 KB)
12496_5d56adc103e3a.jpg 878X593 px
Posted on: 2019/8/16 13:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 08.16.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
LOT OF TROUBLE FOR A DAMN CAT---

What a person won't do for the love of their animals. Their care can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, just like with people. But oh, how we miss them when they're gone. The funny thing is the attachment people put on other beings. When they have passed on the creature doesn't give a shit but we load ourselves up with the lost love and grief. We do it to ourselves. WTF is that all about? Of course celebrations of life have helped remove some of the pain and substituted joy for having known someone or the other and having had them in your life. We are going to a celebration of life Sunday for a family friend, Marvin. He was 90 and his family has been coming to parties at our home through the years. I'm not loaded with grief but happy to have known the man. I was told he didn't really talk with a lot of people but he always talked with me. We had many good conversations through the years. Glad to have had him in my life.
Posted on: 2019/8/16 14:08

Ultraman Re: 08.16.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Sorry for your loss Tommy.....

More rain here also yesterday...... I don't know what is going on but our yard looks amazing for the middle of August.....

In other news..... I worked most of the evening getting the doors off my daughters Wrangler. They had never been off and were getting hard to open and shut. So I got the handy dandy fixit kit that replaces the brass bushings with Nylar bushings and could not get the damn doors loose. I had a floor jack with 4 x 4's stacked on it to press up on the bottom of the door and a special tool to bang on the stuck pins in the hinges. I had a 3 or 4 lb sledge hammer and started banging away on the hinges trying to get the doors to come loose...... finally called my buddy John to come over and help me. after much work and sweat we finally got them off but damnation what a job. We got 2 doors done and will tackle the other two later on. I feel like somebody beat me today...... the ones we fixed do work prefect now though...... easy not so peasy.......

we'll catch you on the flip flop Guru's
Posted on: 2019/8/16 16:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Here is a post written by one of my neighbors about the other.

James Eric McDonough wrote:

"When America’s Crocodile Hunter, Mark Parry, ask you to go flying around Everglades National Park jumping out of helicopters and wrestling alligators with him, there is only one proper response, heck YEAH!!!

This is somewhat in jest, as we weren’t actually planning on wrestling any alligators (at least I wasn’t anyway). But even better we were going to open up alligator nest to monitor their egg development and check for losses due to flooding.

Come to think of it wrestling alligators may be safer than rooting around in momma gators nest. What did I sign myself up for?

Thankfully, it was late in the season and their protective instincts were greatly diminished. Of the roughly dozen nests we physically checked, only twice did the momma come to check us out. Even better news, for the baby gators, only a few were flooded, and many had hatched already. Yeah for conservation!

As a safety precaution, I always made sure to keep Mr. Parry between me and the gators. My strategy here is kind of like my swimming with sharks theory, you will be OK as long as one person in the group swims slower than you. In this case it was who could run faster, which was a question I was not sure of, so I decided it would be best would give myself an advantage through a head start. LOL

Now before anyone starts thinking it is time to call FWC to report me, I was volunteering with Mr. Parry who is a biologist for the Park. We were collecting data as part of a multi-year study on habitat suitability that has great promise to be useful in other monitoring and restoration projects both inside and outside of Everglades National Park.

The study as explained to me, during refueling and lunch stops, was fascinating and gives hope for our ability to manage sensitive habitat and critical and/or endangered species for future preservation.

In short, the hydrology and topography of the Everglades, after tampering with the flow by man, leaves some places with too much water and some places with too little. Years with either excess or shortages in rainfall negatively affect alligator nesting in different areas. In dry years only the deep sloughs have enough water, but in wet years they flood. The alligator is the most important keystone species in the Everglades and creates and maintains habitat necessary for the survival of other species.

Either condition, too wet or too dry, is detrimental for the baby alligators in some parts of the Park. What is found is that spatial distribution is highly important to their continued survival. When all the alligators were concentrated only in the slough the eggs kept flooding. Now that their distribution is wider once again many of the babies survive in other places when the slough floods. Yet, by maintaining nesting in the slough some babies survive even in the dry years when those outside of the slough don’t make it.

As a lab scientist with a biology background it is always exciting to participate in field work. And I must say it was an adventure of a lifetime. My only problem is figuring out what was more adrenaline provoking flying in the chopper or getting so close to gators.

Mr. Parry is tagged in this post, and hopefully will explain the work in greater depth for our interested reads and/or provide information in the comments.

Here in Homestead we are surrounded on two sides by national Parks, Biscayne to the east and Everglades to the west. It is highly recommended that you visit these treasures, and if given the opportunity to volunteer make sure you take it.

National Parks, America’s best idea."

Attach file:

jpg  Eric 1.jpg (86.07 KB)
852_5d5700acda13a.jpg 533X960 px

jpg  Eric 2.jpg (565.69 KB)
852_5d5700d18a887.jpg 1728X972 px

jpg  Everglades 1.jpg (97.05 KB)
852_5d5700fe4b1c0.jpg 960X540 px
Posted on: 2019/8/16 19:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Eric's wife Vanessa is a marine biologist that works in Biscayne National Park. She is a diver and monitors reef habitat and various species such as the invasive lionfish, effects of runoff, and so much more. I like all my neighbors. Good people.
Posted on: 2019/8/16 19:23

Ultraman Re: 08.16.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Very Cool......
Posted on: 2019/8/16 23:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 08.16.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOT A SURPRISE E-MAIL FROM SAM THIS MORNING, WE HAVE A GUNSHOW THIS WEEKEND. I SCRAMBLED AROUND AND GOT UP THERE IN TIME TO GET SETUP. IT LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY ANEMIC SHOW, BUT WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.

THE TRUCK NO LONGER WANDERS ALL OVER THE ROAD; ON THE WAY TO TULSA THE WIND BLEW IT ALL OVER THE ROAD :-)

MED REPORTS ON SON SOUND OMINOUS.
Posted on: 2019/8/17 2:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 08.16.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Well, that was a pretty good day. We got to sis's house about 7:30 (she's on mountain time, MT is just 15 miles west of us). Before I called the power company to turn off the electricity, I did some of the preliminary stuff. Cut a big chunk od sheetrock out, above and below the existing panel. Had to cut part of a stud out as the old panel was 2" narrower than the new one. Luckily it was a 2 x 8 (old house and a cast iron drain vent precipitated the thicker wall) and I just cut back 3 1/2" (about 1/2 the stud width) was able to mount the new panel and start connecting the wires up. 3 hours and 50 minutes after getting to her house I made the call to turn the power back on. When they did, everything was good...."Thank you Lord". Stopped to eat a little something. Then patched the sheetrock back in and taped it. She had a couple other little jobs she wanted me to do....no problem. Then I started chasing the circuits that were not marked so we would have some idea which breakers controlled what....spent almost 3 hours on that.

Headed home and by the time I had the truck unloaded it was nearly 8pm (central time). I really feel good about the work I got done today.....I'm tired, but satisfied.

Maybe one of the reasons I don't have pets, I'm afraid I'd get way too attached to them. I do with the kids pets (now, we wouldn't let them have pets when they were living here)

Wasn't quite as hot today....good thing. Low 90s for highs, but light breezes made it bearable.

Neat story, Tommy. Marcus, the things we do for our kids. Looks like you're going to have to fight it again another day.

Good night folks.
Posted on: 2019/8/17 2:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.