Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 8-20-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/8/20 12:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

j3studio Re: 8-20-2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Started to pack for Carlisle last night and made all our dinner reservations. Now there's a long list of things to do on both Wednesday evening and Thursday morning.

Posted on: 2019/8/20 12:53

teebee Re: 8-20-2019
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Was sleeping real good when the darned alarm went off. Didn't really want to get up, but, I didn't want to make the bed myself.....

It a warm start to what is going to prove to be a HOT day. They took away the high heat warnings for us. Still going to be low to mid 100s, but our humidity levels are not supposed to reach really high. Middle, eastern parts of the state is supposed to reach levels of up to 112.

I worked on computers for most of the day yesterday. I also got some work done out in the shop, before it got too hot. I'll try to do the same today.

I heard that Marcus's SIL has a fighting chance anyway, keep prayers coming. Prayers still headed your way as well, Gris.

Have as good of a day as you can possibly have guys.
Posted on: 2019/8/20 12:56

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Have a good time, John....I know that I don't need to say this, but, PICTURES! We need pictures.
Posted on: 2019/8/20 12:59

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 8-20-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S A TWO RABBIT MORNING AM GRISHEIM, THESE REPLACEMENT BUNNYS ARE A LOT MORE SKITTISH THAN THEIR PREDECESSORS, MAYBE THAT'S WHY THEY ARE STILL HERE :-)

STICKY, STICKY, STICKY, THE HUMIDITY IS AWFUL, THE CHEROKEES LONG FOR FALL. NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY BUT A TRIP TO WALLY WORLD. DARLING WIFE IS IN ARKANSAS, JUST ME AND THE OTHER ANIMALS AT HOME. I'M NOT GOING OVER TILL I SHAKE THIS HEAD COLD.

AND IN THE "NEWS":
TO PARAPHRASE AN OLD ARMY SAYING, PLAUSIBILITY AMONG DEMOCRATS IS LIKE VIRTUE AMONG WHORES.

Attach file:

jpg  CHIEDEN.jpg (55.25 KB)
12496_5d5bf5bd9dad0.jpg 391X480 px
Posted on: 2019/8/20 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 8-20-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yes the sister in law was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and breast cancer.... both of which seem to be effectively treated....and the treatment starts today.... appreciate the thoughts and prayers.....

Hot here today so I am going to get out early and beat the heat.... stay cool Guru's.......
Posted on: 2019/8/20 13:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: 8-20-2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Have a good time, John....I know that I don't need to say this, but, PICTURES! We need pictures.

Not to worry—bringing the serious camera and the big lens.

Posted on: 2019/8/20 14:29

vetteblondie Re: 8-20-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning,
Marcus, very sorry to hear of your SIL and sending prayers for speedy healing and recovery.
Gris, very sorry to hear of your son as well, no words. I can't imagine what you must feel. Prayers for comfort, understanding and all that God can provide for you and your family.
Hot and sticky here again today, in the office today at least it's air conditioned. Had a flustering stressy weekend with one 'customer' waiting till the last minute and bothering everyone over the weekend, including Sunday while I was trying to be at the nursing home. She is back at the facility after her hospital episode, however she still has mental challenges, as in, not knowing certain details, or where she is, and argues with you. I try not to argue and let her go on but she tries to force it. Very mentally exhausting and haven't had an entire half day to myself without stress and I had a four day weekend to relax. Never got to. The 'customer' ended up having the competitor do the small job even though I took my time to come to the office and do what he needed. Install was the issue. We have a few large jobs in process at the college here graphics and window film for a building there - so staff was maxed. He waitted till the last mintue to want a decal on his truck - literally small taters compared to thousands we were already in the middle of. Plus owner here (also doing installs) is trying to get his son packed to move to Harvard this week so we're trying to get all done we can before he's gone all week. I'd love to be retired and not worry with any of it. I'm just a grunt here.
Posted on: 2019/8/20 14:44

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-20-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Went for my stress test yesterday. The nurse practician and assistant said to me they wouldn't call it a stress test if there wasn't any stress. I told them "Thanks for torturing me." They took some pics of my heart as well with some die running through my veins. Get the results next week at my doctors visit. I'm thinking he'll just keep me on meds for now but we'll see. I'll do what has to be done.

Booked a one week cruise to Alaska out of Seattle next May. Alaska is one of out favorite states. Spend the day before in Seattle by Pikes Market. Walk, shop and eat. Next day up the inside passage to Skagway , Ketchikan, Juneau and the last night in Victoria Canada. The scenery is beautiful even from the ship. We got a balcony so we can enjoy the views. Of course we got a great deal. Saving about $2k off standard rates. Got a good price on flights as well since we book so early. I'll get the hotel for the one night in Seattle later. Seattle hotels $$$.
Posted on: 2019/8/20 15:43
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2019/8/20 17:46:04

vetteblondie Re: 8-20-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Still no vaca for us, although the bf has instructed me to find us a Key West trip since he's never been. We'll see how long he's serious.
Posted on: 2019/8/20 21:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

A little more work done in the shop and more computer work. Air temp made it up to 105, luckily for us, the humidity levels were relatively low. Not quite as hot tomorrow, low 90s is what they are saying for tomorrow.

Posted on: 2019/8/21 3:36

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.