Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (188 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SBC
This stands for Small Block Chevrolet. The engine debuted in 1955 and remained largely unchanged until 1986. The initials are still used today to d...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 16.X.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

HI Y'ALL--
Posted on: 2019/10/16 13:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 16.X.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY DAY COMING UP. THEY SAY IT'S 41 IN TAHLEQUAH, MY KITCHEN THERMOMETER SAYS 49, IT'S ALWAYS A LITTLE COLDER THERE, BUT 8 DEGREES SEEMS A LITTLE MUCH.

RESTOCKED CAT FOOD AND GOT MOST OF THE LUMBER FOR THE NEW DOGHOUSE YESTERDAY, I CAN GET STARTED ON CONSTRUCTION TODAY.
I'LL HAVE TO REARRANGE THE BARN TO HAVE ROOM TO WORK.
Posted on: 2019/10/16 13:20

vetteblondie Re: 16.X.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Sunny and a crisp 49 here this morning, temps up to 65 I think due later in the day. Slept with the doors open last night, very nice and restful, just not enough sleep. As usual.
Trying to get desing completed or mostly for this truck today, I have today and tomorrow. The guy showed up yesterday to give me some direction as we don't have time for several views to 'pick from'. You get 15 hours into something and have to redo it, you miss a deadline. I like to get pretty close the first time around.
Y'all have a great one!
Posted on: 2019/10/16 13:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 16.X.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Feeling the impact of age on my ACHING BACK. Sciatica is shooting pain down my back and legs. Of course being one that doesn't have the luxury of just sitting around watching the world go by, I will jump in the hot shower, apply a generous application of Bengay and prepare to get busy with a pressure washer. I'm avoiding some of the more strenuous tasks on the "to do" list like running the weed wacker, cutting seed pods off the palms and pulling weeds. The cars and Suburban could use a bath and vacuuming as well. That can wait. Have a good day everyone and remember, if you don't do it it won't get done. ;)

Oh ya. Sue's mom was released from rehab yesterday. Not that she is rehabbed. She just bitched so much about going home the staff finally just relented. Sue's mom and dad are in heavy denial about her failing health. Even Sue was in denial until recently. Sue always blames her mother for being lazy. I understand completely. I injured my back over 40 years ago. Because I try not to complain and still do a number of strenuous tasks Sue just assumes I'm still a Superman. At least she isn't calling me as much as she used to. Probably because I told her on my next birthday I'm retiring retiring. I'm trying to get in all the heavy lifting before then.
Posted on: 2019/10/16 14:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Slept with the doors open last night, very nice and restful, just not enough sleep. As usual.

LOL If I want a good night's sleep I sleep with the doors and windows closed and locked and my pistol nearby.
Posted on: 2019/10/16 14:11

vetteblondie Re: 16.X.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

lmao, we do too, usually. Still had the pistol on each side of the bed however.
I worry for your sciatica pain - What do your xrays show?
Posted on: 2019/10/16 14:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 16.X.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Well yesterday turned out to be a long strange day. After attending meetings in Lincoln in the morning I decided I should go up and sit with my ailing sister in law who was at the Buffet Cancer center. She has lung cancer. I am glad that I did.

When I got there she was awake and responsive and then would doze for a bit. They were giving her oxygen but her lungs were down to very little ability to function. Other family members were present also. Her husband and her sister and niece and my wife's sister also. We chatted through the hours as she struggled for breath. At about 5 pm she said she was hungry and they had her favorite pie Lemon Meringue. So she was fed some of that and enjoyed it. A priest came in and had prayers and anointed her. Then at 6:15 she reached up and took off the oxygen device and asked to be unhooked from the machines. Her husband talked with her and she said she was tired and ready to go. As approved by Aunt Deb and the family they then gave her some meds that allowed her to sleep as her body slowly just stopped working over the next 15 to 20 minutes. Even then she fought to the very end.

Can't say enough good about the RN's and staff at that facility. They were absolutely right on about how they handled everything. They go through this every day and handle it like the pro's they are explaining every transition and what was to happen next. Not in clinical terms but terms the families can understand.

From the time Aunt Deb finally went to the Doctor until now, was 2 months and at the end she weighed maybe 80 lbs. She was 61, She fought every day, never gave up, and went out on her own terms. I look forward to seeing her again on the other side. I would ask you all, if you would, to raise a glass and give a prayer wishing her Godspeed.

Enjoy your day Guru's........ I am going to enjoy mine...
Posted on: 2019/10/16 18:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
lmao, we do too, usually. Still had the pistol on each side of the bed however.
I worry for your sciatica pain - What do your xrays show?

The ones from 20 years ago? I stopped chasing it when all they would do is send me to physical therapy. I want to be pain free just living like I'm living and not having to go to pt. My last x-rays and the x rays before that and the x-rays before that all showed osteoarthritis. I treat it with ibuprofen and Bengay. Used to be just ibuprofen but I am finding the Bengay helps plus I smell like menthol(fading scent)
Posted on: 2019/10/16 21:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Well yesterday turned out to be a long strange day. After attending meetings in Lincoln in the morning I decided I should go up and sit with my ailing sister in law who was at the Buffet Cancer center. She has lung cancer. I am glad that I did.

When I got there she was awake and responsive and then would doze for a bit. They were giving her oxygen but her lungs were down to very little ability to function. Other family members were present also. Her husband and her sister and niece and my wife's sister also. We chatted through the hours as she struggled for breath. At about 5 pm she said she was hungry and they had her favorite pie Lemon Meringue. So she was fed some of that and enjoyed it. A priest came in and had prayers and anointed her. Then at 6:15 she reached up and took off the oxygen device and asked to be unhooked from the machines. Her husband talked with her and she said she was tired and ready to go. As approved by Aunt Deb and the family they then gave her some meds that allowed her to sleep as her body slowly just stopped working over the next 15 to 20 minutes. Even then she fought to the very end.

Can't say enough good about the RN's and staff at that facility. They were absolutely right on about how they handled everything. They go through this every day and handle it like the pro's they are explaining every transition and what was to happen next. Not in clinical terms but terms the families can understand.

From the time Aunt Deb finally went to the Doctor until now, was 2 months and at the end she weighed maybe 80 lbs. She was 61, She fought every day, never gave up, and went out on her own terms. I look forward to seeing her again on the other side. I would ask you all, if you would, to raise a glass and give a prayer wishing her Godspeed.

Enjoy your day Guru's........ I am going to enjoy mine...

Sad story but one I can understand. Unfortunately one day I will have a first hand account if that's the course my life takes. One prayer I do say for the departed is that God welcomes them and shows them the way home. Amen.
Posted on: 2019/10/16 21:17

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Feeling the impact of age on my ACHING BACK.

+1---OVERDID IT ON THE DOGHOUSE; HOPE I CAN GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING :-0
Posted on: 2019/10/17 0:37

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

GOD BLESS AUNT DEB.
GLAD YOU COULD BE THERE FOR HER, MARCUS.
Posted on: 2019/10/17 0:41

teebee Re: 16.X.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys....First off, RIP Aunt Deb. A prayer has been offered.

We had a chilly start to the day, 29 when we got around, but a south breeze brought warm temps,and it made it up to 78.....very comfortable.

I got quite a bit done in the shop today. The local Pheasants Forever rep called last week to ask me if I could build a custom rifle display case for the special 20th anniversary (of the local chapter) Marlin 336 they are having engraved that will be the crown jewel of the auction next month. So I worked on that today, got it mostly done. I'm very pleased with result.

We aren't getting any younger, and those little (and big) aches and pains just don't go away and the use of medicinal helpers is a way of life, so it seems. Tommy and Gris, you both need to take it easy. Letty has already been doing that with her trips to the land of Sunshine.

Got to hit the bed, another tough day tomorrow.
Posted on: 2019/10/17 2:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.