Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 10-22-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I just realized this is the only 10-22-19 I will see in my lifetime. Best I use it well. Good guruing.
Posted on: 2019/10/22 13:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Oct 22, 19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Good morning...
Posted on: 2019/10/22 13:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 10-22-19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

G'mawnin.
Yawn.
Not much sleep. I reckon I need to just go on and get up when Arron does. His alarm is an hour and a half earlier than mine. By the time he does all his mess it's too late to go back to sleep. Recurrent disturbances are taking a toll.
The "SEMA" Truck is for a local business, NEA Hydraulic - who are building the truck. It was originally white pearl/metallic with electric blue and chrome accents. The "dad" at the last absoute minute wants a "medieval" theme to the truck. No way jives with white and blue so I had to try and come up with something that would work. And they wanted their paint to show through. Not possible, a wrap totally covers, can print on clear but don't show up that well or can print on a white metallic and where the wrap is white the native material would show through. Much more expensive. So total cover it is. The 'son' is aggravated at 'dad' and me and my owner are in the middle. It has me stressed. I can't do "sema" level desigining in three days. Plus, what good is a design if it's all gonna be covered with logos? Anywho, here's a sample
I know it doesn't look like a lot has been done but: sky is two diff photos with other lightning overlaid, castle scene blended in to the two skies, knight head had to be made then blended and shaded with part of it with translucent white, battle scene is two separate ones, shield had to be made and then logos added and made to apear embossed so they'd not take over the truck, there's a sheild on the hood with the knight head embossed, three other logos had to have a chrome effect then 3D zoom, etc. huge PITA on such short notice

Attach file:

jpg  NEA DS with template.jpg (683.03 KB)
619_5daf0cf380c0e.jpg 1080X415 px

jpg  NEA Truck hood.jpg (704.99 KB)
619_5daf0d1dcea88.jpg 720X527 px
Posted on: 2019/10/22 14:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 10-22-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

VB .... It's only SEMA, right?
Posted on: 2019/10/22 15:29

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Merged tee.
Posted on: 2019/10/22 15:32

Ultraman Re: 10-22-19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah that's a lot of work in a real short time frame...... do your best and forget the rest.......

Nice here today so its back to work for me..... having a hard time getting going though...... second cup of coffee better kick in soon....

Have a brilliant day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/10/22 15:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

"only" sema, lol.
I'd much rather had the proper time. And, came in on my off day yesterday to get approvals and tweak and then they want all kinds of changes. Deposit has been paid already. Truck can't be brought here on top of it all so all I have is a generic template. I need to take my template to them to get some meaurements TODAY as in NOW and no one from there will respond to me. Printing will start this afternoon, lamination tomorrow and on-site install Thursday. I will not be here Thursday. This is totally not worth what they've paid for the PITA of it all.
Posted on: 2019/10/22 15:42

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Thinking of VB's reply yesterday about the 90* temp. As much as I dislike high heat I dislike cold weather more. Rather sweat than get goose bumps and chills any day. Today marks a new chapter in my life. I took my first disbursement from my personal retirement savings account and will take one a year over the next 10 years (or hand the balance over to Sue upon my expiration). Fixing the 90 Corvette and a few other tasks with the money. Need a little extra to maintain all the toys. The 928 may see a little shop time soon as well. Been saving the funds as a rainy day fund but decided I should let it sprinkle a little.
Posted on: 2019/10/22 15:45

teebee Re: 10-22-19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Ok, been working on the estimate, trying to finalize the costs of the project. Now that I have the costs figured, I need to get back out to the shop and get some things done out there.

Funny, the last two days of working on the design/estimate, in my basement office with the TV playing, I've found a channel, on "Pluto TV", that is 'The Addams Family' channel. Oh, how I enjoy watching that old TV series.

Sunny out, light breezes and cool, low 50s now, only headed to upper 60s.
Posted on: 2019/10/22 16:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I'm with Tommy, I'd rather sweat that freeze to death. Cold weather makes me stay indoors and not get stuff done. Depression sets in
Posted on: 2019/10/22 16:07

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 10-22-19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

MADE IT OUT TO THE RANGE THIS MORNING WITH MY SWEET LITTLE SAKO .222 MAG. HAD THE PLACE TO MYSELF, IT WAS GREAT. GOT MY SHOOTING DONE BEFORE THE WIND GOT UP.

TRIED OUT FOUR DIFFERENT 55 GRAIN BULLET LOADS WITH TWO DIFFERENT POWDERS AND BULLETS. GOT ONE GOOD ONE, ABOUT 1/4 TO 1/2 INCH GROUPS. (AS THIS IS A LIGHT WEIGHT BARREL WITH A FULL LENGTH STOCK, I ONLY DID THREE SHOT GROUPS) 25 GRAINS OF IMR 4895 AND A 55 GRAIN NOSLER FOR A PAPER VELOCITY OF 3216 FPS. NO BARN-BURNER, BUT HIGH VELOCITY IS MEANINGLESS IF THE BULLET WHISTLES PAST THE TARGET

MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIASCO WITH THE LOOSE SCOPE MOUNTS--- IT'S NICE WHEN THINGS GO RIGHT. I CELEBRATED WITH A NAPUS ORDINARIUS.

I USED TO HATE COLD WEATHER, THEN I GOT OLD AND FAT. IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME MUCH ANYMORE :-)
Posted on: 2019/10/22 20:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.