Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
251 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Daylight Savings Time! Jk. I hate it. What a waste and all it does is mess up my internal clock.

Halloween was fun for the kids. It was about 30* with snow on the ground. They managed about an hour before they got too cold which is longer than I expected. After that we took them to the movies. It was a nice evening.

Friday night the wife and I went to a large wine/beer testing (no, the kids did not come). She's not a big drinker but got to taste a few new wines. I got to sample some stuff from breweries I wasn't familiar with. It was a nice time.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Posted on: 2019/11/3 6:25

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, LOOKS LIKE WE'LL HAVE A PRETTY DAY.

DARLING WIFE AND I WILL HEAD OVER TO OKLAHOMA CITY FOR BABY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY. THE BABY IS 36 :-0

ONLY A WHITE MAN WOULD TEAR A STRIP OFF THE TOP OF A BLANKET, SEW IT TO THE BOTTOM AND CLAIM THE BLANKET IS LONGER.
CHEROKEE ELDER
Posted on: 2019/11/3 13:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

It may mess with my clock but the dogs are on daylight time..... they are getting me up at 0 dark 30 and around here its all about the dogs.......

Don....from yesterday's chat..... We dropped Direct TV after 20 some years with them...even all the way back to when they were PrimeStar and had the bigger dish in the back yard. We went with the Roku set up on all our TV's..... mainly because we can get them cheap at Wal-Mart. I did get the 4K set up for the new Samsung big screen.

I like it way better then the Sat TV and its like half the cost and we get anything we want to watch even the local channels..... We have Netflix and Prime and CBS all Access.....all without any ads.... We also have Hulu live and now I see for a few bucks more I can get Hulu live without any ads also..... I hate ads..... Haystack TV for the local news and weather..... but get most of that off my iPhone these days. My problem is there is too many good things to watch all the time....so I have to make sure I'm not Binge watching all the time......

as long as you have good internet its the only way to go.........

Not much going on today other that finishing the stuff I started yesterday.......

Huskers lost again....but that is not news.....

Keep the shiny side up Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/11/3 14:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

94BlueToy Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Thank you both for the comments. We have slow DSL (7mbps)from the same supplier that provided the cable. They are the only choice in town. We even have to maintain a land line in order to get the internet.

I am only streaming Netflix which works okay most of the time.

I had DTV 20+ years ago but dropped it about 15 years ago due to cost in favor of the local cable.

I was thinking of using the Firestik because of ease of installation. Doesn't the ROKU make you set up an account with them in order to use? Otherwise, I have no personal preference. I don't think I want to get into AppleTv even though I use an iPhone.

Don
Posted on: 2019/11/3 14:47

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....Don, FireTV makes you set up an account with Amazon....if you don't have one, and you have to put a CC on file to download the apps, even if the apps are free.

My body clock got me up at normal time, even though it was an hour early....now I'm thinking a nap is in order. Clear and cold this morning, but it is supposed to rebound into the mid to upper 60s.

Rosie and I will head over to the storage shed today and start pulling the siding off and hopefully start installing the new cement fiber stuff. Just a review, in case anyone missed it....I acquired the property which my storage shed (a 16 x 24 garage) sits, from my daughter when she sold the house on the adjacent lot. I went to my insurance agent to add liability insurance on the property and some coverage on the building, but they won't cover it at all, because the possibility of the siding being asbestos based. Sad thing is, it is the original siding and the building is, at least 60 years old, and is in near perfect shape, surviving huge hail storms and everything else that mother-nature has thrown at it.....I don't want to replace it, but in today's world, I don't dare go without liability insurance, at the minimum. The guy that runs the county landfill isn't convinced that it is asbestos and is willing to take it there, so I can at least have a place to go with it.

Got to go, have a great day!
Posted on: 2019/11/3 15:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

94BlueToy Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Thanks for the info. I do have an account with Amazon with cc on file. I'll probably go that way.
Posted on: 2019/11/3 16:06

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Whoa there Tee..... I never heard that the insurance companies won't insure because of maybe it's asbestos siding..... are all the insurance companies doing that? It's not like its a school or a church where folks gather....... weird...... that's a lot of work..... if my back wasn't sore I would come down and help you......
Posted on: 2019/11/3 19:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

TB - Instead of guessing, did they give you the option of sending a sample to a lab to be tested? That would make more sense. Besides, if it is asbestos based you shouldn't be removing it yourself anyway.
Posted on: 2019/11/3 22:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Why not get the liabilty and self insure your building. Why pay someone else for costs that would probably be covered by your payments? Is it far away from you? You could alarm it and send the calls to yourself. If the alarm goes off you bring a BFG ....

Went to a memorial service today for our friend Wendy. Sues friend since childhood. Died at 61 of complications from ovarian cancer. Busy week coming up. Getting dark around 06:00 PM now.
Posted on: 2019/11/3 23:42

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 11.03.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

I'd never heard that either, Marcus, until now. My agent tried 6 different companies, all the same result. Matt, I figure, if I'm going to get cancer from asbestos, then the things I did as a kid (lots of brake jobs as a teenager) have already done me in. Tommy, they won't even issue the liability insurance....The shed is across town, not a big town, but probably a half to five eighths mile from the house.

I have one of the 24' sides done, today....the south side.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Tomorrow, the plan is to do the North side.
Posted on: 2019/11/4 3:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.