Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sat Chat 11.16.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Cold here in Chicago as is to be expected in the winter months. Should be slightly warmer today with the sun out and I have some Xmas lights to hang on the gutters. As Brad would say, "oh joy, sofa king fun."

I think about Brad and Bill pretty regularly. Strange to say that since they were two gentlemen I never met in person. But it's amazing how you can form connections with people thousands of miles apart. We do have a little Guru family here.

Took the kids to see a movie Friday night. Playing With Fire starring John Cena. A few funny parts but it was pretty bad. The kids enjoyed it. Definitely a kids movie and not too many redeeming qualities.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/11/16 5:42

vetteblondie Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I may not be here as often as most as things sometimes get in the way of life and fun but do like the little group here and it’s one of my homes, and place to feel connected. I haven’t met any of you but still feel closer to some of y’all than I do some I see regularly.
Hope everyone has a good weekend start. Supposed to be sunny here, ain’t yet too early. I’m up waiting on a pain pill to start working. I had no idea this would be so painful.
Tee I missed the FB post I reckon, will go look.
Matt, stay warm and when you’re done with lights there, I have a job for ya here lol
Posted on: 2019/11/16 12:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

CLEAR AND NOT SO COLD IN THE NATIONS, GONNA GET UP TO ABOUT 60 ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER WIZARDS.

SINCE THE WEATHER IS NICE, I'LL DO SOME STUFF IN THE YARD TODAY, AND OF COURSE GO SEE THE "BIG BOY". DARLING WIFE WANTS TO GO ALSO. THAT'S SOMEWHAT SURPRISING. MAY MAKE A PASS THRU THE FLEA MARKET ALSO.

I MISS B & B ALSO; THEY ADDED A LOT TO OUR CONCLAVE. THIS IS A FINE GROUP, INDEED. ONE OF US SHOULD WIN THE LOTTERY AND HOLD A NATIONAL CONVENTION, ALL EXPENSES PAID :-)
Posted on: 2019/11/16 13:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

When I talk about something you folks mentioned I refer you as friends. I have a friend that lives in (insert your location here). We have an unusual bond for a chat group. Maybe it's because of our small numbers or how deeply we have come to know each other over the years. It's alright. I understand if some of you say there's a guy I know that lives in South Florida. ;) I too think of Bill and Brad often. It was like I wanted to tell Brad something last night when the voice in my head said "Brad is no longer with us." Or when I would throw something into a conversation that I knew BillH would just have to chime in on. lol It's amazing. The spirit of a guru will live on in our hearts and memories. Somebody give me a hanky.
Posted on: 2019/11/16 14:34

GRIS Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

WELL, THAT WAS A BIG BOY SURE 'NUFF. DON'T REMEMBER WHEN I LAST SAW A LIVE STEAM LOCOMOTIVE. IT BROUGHT BACK A LOT OF MEMORIES.

IT WAS PULLING A STRING OF EMPTY CARS AND ABOUT THREE BACK WAS A MODERN DIESEL/ELECTRIC JOB. WHAT IT'S ROLE WAS I KNOW NOT. A SPARE?
Posted on: 2019/11/16 18:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Huskers got upset ........ again....... we are 4 wins and I lost track of the losses......... I have lost all hope...... not really...... we can still get to a bowl game with 2 more wins......and we have only 2 more games..... nuts....

Headed to the big chair now.....
Posted on: 2019/11/16 22:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Been in my big chair all day. Ready to be out
Posted on: 2019/11/16 23:04

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys....Another busy day for me. Trying to ramrod a project where I am dealing with 'Mom and Dad' and 8 kids, 4 of whom are in the construction trades, can be quite daunting at times. 'Mom and Dad' tell me "You know what needs to be done...do it. And do it your way. We trust you and your decisions." And then I report to the rest of the kids, to let them know what I'm doing and why. They really are a great family to work with and I feel like I'm just one of the family.... trying to keep peace among the tribe. Kind of where we started....
Resized Image
Where we are headed.
Resized Image
Finishing up the island
Resized Image

Was a very chilly start to the day, but warmed up nicely, 67 was the high, light breezes made it very comfortable.

More work at the house tomorrow, trying to get as much done as possible as I will be fabricating counter tops next and installing the doors and drawer fronts.
Posted on: 2019/11/17 1:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: Sat Chat 11.16.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Oh, I refer to all of you as friends, when I speak of things you post. I'm hoping that I get the chance to meet you all some day.
Posted on: 2019/11/17 4:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.