Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
171 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 11.25.2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/11/25 14:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone 11-25-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.
Posted on: 2019/11/25 14:26

teebee Re: 11.25.2019
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Slept in an extra hgour this morning...might have slept longer but I could hear to two GDs playing with the dog. it's crisp outside, 40 now, and headed to mid 50s, so they say. I'm going to use the nice day to fab the counter tops.

They guy who was going to help me, the son of the couple we are doing this for, and former student, called yesterday and is concerned about getting here tomorrow, as winter storm is supposed to hit them harder than us. So I told him that I would get some help around here to get them done. Today is going to be better than tomorrow, so I'll go crazy today finishing up the fab work. I actually started yesterday afternoon and worked into the evening.

Rosie has started decorating for Xmas. The GDs are helping her.

Have a great Monday, folks.
Posted on: 2019/11/25 14:34

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 11-25-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Schatzie, the older, bigger, alpha, took offense at the Yorkie sniffing around where a bone had previously been and picked up the Yorkie by the head. I had all the bones in my hand and was returning to the front door when she grabbed him. I hoisted her up by her collar and told her "Drop it". She did but the damage was done. The Yorkie had a gash on the top of his head. Off to the emergency vet at 09:00 PM. 4 hours later and $915 lighter we returned home. The dog will survive. Several sutures and a couple of drains repaired the damage. Now it's healing time. Guess we are going to have to re-home the Yorkie. He's a little guy with big balls. Not really a good combination with a Rottie/Shepard mix. I don't want him to end up dead so we'll try to match him with a good, new, potential owner. We have had Diesel about 3 years now. He is family but we'll have to do what's best for him.

In California in a village where they use some electric powered patrol cars, two police officers were giving chase when the battery powered police vehicle came to a stop. Apparently someone forgot to plug in the vehicle after the end of the previous shift. The suspects escaped. No one has been charged. .... (true story) Hopefully the crime wasn't a battery.
Posted on: 2019/11/25 14:44

TommyT-Bone Re: 11-25-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Oh ya. Sue goes for eyelid surgery this afternoon so now I'll have 2 patients.
Posted on: 2019/11/25 15:34

j3studio Re: 11.25.2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good afternoon, all.

Sounds like you are even busier than usual, Tom.

In other news, I'm thinking seriously of selling the 1985—just not driving it enough.

Posted on: 2019/11/25 20:43

vetteblondie Re: 11.25.2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

So sorry the little one was hurt, but must do what's best for the one that's been there the longest. Territorial.
Bless it's heart, hope you find a good home. I'd take it if I were closer. Our Lab (14) has separation anxiety since we had to put her littermate down last year. She could use a companion.
Best wishes for Sue as well for her surgery. I'd love to get my eyelids done but everytime I cosider it, something else wants money.
Beautiful out today, 64 and sunny I'm told. I'm at work today, first day back, been pretty uneventful so far, hope it stays that way the rest of the week.
Except I broke another right shoe. (boot on left). I have a few pairs of flip flops that have a higher heel that equal the boot so it's easier to walk. Had a slight misstep today and snapped another flip flop. Will be spending an evening with F26 fixing them all this week.
Have a great rest of the day
Posted on: 2019/11/25 20:43

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 11.25.2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Hope the surgery goes well, Tommy.
Posted on: 2019/11/25 23:40

TommyT-Bone Re: 11.25.2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

[Rant on]
Wow. Between the vet bill and the surgery co-pay. OUCH! I'll tell you one thing. Our insurance is nowhere near as good as it used to be. It's comparable to Blue Cross Blue Shield and we have the high option plan. They question almost every radiology test requested. Deny the necessity of a surgical procedure. Sue has to fight them at every turn as being medically necessary. Bunch of Bullshit. I have Government Employees Health Association Inc. The health they look out for is there own financial bottom line. They have contracted out multiple services and now switched administrators from Aetna to United Health Care. Health care insurance today is a major pain in the ass. [Rant off]

We now continue with our regularly scheduled program.
Posted on: 2019/11/26 1:07

teebee Re: 11.25.2019
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

With a little help from my friends (and my #3 GS)I got the countertops fabbed and the kitchen ones installed today. Tomorrow I'll do the bathroom one. It's under-mount as well and will need to set for a while before I move it around tomorrow. I'll spend some time cleaning the shop, tools and putting stuff away. Then, in the afternoon, GS#3 will help me move it over, carry it in and install it.

Along with the two GDs we are sitting with their dog as well, A Boston Terrier. #2 ahd the girls, and the dog, come over to her house Sunday while Rosie and I went to the meeting. Almost immediately, one of her dogs started a fight with their dog. They separated them and brought the one back here to the house...this morning, she barely can walk, her front leg is swelled up and she is crying. So, Rosie calls the vet and takes her out to find nothing wrong, but gives her a shot and some pills for the pain. Our bill was quite a bit cheaper than Tommys', but we don't even have a dog and it seems every time they bring her out for us to watch, something happens to her, and we have to take her out to the vet.

I hope the surgery went well, Tommy. Health insurance is a freaking scam. Letty, you need to let me in on how you fix flip-flops, Rosie buys and wears some higher priced ones and when they break...it breaks my pocketbook. John....yes I have been a bit busier, trying to finish up my part.
Posted on: 2019/11/26 3:17

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.