Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
181 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 27.XI.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2019/11/27 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 27.XI.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

THE SUN IS MAKING A BRIEF APPEARANCE IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING AFTER A VERY WINDY NIGHT AND BEFORE ANOTHER MINI-MONSOON.

IN THE NEWS: ONE OF THE PERFUMED PRINCES OF THE PENTAGON HAS BEEN REMINDED WHAT THE TERM "COMMANDER IN CHIEF" MEANS.
LOVE IT! KINDA LIKE HARRY AND MAC :-)

MY SIG ASP20 ARRIVED, QUITE A PIECE BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND PROPER PELLETS FOR IT LOCALLY. ORDERED SOME ON LINE. THIS IS MY FIRST VENTURE INTO BIG TIME AIR-RIFLES.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial ... 0-air-rifle-part-2/367503

DW IS BAKING PIES TODAY, WE GO TO FAYETTEVILLE TOMORROW. IT'S MY FIRST TRIP OVER THERE SINCE SON'S FUNERAL.

THE BUMBLEBEE HAS BIG-TIME BREAK PROBLEMS, I'LL GET IT IN TO THE WRENCHMEISTER MONDAY. ALWAYS SOME DAMN THING-
Posted on: 2019/11/27 13:51

j3studio Re: 27.XI.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

The University officially closes at 2:00 PM today, but it's felt dead all week. I'm working from home today—avoiding what AAA thinks will be the second busiest Thanksgiving travel day ever.

I sent my for sale entry for the 1985 to the NCRS Driveline yesterday. It'll go live around January 15th. I'll post the entry in C4 Classified ads today.

Posted on: 2019/11/27 14:08

teebee Re: 27.XI.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... Quite chilly this morning, 12 right now and clear, which might explain the cold temps.There is some snow on the ground, not much, but some white .

I'm treading water today, waiting for the plumber....NOT ME, I think I've told you guys once before that I hate f#@king plumbing.

I think I will, probably, start on prepping the turkey for tomorrow. Marinating it with a dry rub. Then tomorrow, low and slow.

Later guys......
Posted on: 2019/11/27 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I'm treading water today, waiting for the plumber....NOT ME, I think I've told you guys once before that I hate f#@king plumbing.

I would likely list that as one of the top five things I know about you.

Posted on: 2019/11/27 14:13

vetteblondie Re: 27.XI.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

^^^^ Right!
Best wishes for Sue's eye surgery recovery. Blood coming out of there would freak me right straight out.
Sunny here today finally but about 15 degrees cooler I guess from the rain. Headed home tonight to get the cooking started. Making a cranberry salad with berries, pineapple, nuts, etc, then my mammaw's cheesecake, some lil smokies with maple crown and bbq beans in a vintage crock, and my swiss/parmesan cheese bread.
Hopefully I can get some cleaning of the house worked in there as well and get the three cast iron skillets cleaned and reseasoned. Reaper will be in the next town over trying to assemble a frame-swapped GMC truck. I helped some Sunday but frame horns were bent and nothing would fit.
Have a great pre-turkey day!
Posted on: 2019/11/27 16:01

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 27.XI.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I dropped Sue off at the nursery for a couple of hours . She's meeting with someone who she donated the use of some plants at there booth in an upcoming show. It's a non profit org so that is basically her donation. Sue is not the best patient. She is an exercise in patience. My patience.
Posted on: 2019/11/27 16:28

CorvetteBob Re: 27.XI.19
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I’m with you guys.
Today marks my 121st day with my current employer. That means I’ve surpassed “probation,” and I’m now a union man. I’ve been putting in a ton of hours to try and pull as much as I can out of every check. Lotsa weekends.
Ok, that’s enough of my bragging, I hope you all have a GREAT THANKSGIVING, and let’s keep it safe, too.
And one other thing, I wanna let you guys know that I consider it to be one of my blessings to be a part of this crowd.
Posted on: 2019/11/27 16:32

Ultraman Re: 27.XI.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Atta boy Bob..... good job! I am still stunned that John is going to part with his 85....... it has left me confused and somewhat sad..... how can this be? I keep asking myself...... Why? Why? is the other thing I find myself thinking...... then it hit me....... they need room to put that C8 in and the C4 got the ax........ no that I can understand....

Nice BB gun Gris but won't hold a candle to my 1938 Daisy Red Ryder.... 350 ft/sec....... classic.......

Half the front rain gutter has fallen down and the other half is still up.....so my wife expects me to go fix it before it rains for 2 days..... I'm like...... Really?....... nuts.......

Have a day of merriment Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/11/27 17:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Atta boy Bob..... good job! I am still stunned that John is going to part with his 85....... it has left me confused and somewhat sad..... how can this be? I keep asking myself...... Why? Why? is the other thing I find myself thinking...... then it hit me....... they need room to put that C8 in and the C4 got the ax........ no that I can understand....

Nice BB gun Gris but won't hold a candle to my 1938 Daisy Red Ryder.... 350 ft/sec....... classic.......

Half the front rain gutter has fallen down and the other half is still up.....so my wife expects me to go fix it before it rains for 2 days..... I'm like...... Really?....... nuts.......

I want a C8 too.
When faced with chores like your gutters, I usually tell my wife that,” I’ve looked at them, but trying to rehang them properly so they don’t fall again, and I’m going to go to Home Depot to look at my options.”
That should get you at least a couple days.
Posted on: 2019/11/27 17:46

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

that sounds ok till you have a woman like me at home who will go to Home Depot and buy your 'options' and have them waiting on you so you can fix it while I finish my laundry, dinner cooking, landscaping work and other household chores lmao
Posted on: 2019/11/27 17:49

Resized Image

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
that sounds ok till you have a woman like me at home who will go to Home Depot and buy your 'options' and have them waiting on you so you can fix it while I finish my laundry, dinner cooking, landscaping work and other household chores lmao

Posted on: 2019/11/27 18:02

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I am still stunned that John is going to part with his 85 … it has left me confused and somewhat sad … how can this be? I keep asking myself … Why? Why? is the other thing I find myself thinking … then it hit me … they need room to put that C8 in and the C4 got the ax … now that I can understand …

There's something to the freeing up space thought, but the biggest issue is that I'm not driving the 1985. It just sits there on the battery tender.

Posted on: 2019/11/27 18:12

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah....I get that but then it becomes part of your "collection" which over the years will include a car from all the Generations of Corvettes........ am I right? I'm sure I am.......
Posted on: 2019/11/27 19:33

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I want a C8 too.
When faced with chores like your gutters, I usually tell my wife that,” I’ve looked at them, but trying to rehang them properly so they don’t fall again, and I’m going to go to Home Depot to look at my options.”
That should get you at least a couple days.

Excellent idea.....and the nearest HD is 50 miles away so that should buy me more time..... the only thing is the gutter is hanging right down in the dinning room window were we will all be looking at it while eating Thanksgiving dinner...... and I have been told that will not be happening........
Posted on: 2019/11/27 19:40

GRIS Re: 27.XI.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Attach file:

jpg  GOODWIFE.jpg (27.18 KB)
12496_5dded7f3ec474.jpg 480X558 px
Posted on: 2019/11/27 20:09

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

HAR! Just get both and make him all around happy!
Posted on: 2019/11/27 22:04

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.