Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
229 user(s) are online (200 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Duesday Chat 12.17.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

HOWDY!
Posted on: 2019/12/17 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Painting today. Landscape job was rescheduled in Miami Beach so I can stay home. . A couple of days of painting left. Should finish the walls today then I can do the floor tomorrow. Then I just need to do some trim work and a topcoat of paint on the outside wall. The bathroom will be pretty well done. I still have to address the spiral staircase but that will be next year. ;) Still have a mountain of prep around the house and yard to do before the Hanamas party. No reason to be bored. The New Year's cruise will be a welcome diversion.
Posted on: 2019/12/17 12:57

GRIS Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLOUDY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, THEY SAY IT WILL CLEAR OFF; THE CHEROKEES HOPE SO.

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
GRIS wrote: PATTON IS MUCH OVERRATED.

Not having the correct tanks always bothered me.

ABSOLUTELY!
TO QUOTE MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR FROM HIGHSCHOOL DAYS: "AN 88 WOULD GO THRU A SHERMAN LIKE A .45 THROUGH A WET PAPER SACK" AND THE GUN WAS NEXT TO USELESS AGAINST THE BEST GERMAN TANKS.

WE COULD HAVE GONE ASHORE IN NORMANDY WITH A TANK COMPARABLE TO THE PANTHER AND TIGER. THAT WE DID NOT IS LARGELY THE FAULT OF GEORGE PATTON. THE ONLY ALLIED TANK WITH ENOUGH GUN POWER AT NORMANDY WAS THE BRITISH "FIREFLY" WITH A 17 POUNDER. WE NEVER RAN OUT OF TANKS BUT WE NEARLY RAN OUT OF TANKERS.

GEORGIE WAS A MEDIA DARLING WHO MADE HIS NAME AGAINST WEAK OPPOSITION. THAT SAID, HE WAS THE ONLY US GENERAL WHO COULD RUN A PURSUIT.
Posted on: 2019/12/17 13:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...Cold here this morning, 11 when I got up, 13 now, but headed to the mid 40s they say.

I've got nothing on the agenda today, except go to the schools today and deliver checks to the Special Ed classes that are proceeds from the KofC Tootsie Roll drive back in October.

I got a tracking number from FedEx on my CNC part, won't be delivered until Thursday....I may not get it hp and running until after Christmas.

I hope, all of you, have a wonderful day.
Posted on: 2019/12/17 14:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14729 Posts

Sunny and cold here today...... I am in the office doing officy things...... I am enjoying the day..... got most my Christmas shopping done yesterday on Amazon....all will be delivered by Christmas according to them..... saves me a lot of time and fuel......

keep your head above water Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/12/17 16:53

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Howdy, hope everybody's day and last few have went well. The Missouri folk arrived Friday afternoon and it's been go, go go every since till about 3:30 yesterday. They wanted to get out, have breakfast "out" and go to town to visit a couple of our friends here. Of course, naturally it was pouring rain, dreary, gray cold and just ugly. We were froze, wet and tired. They dropped me off, we loaded them up and off they went to the next stop for a couple days then home. We had a great time and I miss them a lot. Found out one of the 'friends' had passed and I didn't know, didn't see the obit. Went looking and it wasn't published in local paper. I knew him from working at the body shop but that was it. Sad tho. anyway, sun has poked out today and it's warming up, supposed to be really nice this weekend. I plan to catch up on my sleep and get my house back under control. Sounds like you all have had plenty to keep you busy.
Posted on: 2019/12/17 22:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Of course .... right before the party Sue brings a backhoe into the front yard to dig a hole. She already decided she wants to go to a funeral at 01:30. I want NOTHING to do with this project. I already have a full plate. The guy who is going to install the base and set up for the fountain starts telling me a list of things he needs. I told him. Talk to Sue. I want nothing to do with it. She was in the shower when her brother was digging the hole. I marked where the irrigation was but nobody was there to tell him. Hope he didn't dig it up. If she even tries to talk to me about it .... La, la, la, la, la, la, I can't hear you. La, la, la, la, la.
Posted on: 2019/12/17 23:39

teebee Re: Duesday Chat 12.17.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Delivered the checks, took propaganda pictures for the paper and wrote an article, then submitted it all to the local paper.

Then, while I was out in the shop, the Red Cross calls me, and gives me the sales pitch about donating blood (I'm a 9+ gallon donor), and I tell them, I'm planning on donating tomorrow at the blood drive..... but he tells me the drive is TODAY ....not sure where I got off thinking it was tomorrow. So I go up to do my donation, and head back home. Getting close to 10 gallons.
Posted on: 2019/12/18 3:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.