Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

bogus Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Wow. 2020 is already 10 days old. It will be driving soon.

I have a major bit of news... I was laid off from my job on Tuesday.

I will be making a similar post on FB later today...

I did get a nice severance... so it's not all bad. Unemployment and all that rot.

All will be ok. Just taking a few days to clear my head and start the job search.

Posted on: 2020/1/10 7:53

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Andy, with unemployment being at a low and high demand for workers I hope you are able to find a position that satisfies your wants, needs and income requirements. Your background and employment history can only be an asset.

Worked on the boat all day yesterday. Lots of electrical stuff didn't work so I troubleshot a number of them and many of them working again. The bow light, temp gauge and fuel gauge need further attention. Siphoned off the water and bad fuel from the bottom of the tank. Changed the water separator/filter. Battery didn't seem to have enough oomph so I went and bought a new one. The old battery tested OK but drew down too quickly. It was 3 years old. Went to start the boat and the starter was hanging up. Hit the pinion with some penetrating oil and lubricant. It improved but still sticking a little. Got the boat started and the engine sounded pretty good. Steering was stiff so I attacked the critical with more penetrating oil and lubricant. Oiled up all the locks, cables, cable, rollers and hitch. If I could get the temp and fuel gauges working and starter pinion moving freely I'b be happy. It's almost a running boat again
Posted on: 2020/1/10 13:45

GRIS Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

BUMMER ANDY---HOPE YOU FIND A BETTER JOB THAN YOU HAD.

IT'S CLOUDY, COOL, AND DRIPPY AT THE MOMENT. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST FOR TODAY IS LIVELY:

Thunderstorms are expected to become widespread across the region by this afternoon with a line of thunderstorms eventually forming near the cold front and moving through the region late this afternoon and evening. Severe weather is expected with the thunderstorms with the potential for 70 mph wind gusts, a few tornadoes, and large hail to the size of quarters.

SOUNDS LIKE SPRING :-0

DARLING WIFE OFF TO TULSA FOR ROOT CANAL THIS MORNING; LOOKS LIKE A TWO NAP DAY FOR ME.
Posted on: 2020/1/10 14:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Ya Andy..... a man with your skill set won't be without work for long... good luck in your search....

Weather change here also but looks like snow is in the forecast and definitely colder. We have had an easy winter so far so its about time the other shoe drops.....

Keep the Hammer down Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/1/10 14:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

DaleD Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

That stinks to get laid off. I'm at the other end of the career journey, I want to get laid off with a severance, and they won't do it.

Good luck Andy.
Posted on: 2020/1/10 14:43

teebee Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Sorry About the job Andy, but, it may be a blessing in disguise. I hope your search is neither hard nor long.

Actually warmer this morning than it has been (28), but it's not supposed to warm up much, 31 now...32 predicted high. Calling for snow to start here anytime now and saying 2-4".

I'm in the shop working on a few things.

Ran up to school to pick up a piece of lumber for a client, and the guy that replaced me (friend and KoC member), asked me about the other shop teacher (whom I worked with for 34 years). His house burned the Friday before Christmas and he got notice that it has been considered a total loss. He's moved to a rental awaiting whatever the insurance is going to do. He doesn't have much in the way of extra cash and not sure how he is going to proceed. Anyhow, my replacement came up with an idea where maybe we can donate our time to do the framing/enclosing/whatever we can do to build him a new house. Looks like I've got my pro-bono project for this year. The plan includes using a high school construction class for some of the labor with He, I and some other local professionals as leaders/teachers.

OK, got to get back out to the shop.
Posted on: 2020/1/10 19:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Freaky Friday 10 January 2020
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Sorry for the loss Andy. I’ve been there too many times. I’ve got to the point where I see it as another door about to open. Still, there is the initial shock and the wondering if “I’d done something wrong.” But focus on the task and you’ll come out on top! Meanwhile, have a little fun!
Posted on: 2020/1/11 10:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.