Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My goodness. 1/24 of the year is gone already.
Posted on: 2020/1/15 13:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Another crazy day in the life of Tommy-T-Bone. One of the pigs had a bad wound on her neck so we called in a vet. Vet was supposed to come around 11:00 AM but did get there at 03:00 in the afternoon. Tough to find a vet that will come to the house AND work on a pig. Knocked the pig out. (Catching them is always fun so they can give them the anesthetic.) Had to give her a second shot because she wasn't completely out. He then inspected the wound and declared it a tumor. Not much to do to treat her as it would involve procedures that would involve human like surgery at an uninsured expense. $$$$. The pig was out for a couple hours then started to come to. She was kicking and flailing all over the pen but couldn't get on her feet. This went on and off for about an hour. She finally rolled onto her belly but couldn't stand up. Awhile later she got up but walked like a drunken sailor. Around this time the second pig started pounding on the pen gate trying to get in. After a little while we thought we would let the second pig in. Thought it just wanted to go to her shelter and go to sleep. Nope. It starts slamming and head butting the pig that was still half whitted. Pig screaming ensued as she tried to get away from the aggressor and she injured her nose on the chain link fence trying to get away. After a couple minutes we got them separated again.This time the big girl was in the pen and the other pig was in the back yard. She wobbled to a tree they normally lay under in the yard and plopped down. We monitored her over the next couple of hours before we went to bed. This morning she is lying against the house still obviously groggy from the anesthetic. Today she can get some food and water and I'll try to get things to return to normal. This is yet another typical example of why I am never bored. ;)
Posted on: 2020/1/15 13:27

j3studio Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Another crazy day in the life of Tommy-T-Bone. One of the pigs had a bad wound on her neck so we called in a vet. Vet was supposed to come around 11:00 AM but did get there at 03:00 in the afternoon. Tough to find a vet that will come to the house AND work on a pig. Knocked the pig out. (Catching them is always fun so they can give them the anesthetic.) Had to give her a second shot because she wasn't completely out. He then inspected the wound and declared it a tumor. Not much to do to treat her as it would involve procedures that would involve human like surgery at an uninsured expense. $$$$. The pig was out for a couple hours then started to come to. She was kicking and flailing all over the pen but couldn't get on her feet. This went on and off for about an hour. She finally rolled onto her belly but couldn't stand up. Awhile later she got up but walked like a drunken sailor. Around this time the second pig started pounding on the pen gate trying to get in. After a little while we thought we would let the second pig in. Thought it just wanted to go to her shelter and go to sleep. Nope. It starts slamming and head butting the pig that was still half whitted. Pig screaming ensued as she tried to get away from the aggressor and she injured her nose on the chain link fence trying to get away. After a couple minutes we got them separated again.This time the big girl was in the pen and the other pig was in the back yard. She wobbled to a tree they normally lay under in the yard and plopped down. We monitored her over the next couple of hours before we went to bed. This morning she is lying against the house still obviously groggy from the anesthetic. Today she can get some food and water and I'll try to get things to return to normal. This is yet another typical example of why I am never bored. ;)

Lordy …

Posted on: 2020/1/15 14:07

j3studio Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Returned from CES on Saturday night with a vicious cold, which I've been fighting ever since. Currently pedal to the medal to get the presentation on CES that I do every year done in time.

Posted on: 2020/1/15 14:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

tee, what was your final decision on Medicare? Parts A & B along with your private health care insurance? Marcus? GRIS what was the final outcome of the Medicare debacle you went through?
Posted on: 2020/1/15 14:21

teebee Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....Cool this morning and headed to the upper 40s to low 50s.

Bob, you are correct, class 0f 73. Tommy, I don't have to do anything yet as I am covered under Rosies' insurance until she retires. Our Medicare guy is supposed to come by this month and we will get things squared away. But he has a plan that we qualify for that make the premiums set for life. Apparently not all qualify for the policy.

I have a massage scheduled for noon today... a reward for my work this past weekend.

I hope all of you have a great day.
Posted on: 2020/1/15 14:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I have a massage scheduled for noon today... a reward for my work this past weekend.

Attach file:

png  happy ending.png (305.10 KB)
852_5e1f31625947a.png 547X400 px
Posted on: 2020/1/15 15:36

Ultraman Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

wow.....a massage....... that sounds nice.......

Even though you are on a private insurance you still must sign up with Medicare at 65....you get 3 months before your birthday and 3 months after your birthday month. I did not do that because I did not know that and was and still am on my wife's health insurance plan.

At 66 I took Social Security and they automatically enroll you at that time if you are not already signed up. That is what I did not know is that it was automatic...... I'm more of a stick shift guy........

So the next question is when you going to take SS?

I'm having a great day today and I hope you will also Guru's.....
Posted on: 2020/1/15 15:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Tommy..... the pig story....... made me laugh....... just saying....
Posted on: 2020/1/15 15:39

GRIS Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

tee, what was your final decision on Medicare? Parts A & B along with your private health care insurance? Marcus? GRIS what was the final outcome of the Medicare debacle you went through?

WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR PART B THEY MADE ME PAY RETROACTIVELY FROM THE BEGINNING OF MEDICARE. IT SEEMS YOU CAN'T EVADE IT.

WILL THAT TUMOR SPOIL THE BACON?

WAS A DRIPPY, GLOOMY MORNING BUT NOW HAS TURNED OFF SEMI-NICE, MILD AND A LITTLE BREEZY. WENT OVER TO TAHLEAQUAH EARLY FOR A HAIR CUT AND GOT THE BUMBLEBEE DIRTY FROM THE WET ROAD. BUMMER.

GOING OVER TO OKMULGEE THIS EVENING FOR #3 GRANDDAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY. DW SENT HER A CARD W/ A CHECK; I GOT SOME FLOWERS FOR HER. WOULDN'T DO FOR GRANDPA TO ARRIVE EMPTY HANDED :-)
Posted on: 2020/1/15 16:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Tommy..... the pig story....... made me laugh....... just saying....

But wait .... There's more ...... This morning I was working out in the yard. Next thing I know the big pig had head butted her way out of the fence gate and resumed the chasing and biting the groggy pig. I was working on making a mud pit so they could roll around to protect their sensitive skin as it was recommended by the vet. I had an occasionally muddy area in the yard so I did it there. I had a soft rake nearby so I chased the big one away with the rake. It did it a couple more times then went back into the pen area. I had been working on the gate already so I locked her back in.

Like I don't have enough to do already.

I'm not getting any SS money. I never bothered to qualify because I have a government pension and they offset your pension when you qualify for SS. I'll keep my private insurance and sign up for A & B . I have prescription drug coverage through them. Sue is younger than I so I have to keep it so we are both covered but supposedly they will give me a partial rebate because I will be on Medicare. We'll see.

Posted on: 2020/1/15 18:08

GRIS Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm not getting any SS money. I never bothered to qualify because I have a government pension and they offset your pension when you qualify for SS.

YOU MIGHT GET A FEW $$$---I HAD SS COMING FROM ARMY & CIVILIAN JOBS AND THE MAGNANIMOUS GOVERNMENT ONLY STOLE HALF OF IT ON ACCOUNT OF MY CIVIL SERVICE RETIREMENT :-|
Posted on: 2020/1/15 18:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oh we're signed up...we have our medicare cards already. No I'm not taking SS until I reach full retirement age, March 2021.
Posted on: 2020/1/15 19:52

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I see the way they do retirees/older peeps as very unfair. My cousin in the nursing home is on medicaid and STILL has to shell out 187/mo for a 'supplement policy'. Medicaid supposedly pays all her room and board but she only gets $40/mo of her own money no matter what she has coming in. I write monthly checks to the home for just over a thousand. Ripoff from hell.
Just make sure whatever you get y'all get the policy that covers places like nursing homes and such.
Foggy again this morning but that cleared and gave way to just dreary. Warm though, 68 which has all of us afraid a tornado will drop out any moment.
My boss' kid is a Freshman at Harvard. He just emailed me to do a project for him. Seriously? I think I'll investigate gettin myself into there if they can do that crap and get by with it.
Posted on: 2020/1/15 23:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Whensday Chat 01.15.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Gris,
I called the Ohio (OSHIIP) Senior Health Insurance and Information Program and they told me Since I’m working I won’t need tlook at parts B-D until I’m off the work insurance.
Posted on: 2020/1/16 1:35

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, the massage was good....not what Tommy was thinking, but good. Not much else got done. I straightened out the storage room in the basement and cleaned out a cabinet in the shop. Watching Barrett Jackson this evening.
Posted on: 2020/1/16 1:40

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Yea, Part A is auto....the rest when we are no longer covered under another plan.
Posted on: 2020/1/16 1:41

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Tommy those pigs .... those pigs....... hmmmm.......

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/ima ... Ahb4dNUt2tZPMyAZ6ICt6Jw&s

Posted on: 2020/1/16 2:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.