Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 7 JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WAKE UP, GURUS---
Posted on: 2020/6/7 13:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 7 JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, WARM, AND STICKY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING.
INDOOR CHURCH IS REOPENING TODAY, DARLING WIFE STRESSING OVER WHAT COLOR MASK TO WEAR.

LETTY, LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO GET RAINED ON AGAIN. BUT IT'S TROPICAL RAIN :-)

Posted on: 2020/6/7 13:43

TommyT-Bone Re: 7 JUNE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Cristobal effects Central and North Florida with tropical rains. Hell, we can't get ALL the storms. Have to share the weather. We've been dog sitting a little puppy for the past month. She's about 15 months old. German Shepard and Lab mix. Has a little vision issue but a darling none the less. I've been playing and caring for her. Falling in love with the little girl. A family is coming to look at her today. Schatzie, the older Sheppard mix is a beast with other dogs so the little one can't stay. We are a two dog house now. Schatzie and Snoopy. Molly, the pup, we are just fostering and trying to find a home with the right kind of people. We had to give Diesel to my ex-SIL because he wouldn't leave Schatzie alone and kept getting tore up. I enjoy having the puppy around but it's in her best interest to re-home her. Going to do a few nursery related chores later today. Have to seal some exterior lights on the box truck and put some waterproofing on the top on the box seams to keep water out. Paint a sign backing and tend to the nursery pond. What day is it? Just another day in paradise.
Posted on: 2020/6/7 14:04

teebee Re: 7 JUNE
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys... was MIA yesterday. Friday afternoon the plan was we were going to get dirt to finish loading the raised planting beds on Saturday morning, as the guy with the soil was going to have a skid steer, and I was going to get a trailer, then we were going to go to KC Sunday morning to see the kids/grands there....Well, about 5:30 the guy calls and says, “I’m going to have a loader in about an hour...” so that meant I had to hustle around and get the trailer to go move dirt in a hurry. Actually it ended up being ok, as we had #2, #3GS and SIL to help. Rosie and I neither one had to do much shoveling. Finished filling the 7 remaining beds in 45 minutes, when it took us almost 4 hours to do the first 4. On our way home, Rosie says, since we got that done tonight, we can leave for KC in the morning....

So once home, we got things packed up and ready to go. Rosie was up at 6:30 and rummaging around (quietly....not) and by 8am we were on the road. Rosie says “At some point, while we are there, I want to go out to Nebraska Furniture Mart and look at La-Z-Boys”. She said, when she retired, she wanted new ones for us. We had been looking, on-line at some they had for the last month, we found one she liked, but didn’t want to commit until she sat in them. Well, the one she liked sold out. And Friday night, after packing, she was looking and again they showed the one she liked, but said “out of stock” expected delivery 6/10. I told her we might have to stay until Thursday to get them then..... Two stops and 6 1\2 hours later we were here in KC.

We unloaded stuff at #3s house. They were getting ready to go out to the lake for the evening, so Rosie and I decided to go see #1 family. I said, while we are out here (#3 lives about a mile from NFM) let’s go look at the La-Z-Boys. So we go out there and she looks at and sits in at least 20 different ones and says, I like those (the one we had been looking at) best. Ok, we get a salesman’s attention, and tell him we’d like to reserve two of these ... you are getting some in on Wednesday, right? “Well,” he says, “we have 10 in stock right now”. Well, let’s get them paid for and out of here. Not so simple, well, the paying part was, the “out of here” not so much. We had to go out and drive to the loading area to pick them up. When we drive around there must be 100+ vehicles in the “que”. Surprisingly it was a relatively quick process, about 20 minutes. Came back to #3s house and unloaded the chairs and headed over to see #1s family...got to see all but one GD, who was off with friends. Spent the evening with them and came back to #3s, where we are staying this time. They weren’t back, and I was beat, so I went to bed about 10:30. Not sure when Rosie came to bed as I was out like a light. Slept until 9 this morning.

I do have 4 Fluorescent light fixtures to convert to LEDs and put up in their basement, so may do that this afternoon.

Sorry for the novel....

I do hope all of you have a great weekend.
Posted on: 2020/6/7 17:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 7 JUNE
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

We go to NFM in Omaha to buy furniture..... Also have been in the KC store.... big dang stores.....

Got out early to mow to beat the blast furnace that is continuing to blow out of the south..... 95 again today with lots of humids and 30 mph wind..... its hot...

am in for the day now...... got some movies to watch..... Greyhound with Tom Hanks is one of them...... WWII flick...

Got a guy coming over on Wednesday to help me open up an outer wall to put in a new garage bay for my Corvette. It will be in the same building as my shop and office is now and it will be in the south part of my office of which I do not need all that space since I am not conducting business out of there much anymore..... should be able to get everything inside I'm hoping...... more on that later...

Been riding the little Honda a bit..... starts right up and goes.... the engine internals have not been touched since it was built in 64 in Japan..... runs good and sounds good....

Have a cool day Guru's...
Posted on: 2020/6/7 18:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: 7 JUNE
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Sorry for the novel …

I like the novel!

Posted on: 2020/6/7 20:09

TommyT-Bone Re: 7 JUNE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Novels happen. Marcus is a man with a plan. Glad the bike is popping.

The puppy has a new home. A nice Indian family (India) stopped in. They have two kids 12 and 9 and the mom and pop are in the medical profession. He works at the VA. The kids both like the dog and that's who the parents got it for. So the kids could experience a family dog. They have been wanting one. We are on call if they have any questions. we gave them a bag of dog food, a small bag of treats, some dog toys and a leash. The dog has already had two sets of vaccines/shots and has one more shot to go this week. As long as the pup has a good home I'm good. We spoil our animals so I'm always concerned for their welfare. People tell us all the time "When I come back I want to come back as one of your animals." If Sue doesn't bring them home there won't be any new pets. I have some dog biscuits in my van in case I come across a hungry stray. People that dump pets are assholes. Aw-oh. I'm starting a novella. lol
Posted on: 2020/6/7 22:24

GRIS Re: 7 JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
People that dump pets are assholes.

ABSOLUTELY. MY BLUE TIC "SWEETHEART" WAS A DUMPED DOG. A MORE LOVING ANIMAL WOULD BE HEARD TO FIND. ONLY A UTTER ASSHOLE WOULD DUMP A DOG LIKE THAT.
Posted on: 2020/6/7 22:46

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I got all the fixtures converted, out in the garage... by the time I got them done I was drenched in sweat. Then moved downstairs and nearly froze while hanging them. Only got two put up, maybe I’ll do another yet today.... maybe not.
Posted on: 2020/6/7 22:54

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Yea, I got the last one put up.
Posted on: 2020/6/8 3:03

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.