Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 15.VI.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn because I was taking too long to place my order.

“Take the high road,” I thought to myself. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with a kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too.

Now she has to go back to the end of the line start all over.

Don't honk your horn at old people!!!
Posted on: 2020/6/15 11:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: 15.VI.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

That's funny...... got up and started the sprinklers going early while the wind is not as bad..... going to be another hot one with the wind blowing right outa the south....

The guys will be here to open up the wall for the new garage bay today.... I better get ready also....

Nice find Matt..... you are going to have to open a few walls also to get all your cars inside when you are older... your bride may not be all that happy with a car in the dinning room......

to infinity and beyond Guru's.......
Posted on: 2020/6/15 12:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 15.VI.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SNAZZY CAR, MATT!

ANOTHER PRETTY MORNING IN THE NATIONS, WE'RE SCURRYING AROUND TO GET READY FOR THE TRIP TO WESTERN OKLAHOMA. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AT ALL.

BABY DAUGHTER AND SIL GOT A VERY NICE PRICE FOR THEIR OLD HOME IN OKC :-)

ALLONS, GURUS---
Posted on: 2020/6/15 12:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 15.VI.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

"Seize the day." .... I don't quite have the strength to be seizing anything. "Grab it by the horns." .... No way. It would be too easy for me to be impaled. "First come, first served." .... Not an issue with me. I got up at 08:00 so I'll be in line with the rest of the late risers. "Nothing ventured, noting gained. .... Nothing lost either.

I've had a printer issue the past couple of days. I've tried hours and hours of troubleshooting. Disconnecting, updating driver, going to the manufacturer web site, looking through Windows Q&A's. Even had my son come by and look at it and he has a BS in computer science. When I run troubleshoot it says that printer is operating properly. If only the printer knew.
Posted on: 2020/6/15 12:56

j3studio Re: 15.VI.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Just flat out beautiful in the Philadelphia area. I know this will end soon …

Gris, you always get me with those stories.

Matt, your new ride is sharp—Ivelis and I have always loved that Ram Air hood:

Posted on: 2020/6/15 13:37

teebee Re: 15.VI.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys... Low 70s now headed toward the century mark they say. Didn't quite make it yesterday, 99. Nice part is we get the wind with the heat, so it feels like a blast furnace.

A few things to do in the shop today. Like Tommy, though, I didn't get up 'til after 8, and am not really motivated now that I am up.

Tommy, sometimes it's just as well to dump the printer and get a new one. Been there, done that.
Posted on: 2020/6/15 14:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 15.VI.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, sometimes it's just as well to dump the printer and get a new one. Been there, done that.

I deleted the printer and did a fresh install with new driver and Windows showed me some love. I have two full sets of ink carts plus the ones hat are in there. So I was trying not to lose money on that too. All is well in the print department once again. Windows 10 did a big update could have been that or I was trying to transfer a file to pdf. That could have thrown things out of wack as well. You never know with software. One day something works and all of a sudden it doesn't. Glad I got it back. The printer is a Brother MFC-885CW. It has really been a great machine. I'm not a geek but I'm not afraid to try and fix stuff either. The new printer is a last resort. I'm sure the time will come though.
Posted on: 2020/6/15 18:16

j3studio Re: 15.VI.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote

I deleted the printer and did a fresh install with new driver and Windows showed me some love. I have two full sets of ink carts plus the ones hat are in there. So I was trying not to lose money on that too. All is well in the print department once again. Windows 10 did a big update could have been that or I was trying to transfer a file to pdf. That could have thrown things out of wack as well. You never know with software. One day something works and all of a sudden it doesn't. Glad I got it back. The printer is a Brother MFC-885CW. It has really been a great machine. I'm not a geek but I'm not afraid to try and fix stuff either. The new printer is a last resort. I'm sure the time will come though.

Tom, two things:

1) If the update was to Windows 10 version 2004, that's been causing USB issues for a reasonable amount of folks

2) I completely hear you on the investment in printer cartridges

—glad you got it fixed.

Posted on: 2020/6/15 20:09

teebee Re: 15.VI.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Freaking Win 10 updates can f#@k up things for sure. I've been running around fixing lots of things from the latest updates....no printer issue like you experienced, but lots of other issue.

Glad you got it fixed without much problem.
Posted on: 2020/6/16 1:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.