Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
186 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 6/26/2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2020/6/26 12:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 6/26/2020
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Up and around. It's reasonably cool, 70 now, but headed toward the century mark. The wind isn't supposed to blow quite as hard today. The last three nights we have been getting a little rain. About 1 1/2" to 2" total, but a little hail came along with the rain. Another round possible tonight. We like it, but I'm sure the farmers aren't thrilled, as it puts a damper on harvest.

Tearing off the south side this morning, then start applying the new siding. I doubt we will finish today, but we'll see how it goes.

I hope all of you folks can stay cool and dry today.

Posted on: 2020/6/26 12:43

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 6/26/2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OVERCAST AND MILD IN THE NATIONS, 76 DEGREES AND 86% HUMIDITY. NOT A GOOD START :-(

FINISHED MOWING YESTERDAY. I THINK I HAVE FINALLY ELIMINATED THE BIRD FEEDER BANDITS, BODY COUNT OF SIX. TIME TO CLEAN GUNS, I HOPE.

BIG DAUGHTER COMING OVER TODAY, SHE MAY VACCINATE THE ANIMALS, NOT SURE THEY ARE DUE---
Posted on: 2020/6/26 13:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 6/26/2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Overcast here today too, cooler, still a tad humid but nothing like the last couple days.
Busier than a one legged man in a tail kicking contest at work, and am here on my normal day off. have a food trailer to do. They wanted to pick it up today but didn't drop off till Saturday and I don't come in till Tuesday. They knew all this so it wasn't humanly possible anyway. They left how they wanted it, I sent it then they totally changed it. I've had two anxiety attacks this week. Jeeez.
New barber shop here, also rush order on a ton of wall graphics, graffiti style prints and what not. Picked up today, left me $60 tip. Perhaps that'll make the day start off better.
Hope everyone else has a good Friday -
Posted on: 2020/6/26 14:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 6/26/2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I'm receiving more honey-do calls than I care to receive. I have a Miami delivery that will take me at least 3 hours round trip. Mid day. Fun, fun, fun. That middle of the day stuff just kills production at home. Sue might have to spend tonight in the hospital for surgery tomorrow on her wound. It's looking a little angry. Doc wants to clean it up and send some tissue off to the lab. Been a lousy year for medical crap. Surgeries in Dec.(eye) Jan (eye and foot) and May (foot). Covid is surging again in South Florida. More crap. Overall just looking to put 2020 in the history books. Too much to do and far too little me time. Selfish. Right?
Posted on: 2020/6/26 15:55

CorvetteBob Re: 6/26/2020
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Not too selfish Tommy. We all need some time for decompression.
Had to go get a trailer this morning. The oldest is moving out. She’s an Art teacher and here locally, the jobs are getting harder to find and keep. She’s got a position near my wife’s childhood home and it’s too far to commute, so out she goes! It’s bittersweet at best. It’s obviously time for her to be out, but we’ll certainly miss her. So, my weekend events are already planned.
Earlier this week I was deep in the doldrums. Sorry to have unloaded that stuff here.
Have a great one everyone!
Posted on: 2020/6/26 16:21

TommyT-Bone Re: 6/26/2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The solar salesman called me and told me the power company decertified my system. Has little to do with us other than we have a ton of money already paid out on it. The power company is going to wrangle with my contractor. I'm putting out just about everything I use. Worst thing that can happen is I'll end up off grid completely. I'll let the power company put that in their pipe and smoke it. Then I'll be all batteries all the time. If I have to do that the contractor will have little choice other than sell me the batteries at cost plus labor. We shall see how the cookie crumbles.
Posted on: 2020/6/26 23:58

GRIS Re: 6/26/2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I'm sure the farmers aren't thrilled, as it puts a damper on harvest.

TEE, MY #3 GRANDSON IS UP THERE SOMEWHERE IN YOUR AREA WORKING HARVEST.

TOMMY, SURE HOPE SUE GETS BETTER SOON AND OUT OF THE MEDICAL CLUTCHES.

#1 DAUGHTER CANE OVER, BROUGHT THE LITTLE GRANDDAUGHTERS (#'S 3 & 4) GOT ALL THE ANIMALS' SHOTS UP TO DATE AND HAD A NICE VISIT. SOUNDS LIKE THE KIDS' SCHOOL WILL OPEN UP PRETTY MUCH NORMALLY. THEY WILL BE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, WHAT EVER THAT IS.
Posted on: 2020/6/27 0:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 6/26/2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

That would be Junior High School Grisman........ Thinking I should pack up my Springfield Armory Saint and a suitable sidearm and go protect a few statues this weekend..... call it citizenship......

I am so ready for the weekend..... got tons of stuff to do to get ready to bring the Corvette into its new bay...... lots of cleaning up and it will just get more dirty because there will be some sheetrock dust when they do the finish stuff.....

Keep the faith my bruthas and sistas.....
Posted on: 2020/6/27 0:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, we got the siding torn off in an hour, then moved the scaffolging so we could begin reapplying. We were getting ready to put the housewrap on when our other young helper (freshman in high school and neighbor of the owner) was kind of screwing around and knocked a trim board over. I had my head down prepping for the wrap, and I heard the owner ask my grandson "...are you alright?" And saw the trim board hit the ground, I looked up and blood is gushing from my GSs' head. I jumped up to look at his head and see a BIG gash in his forehead. I grab his head and start squeezing and applying pressure. Talking to him, asking if his head hurt....telling him it was OK but it was going to require a stitch or two. About that time his face turned white as a sheet and I knew he was going down. With my other hand, and the help of the owner, we eased him to the ground. Within a few seconds, he was back with us and the owner had run to the house and grabbed some paper towels. We got him set up and hewas pretty good so I helped him to the pickup and we got him up to the Dr. office. Rosie and daighter were there about the same time we got there and they took him in to get his head stitched up. 3 stitches and doc said it was pretty deep as he could see the skull.

The funny part is 58 minutes later, daughter dropped him back off at the jobsite and he worked with us until noon, then came back in the afternoon with me and finished up the day. I believe most kids...and many young adults would have taken advantage of the situation and gone home calling it a day. He is a trooper.

BTW, we'll finish up the siding job on Monday
Posted on: 2020/6/27 0:48

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oh, when I got back from leaving him off at the docs office, the owner (a retired gas company guy), jokingly said, "You know Tom, you didn't follow the blood=borne pathogen protocol." I said, "Yea, I know, every time I watched those, it just reaffirmed my believe that those people have never been in a 'real' emergency situation. I just reacted and put my first aid training into effect."
Posted on: 2020/6/27 0:55

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 6/26/2020
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Scored a new set of screwdrivers from the SO Truck today. Fancy.

SO?

Snap-on
Posted on: 2020/6/27 1:25

Matatk Re: 6/26/2020
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Been doing a lot of yard work the past week. Yesterday cut down a large lilac bush and had to dig out the root ball located in a difficult spot. This morning trimmed the trees at mom's house. This evening picked landscaping rocks and moved them from along the driveway to another spot in front of the house. More to do tomorrow.

Tommy - good luck with the power company.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2020/6/27 1:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.