Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 07.15.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.
Posted on: 2020/7/15 12:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 07.15.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Over half the year gone which is great news for a South Floridian. Closer to a vaccine which I will welcome. I don't like taking vaccines. I haven't had a flu shot in I don't know how many years. Haven't taken the shingles or pneumonia vaccines. I want to but seem to avoid them. My overall health is OK. I actually look pretty good for my age compared to some. (If I do say so myself.) My main issue is my aching back. Signing up for medicare very soon. Thinking on doing a full court press on my health concerns. Prostate exam, colonoscopy, chest x-ray. It's been over a decade since I had the first two. Over 5 years for the chest x-ray. I like to credit my decent health with my ability to stay out of the doctor's office. Speaking of doctor's office .... I'm taking Sue to an appointment this afternoon where they will torture her with vacuum therapy. They are going to try and gradually clear and suck the tissue in her foot higher to promote new growth behind it. Later, after multiple treatments they will take a skin patch from her stomach and close the wound. And she'll have fun, fun, fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away. There you have it. An update of this, that and the other thing. Enjoy your day. If you don't someone else will.
Posted on: 2020/7/15 12:46

j3studio Re: 07.15.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Tom, health is a "funny" thing. After I got hurt in the Navy and they retired me, the only life insurance I could get was as a smoker (and I've never smoked anything in my life). After ten years or so, I became average. Now, I'm a good risk. My health status hasn't changed at all—everybody else in my cohort has gotten worse.

In other news, Ford has brought the Bronco back for 2021:

https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/bronco

—my wife's central observation; "if they think they're converting a lot of Jeep owners, they're delusional."

Posted on: 2020/7/15 13:01

teebee Re: 07.15.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...MIA yesterday. I guess I won't talk about the weather and how hot it has been, or how the humidity is like eastern kansas, or the fact that we FINALLY got a significant rain last night (1 3/4"). So I won't talk about any of that.

Health is in the forefront here....#3 texted us yesterday saying her youngest wasn't feeling well, low fever, stuffy head and overly tired.... and come to find out, one of her dance instructors, which she was with last week, tested positive for Covid. They took GD in for a test (haven't heard anything yet). This is significant because we WERE going to see and stay with them this weekend, then on to Branson Monday. Looks like we are still going, leaving Monday from here for Branson. Instead of three hours, it will be closer to 9.

More work in the shop today. Have a great day.

Posted on: 2020/7/15 13:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Health is in the forefront here … #3 texted us yesterday saying her youngest wasn't feeling well, low fever, stuffy head and overly tired … and come to find out, one of her dance instructors, which she was with last week, tested positive for Covid. They took GD in for a test (haven't heard anything yet).

Best to your granddaughter, Tom.

Posted on: 2020/7/15 14:09

CorvetteBob Re: 07.15.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Good morning!
I hope all of your family members improve today.

I don’t know about you guys, but prayer works for me. Stress is down a good bit today.
Have a Great one everybody. Take your Vette out and find a nice place to smokem’!
Posted on: 2020/7/15 14:19

vetteblondie Re: 07.15.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good luck to your granddaughter on a negative test return.
Looks like everyone has stayed busy the last few days, I kept my head down and took three days at home to myself. Needed it. Slept like a dead rock and got the house all cleaned. Of course with a man and a dog in there it wont't last long. Am in the process of teaching my cousin's 3-year old grand how to swim. She learns fast. Sweet kid.
Naturally after my hiatus I came right back to work amid a wasp nest of cranky people and just stressy mess. Two emails later and I have reaffirmed my hatred for the general public, one who since has called my owner to apologize. Sorry, say it to me.
Been hot as fire here and humid as well, head index due around 100. Not looking forward to it. I water plants in evening and by midday they're all dropped and look half dead. My roses look horrible. Nothing I do fixes them. Hibiscus are fine, palms put out new shoots but not near as tall as usual, fed those, nothing. The frizzle leafed one is recovering however, that's a win.
Headed to Foley, MO this weekend in anticipation of Arron getting a new (to him) Harley Electraglide. We want to use it for long distance trips some. He already has one planned.
The Bronco has a familiar look to it. Oh wait, here's why:

Attach file:

jpg  107093093_10158412742138864_2377033776428647946_n.jpg (96.71 KB)
619_5f0f118ecc0ca.jpg 960X946 px
Posted on: 2020/7/15 14:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 07.15.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I like to credit my decent health with my ability to stay out of the doctor's office.

I'LL SECOND THAT---

OVERCAST AND MUGGY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. MADE AN EARLY RUN TO TAHLEQUAH FOR A HAIRCUT. MY BARBERESS' LITTLE RAT OF A YORKIE HAD TO SIT IN MY LAP THE WHOLE TIME. I KEEP ASKING HER WHEN SHE'S GOING TO GET A REAL DOG :-)

GOOD LUCK TO THE GRANDDAUGHTER, TEE.
Posted on: 2020/7/15 14:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: 07.15.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys...MIA yesterday. I guess I won't talk about the weather and how hot it has been, or how the humidity is like eastern kansas, or the fact that we FINALLY got a significant rain last night (1 3/4"). So I won't talk about any of that.

Health is in the forefront here....#3 texted us yesterday saying her youngest wasn't feeling well, low fever, stuffy head and overly tired.... and come to find out, one of her dance instructors, which she was with last week, tested positive for Covid. They took GD in for a test (haven't heard anything yet). This is significant because we WERE going to see and stay with them this weekend, then on to Branson Monday. Looks like we are still going, leaving Monday from here for Branson. Instead of three hours, it will be closer to 9.

More work in the shop today. Have a great day.

I didn’t catch the severity of your granddaughters condition my first time thru. Just offered a prayer for her.
Posted on: 2020/7/15 15:41

Ultraman Re: 07.15.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Prayer is good..... I highly recommend it.... especially for the President and this Nation....

Hoping the grandkid is ok Tom..... damn covid is everywhere...

Cooler here with a slight chance of rain....makes working outside a lot more fun.... better get out there.... move in ever widening circles Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/7/15 16:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

The Bronco has a familiar look to it. Oh wait, here's why:

That graphic is awesome, Letty.

Posted on: 2020/7/15 18:35

Matatk Re: 07.15.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

I like the new bronco. Looks sharp.

Took the kids to the zoo this morning. Spent a few hours there and heard a lot of complaining about having to walk in the heat...grrrrr.

Buddy stopped by earlier this afternoon with his 1200 Harley Sportster. He bought some new rear shocks for it and needed me to install them. Got that knocked out in short order, about a 20-25 minute job. I don't have a motorcycle lift so had to use a regular Jack and he held it steady. Worked out fine.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2020/7/15 21:31

vetteblondie Re: 07.15.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

thanks! Stole it from another forum

Heat index here supposedly was 108-113 depending on the time of day you checked. Both feel about the same to me.
Hope everyone stays hydrated!
Posted on: 2020/7/15 22:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 07.15.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, good news...test came back Negative...a lot of sighs of relief when the word came down. The whole family is still under quarantine because of exposure to the positive case person though. Our plans to go to Branson are still on...we will just leave from here Monday morning and instead of a 3 hour drive it will be closer to 9 for us.

Well, more news just came in, #1s oldest daughter was exposed and will be tested tomorrow......I think I'm glad I'm not going to KC........
Posted on: 2020/7/15 23:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: 07.15.20
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

COVID has avoided us so far!!! Whew...

The weather has been HOT around here for the last few days... today is the first nice day in nearly a week.

Got the Vette back on the road... was replacing the radiator support and did a brake bleed... need to fix an evap purge valve and do a quick tune up... poor car needs a bath, ASAP! It's a mess... dusty and covered in cobwebs.
Posted on: 2020/7/15 23:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.