Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman 23rd of September.....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Hey hey......wake up..... lets get to work now.... no sleeping in......
Posted on: 2020/9/23 15:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: 23rd of September.....
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Posted on: 2020/9/23 15:54

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Posted on: 2020/9/23 15:55

GRIS Re: 23rd of September.....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WAS A MISTY MORNING, BUT NOW IT HAS CLEARED OFF.

GOT OUT EARLY TO TAHLEQUAH TO BE FIRST IN THE HAIRCUT LINE. THERE WAS A NOTE ON THE DOOR, "FAMILY EMERGENCY". STARTED TO GO HOME, THEN THOUGHT, MAYBE THAT'S LEFTOVER FROM YESTERDAY. SO I WAITED AND , SURE ENOUGH, MY BARBERESS SHOWED UP AT THE USUAL TIME. THE CO-OWNER'S BROTHER DIED YESTERDAY WHILE SHE WAS WORKING ALONE AND SHE HAD TO CLOSE SHOP.

THE TIRE PRESSURE SYSTEM BIT YESTERDAY WAS INTERESTING. TOOK THE TRUCK TO THE GMC DEALER WHERE THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD HAVE TO SEND IT TO AN OUTSIDE TECHNICIAN TO THE TUNE OF $135 JUST TO LOOK. AND THEY COULDN'T CARRY ME HOME. I'D HAVE TO WAIT. TOLD THEM TO FORGET IT, CALL ME WHEN THEY GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

ON THE WAY HOME, STOPPED AT MY FT GIBSON TIRE PLACE & ASKED DANNY IF HE COULD DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. "SURE, IT'S PROBABLY A LITTLE BATTERY DEAD IN THE SENDING UNIT". FIXED IT IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES. PRICE: FREE.

VERY INTERESTING---
Posted on: 2020/9/23 17:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: 23rd of September.....
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi all!
Getting ready to head to the “work 20.”
Just wanted to check in.
Everyone have a great day!
Posted on: 2020/9/23 17:17

vetteblondie Re: 23rd of September.....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon, rainy here - makes for a great day to stay home and sleep with the doors and windows open. However, I must work to pay bills therefore here I sit.
Working on a "covered wagon" as it's called for a local turfgrass company. Canvas type 53' trailer so I'm doing the design for the sides, trailer factory will print and install on their material.
Hope everyone has a good day
Posted on: 2020/9/23 17:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

yes the only time I go to a car dealership is if it happens to be a warranty deal..... 17 Tahoe still under warranty and did have the Corvette's fuel gauge sensor replaced which meant dropping out the passenger side fuel tank for an internal install.....warranty on the Vette paid for it.... and to the dealerships credit I have not had a bit of problems since.... the problem started when the car had like 23,000 miles on it and now has 70K....
Posted on: 2020/9/23 18:13

vetteblondie Re: 23rd of September.....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Fuel odor I'm told is an issue with Corvettes. Arron's had a few in there for that. Also the airbag light on models such as mine. Easy fix under the front seat but it's a bulletin.
I won't take a dead dog to a dealer for repair as you have no idea who will be on it. Plus, given the fact I live with one, I do know that if you drop it off, someone else who comes in to "wait" will get put ahead of you in line. That's wrong to me. He often gets involved with a serious repair such as having to R&R an engine, a dash pullout for something, injectors on diesels, etc only to be interrupted midstream for some jerk that wants to "wait". He finally has started telling them to kiss it and find someone else to work on a "waiter" as he's busy with someone else's already who isn't so stupid as to think you can "wait" on a major repair when they're all already busy on stuff that was in there ahead of time. Imagine being mid-stream in a dash pullout or engine R&R only to be pulled off it for 4-5 other odd and end things then try to figure out where you left off at in the engine R&R 2 days later...
Posted on: 2020/9/23 20:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 23rd of September.....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I won't take a dead dog to a dealer for repair as you have no idea who will be on it. Plus, given the fact I live with one, I do know that if you drop it off, someone else who comes in to "wait" will get put ahead of you in line. That's wrong to me. He often gets involved with a serious repair such as having to R&R an engine, a dash pullout for something, injectors on diesels, etc only to be interrupted midstream for some jerk that wants to "wait". He finally has started telling them to kiss it and find someone else to work on a "waiter" as he's busy with someone else's already who isn't so stupid as to think you can "wait" on a major repair when they're all already busy on stuff that was in there ahead of time. Imagine being mid-stream in a dash pullout or engine R&R only to be pulled off it for 4-5 other odd and end things then try to figure out where you left off at in the engine R&R 2 days later...

I'VE DONE BUSINESS WITH THE MUSKOGEE GMC OUTFIT FOR YEARS, AND BEEN TREATED WELL. ONLY ONE MAN WORKS ON MY TRUCK, I THINK HE IS THE SENIOR MECHANIC IN THE SHOP. THEY ARE HIGH PRICED, LIKE ALL DEALERSHIPS, BUT I CAN DEPEND ON MY GUY THERE TO DO GOOD WORK. THIS LAST GO-ROUND WAS AN EXCEPTION, I HOPE.

MINOR STUFF I TAKE TO THE TIRE SHOP IN FT GIB, AND THE CORVETTES GO TO A DIFFERENT GUY ALTOGETHER.

Posted on: 2020/9/23 23:13

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 23rd of September.....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys... I DID sleep in this morning. Weather was nice and cool, so it was easy.

Went out to the shop to do a bit of work until I get the call to go run concrete. That happened about 10:30. When I got there, the truck with the windows was there and we unloaded them before the cement truck arrived. Wheel barrowed 12 loads of concrete to fill those forms I posted yesterday.Then moved over to my neighbor (two houses down from me) to run another 1/2 yard for a small sidewalk in their backyard.

When we got done with that, Rosie wanted to run over to the 'city' to pick up a few things and I picked up a butcher-block counter top piece for a project. When we got back We headed down to the storage shed to mow there.

Been a busy day....
Posted on: 2020/9/24 0:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: 23rd of September.....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I'll pnly go to the chebby dealer to have warranty work done...I don't trust "Screw-us motors"

My local guy cab do just about anything I don't want to mess with.
Posted on: 2020/9/24 0:12

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.