Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH700R4 / 4L60
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HOWDY Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2020/9/25 13:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 25.IX.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin
Posted on: 2020/9/25 13:30

GRIS Re: 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

COOL, CALM, AND LIGHTLY OVERCAST IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING.
THE CHEROKEES THINK FALL IS HERE. THE WHITE OAKS ARE DROPPING LEAVES, WHICH THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DO TILL NEXT SPRING.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY. WHEN/IF THE SUN COMES OUT I MAY PUT THE TOP DOWN ON THE TOMATO AND GO FOR A DRIVE IN THE COUNTRY.

AND IN THE NEWS:
TRUMP REFUSES TO SAY HE WILL STOP BEATING HIS WIFE.
Posted on: 2020/9/25 13:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I used to want to live in the Keys but there are to many people there anymore. Paradise lost. It started it's decline in the 80's. Miami Dade, Broward (Ft Lauderdale) and Palm Beach County have been on runaway growth for far too long. 1/3rd the population of Florida live in those three counties. Guess it's good for business but not so much for peace of mind. Many of the Homestead old time locals move upstate when they sellout or retire. Can't say I blame them. Living where I live is like living in another country so many like moving back to America. Where we live is still one of the best places to live for a whi-boy (wy-boy). I'm kinda upset that Sue never listens to me. I told her years ago that as the pets die off I don't want to replace them with other pets. It's easier to make command decisions when to don't have to transport all your animals. At one time I was interested in traversing the country in an RV. Could probably do it if I had sonny-boy watch all the critters. He's alright for two or three weeks. At least in that time I know he can't kill them. But 4-6 months is a long time. It's not advisable to move kids back in for an extended period of time. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, you know what I mean.) Speaking of sonny-boy. He is still homeless, jobless and lives day to day. He has issues but refuses treatment. The only saving grace is that the house is two doors down from where we used to live has and will be under renovation for a long time. He stays there. No kitchen, no bathroom. He has a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, a chair and a bed. I pay his car insurance so he can drive. He rarely drives but he can go to the store or drive here. Lives on food stamps and has state medicare. Not my choice as a way of living. I have more ambition. Rarely hear from him. He wraps his cellphone and tinfoil and claims it's broken. Won't accept a new phone. If I want to communicate with him I leave him a note on the fence. He'll come by the house if I ask him to. .... Sorry. I got carried away. Later guys. Life is good. There is room for improvement though.
Posted on: 2020/9/25 14:00

teebee Re: 25.IX.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys...It got hot yesterday, 94, but cooled off last night. Supposed to get back into the 90s again today and tomorrow, then a drop in temps for the next week...more seasonal.

The scald blistered over night and some broke open. Feels like a BAD sunburn.

I'll finish staining the door and might try to install the modified cabinets today. Better get to it.
Posted on: 2020/9/25 14:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 25.IX.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

VB and Tee....made some posts on yesterdays thread that you might be interested..... had the wrong day....

Well went into the Star City and had my back procedure done yesterday..... not the operation, this is where they inject Cortisone and Novocain into the area along the spine that is giving me all the trouble..... They use an XRay to make a precise placement of the dye and meds..... the dye shows them first how the meds will flow and then when they see it is going uphill and downhill they pump in the good stuff........ so they put the needle in on the right side ...... ya they do both sides.....where he wanted it to go and started pumping in the dye....... instant massive Charlie horse down into my left hammy and calf holy chit mon........ body just jerked like I got hit wid some serious electricity from a cattle prod....... ..... I do know I said the F word several times as the Doc said he was sorry..... got into a Ganglia real close to the nerve........ I'm curled up like a ball waiting for the thing to release....which it slowly did....... maybe the worst pain I ever had and it was instant...... So the Doc says I'm going to put the needle in a different place..... and if I am game to continue..... I said that sounds like a good idea and let's git er done...... after that things went a lot smoother and the right side was a breeze...... Right now I am only giving this a 3 Star rating...... will wait until tomorrow to see how well it worked...... probably won't do the process again in any event........ I am up and around today and am a bit sore but the big pain is gone and I can stand up and move with out any troubles....... now the Guru's can get a pool going on how long it will last..... up to a 4 star rating today.....
Posted on: 2020/9/25 16:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I have an allergy to medical related pain so avoidance has been my motto. Having to take a stress test is as much fun as going to jury duty. Once when a doctor came into the room with an elephant sized needle to put cortisone into my left knee I said I've changed my mind. I'll wait till the pain gets worse. That was about 20 years ago. I walk cautiously. Put my leg up when it swells.
Posted on: 2020/9/25 17:07

GRIS Re: 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I have an allergy to medical related pain so avoidance has been my motto. Having to take a stress test is as much fun as going to jury duty. Once when a doctor came into the room with an elephant sized needle to put cortisone into my left knee I said I've changed my mind. I'll wait till the pain gets worse. That was about 20 years ago. I walk cautiously. Put my leg up when it swells.

MINOR SURGERY IS SURGERY DONE ON SOMEBODY ELSE :-|
Posted on: 2020/9/25 17:14

Matatk Re: 25.IX.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

TB, hope the burns heal up quickly.

Marcus, hope the back feels better.

Tommy, sorry to hear about the circumstances with your son. I hope he comes around eventually.

Unfortunately for me I lost the Corvette yesterday. Caught fire and burned down. My daughter is absolutely devastated as she loved that car. I'm working through it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/9/25 18:38

j3studio Re: 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Unfortunately for me I lost the Corvette yesterday. Caught fire and burned down. My daughter is absolutely devastated as she loved that car. I'm working through it.

I saw those pictures—frightening. Glad you are okay.

Posted on: 2020/9/25 18:41

teebee Re: 25.IX.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Really Matt? You're not joking? So sorry. I have a friend from another forum lost his 84 in the same way.

Tommy, I do hope things workout for your son.

Marc, glad the treatment is working, I hope, for your sake, that is a long term thing.

I did get the rest of the door stained and the modified cabinets re-installed.
Posted on: 2020/9/25 19:03

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Just checking in...
Seems like things are going kids rough for you guys.
It’s times like this when I don’t know what to say because the only things I come up with sound cliche’.
Tommy, I think I feel the pain. My family all have Gastro allergies and issues. The boy is worst off. Along with other issues.
One father to another, all we can do is keep at it.
And May! Sorry about the corvette! Wow! I’m hoping no one is hurt.
It’s a Disappointing loss, but at least replaceable.

Gotta go now, be thinking of you guys.

Attach file:

jpeg  8A31F5ED-09FE-4419-86F3-CEAA4821E5D0.jpeg (115.27 KB)
1782_5f6e4b3e0b847.jpeg 794X794 px
Posted on: 2020/9/25 19:53

CorvetteBob Re: 25.IX.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

U-man, you too? I completely missed your post. Sorry for that. I sure hope you get to feeling better quickly. I’m not one for a lot of pain meds, but then again they’re there for a reason. Feel better soon.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone else!
Happy Friday all!
Posted on: 2020/9/25 21:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.