Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
185 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry, I've been pretty busy and haven't been on.

I've been enjoying the new car and driving it daily. Can't believe it was 75* today in chicago. I drove to work with the top down. I should have bought a convertible years ago.

I did a little trunk / spring mod today. C5/C6 guys will know the trunk only had a small range of motion when you unlock it. I replaced the shocks and did the latch spring adjustment but it wasn't to my liking. Added a helper spring and it works great now. The decklid pops up an inch when I hit the unlock and it's easy to open.

I still have a few more little items I plan on taking care of but there's time for that.

Finally convinced the wife to get rid of her ticking time bomb nissan. Last week we bought a new 2020 Honda Passport. Very nice suv. We got a good deal that I'm happy with. Now I won't be worried about what she's driving or possibly breaking down.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/11/5 7:07

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HI MATT---

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE FIVE CIVILIZED TRIBES AND THE WILD INDIANS OUT WEST. IT'S 57 DEGREES AND CALM, ANOTHER PRETTY DAY TO ENJOY.

MADE MY CUSTOMARY EARLY MORNING RUN YESTERDAY TO TAHLEQUAH TO BE FIRST IN LINE FOR A HAIR CUT BUT ANOTHER OLD FART BEAT ME TO THE BARBERSHOP. CURSES, FOILED AGAIN :-)

SWEETHEART THE BLUETICK IS ACTING SICK, WILL LIKELY HAVE TO TAKE HER OVER TO MORRIS FOR BIG DAUGHTER TO TAKE A LOOK.

#2 GRANDDAUGHTER ON LOCKDOWN AGAIN FOR KUNG FLU EXPOSURE, SHE MAY ACTUALLY HAVE IT THIS TIME. SHE'S ON A HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL TEAM.

MADE A LAST CUT ON THE EASY SIDE OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE YESTERDAY, MAY FINISH UP TODAY (OR NOT)

HAVE FUN, Y'ALL
Posted on: 2020/11/5 13:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Woke up to a note that Sue's Silverado had a flat tire. Didn't even have my first cup of coffee and I was out filling the flat. Called Sue and told her it was aired up and she starts a song and dance about can I take it to the tire shop, she's too busy I said (angrily) I'm not even dressed yet or taken my ibuprofen. Then Ya , ya I'll do it and hung up. She came home while I was showering and took it to the tire shop. Sue is a whirlwind that kicks up a lot of shit. I try my best to stay out of the shitstorm. Doesn't matter too much really. I know almost everyday I'm going to get a call or 10. She always stirs up more shit than she can handle. Meanwhile I'm up to my nose in shit saying "Don't make waves.". But you already knew that.
Posted on: 2020/11/5 14:39

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Hope the GD feels better, Gris. My sister in law has it right now, tested positive last week. Couldn't have been the vacation they just took....

Wife got me up early this morning. The dog decided to partake in his favorite pastime....rolling around in raccoon crap he finds in the yard. It's disgusting. Had to give him a bath this morning. Ugh.

With a start to the day like that it can only get better, right?
Posted on: 2020/11/5 14:40

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Tommy, sounds like you missed the perfect opportunity to tell her you couldn't take it because you were too....tired.

I'll show myself out.
Posted on: 2020/11/5 14:41

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Cracking up at Tommy. I suspect my guy at home would say the same thing about me. He gets annoyed that instead of just going out in the garage to change my own oil, broke taillight bulb, what have you, I leave it for him. I figure I wash his drawers he can change car oil. I mean it's his living? right? I feed him afterall, fair?
Gris hope your grand feels better soon as well as your SIL Matt. Glad you are enjoying the car.
Nice day again here today and supposed to be all through the weekend and into next week. Locals are relieved after all the previous rain and cold.
I can relate to the dog rolling around in poop, ours just got her another bath last night for the same. I looked out yesterday to see her wiggling in the yard on her back looking happy as can be. I also recall that's where she shit last. She smelled like something dead and rotten that has been crapped on and left in the sun to dry.

I'll bet Canada feels like they're living in the apartment right above a meth lab right now....
Posted on: 2020/11/5 18:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

VB, I tend to agree with you. I’m sure there’s a lot of American election jokes being told in Canada right now.
It seems like Mat is relatively happy with his vehicle situation for the time being.
And Gris I hope things get better for you and yours.
I don’t mind doing the car, yard, house stuff because she does the paperwork and laundry, other stuff. It’s our own division of labor.
You guys all have a great day!
Posted on: 2020/11/5 22:24

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HAD TO LEAVE SWEETHEART AT THE VET CLINIC. SHE'S A SICK DOG, ONE LUNG FULL OF CONGESTION. BEST CASE PNEUMONIA, WORSE CASE CANCER. EXPLETIVE DELETED.

BTW, THAT HOT WATER HEATER THAT DIED WAS 12 YEARS OLD. GUESS WE GOT OUR MONEY'S WORTH OUT OF THAT ONE.

FINISHED OFF THE YARD. NEXT STEP SEND THE MOWER IN FOR ANNUAL SERVICE.
Posted on: 2020/11/6 0:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 11.05.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

hey guys...busy day here. Rosie and I have our own division of labor. She cleans the house (for the most part) and makes meals (for the most part), I take care of the vehicles. She takes care of the bills (for the most part).

She starts back to work tomorrow....subbing for the gal that took the place of the gal who took hers.... the little gal is on maternity leave, so Rosie is going to help out on Mondays and Fridays.

News from the guy I helped Tuesday afternoon...he went home that day, not feeling well and got worse overnight. Went in for a test yesterday. This evening he sends me a text that he tested positive...I'll probably be quarantined tomorrow. Not showing any signs yet.
Posted on: 2020/11/6 2:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.