Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
178 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS GOOD FRIDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

The King wanted to go fishing, and he asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for the next few hours.
The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain.

So the King and the Queen went fishing. On the way he met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and he asked the man if the fish were biting.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rain storm."

The King replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him."

So the King continued on his way.

However, in a short time a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked.

Furious, the King returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist.

Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the King hired the donkey.

And so began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government.

The practice is unbroken to this day.
Posted on: 2021/4/2 12:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: GOOD FRIDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLEAR. CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 44 ON THE FRONT PORCH. LOOKS LIE A PRETTY DAY COMING UP, THE DONKEY'S EARS ARE NOT DROOPING :-)

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, GOT ALL THE FIRST OF MONTH TASKS DONE. DARLING WIFE SEEMS TO BE DOING BETTER, NOW IF SHE WILL JUST NOT OVER DO IT---

THE SUNSHINE IS GLORIOUS!
Posted on: 2021/4/2 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: GOOD FRIDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...slept in a little. Beings it is Good Friday, we are fasting and abstaining today. My stomach is growling and I'm craving ribs.....typical of today.

Not a lot on the agenda, Good Friday service at 3. Still waiting on materials for a cabinet job. Might try to go out and play golf with grandsons #2 and 3.

Breezy and seasonably warm now and headed toward an unseasonably warm mid 70s this afternoon.

Thinking I might go out to the garage and clean the inside of the pickup. Have a great day gurus!
Posted on: 2021/4/2 15:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: GOOD FRIDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Abstaining means NO WORK. Get your ass inside and away from the refrigerator. Prepare yourself for the Stations of the Cross.
Posted on: 2021/4/2 17:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had to bring a cat to the vet. $$$ for sure. Blood work, x-rays and possible surgery. Good thing we have something called disposable income. Went to the bank and now scheduled my second vaccine shot for next Friday. The count web site is set up for cellphones or something. Tried to print the page and it cuts off the crazy code thingy. Tried to reduce the page size. Nope. Tried to download it to reduce and print. Nope. Page disappeared. Would not let me get back to the page since it was a scheduling page and I was already scheduled. Contacted their support. Sue brought home another riggin friggin sassafrassin rescue African Spur Thigh Tortoise. That makes 4. Just what we needed. Another crazy day.
Posted on: 2021/4/2 17:30

teebee Re: GOOD FRIDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I did Stations Wednesday.....Good Friday services at 3pm.

No breakfast, but we just had a small lunch, a grilled cheese sandwich. We'll have something for supper.
Posted on: 2021/4/2 17:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
We'll have something for supper.

Fish I hope.
Posted on: 2021/4/2 18:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I was old school Catholic. No meat on Friday, Latin mass and such until the changes. I went to church until the Monsignor kicked me out for wearing jeans to church and standing against the back wall instead of being in a pew. I talked to a priest when I was around 22/23. He told me I had my own religion. I wasn't Catholic. Ever since I've been non sectarian and do not practice within the confines of any organized religion. I am in fact my own religion.

Posted on: 2021/4/2 18:28

Matatk Re: GOOD FRIDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

This morning we all went to my mom's house for her bday. We bought her a new gliding chair. RR#2 and I assembled it for her. Then I got on the roof and cleaned out the gutters. Then I trimmed a couple of broken tree branches, fixed the outside deck lights, and reattached a piece of siding j-channel. Mom was happy. Then we went to the cemetery and visited my dad and my wife's grandmother. Getting in a workout now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/4/2 20:24

CorvetteBob Re: GOOD FRIDAY
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Seems everyone is in good spirits today. I’m happy for all of you, and for the fact you’re celebrating the day as you see fit.
It’s truly a wonderful part of being an American!
As for me, my weekend is chopped up. Off today, work tomorrow and off Sunday. It’s a a long story.
As for church, I kind of miss the attendance. The wife is Catha-holic, I’m not. The one thing I’ve noticed is how unwelcome I feel at church. Just been too many “experiences.”
Enough of that.
On the positive side, had the Friday lunch with homies and got to have a really great discussion with one of them who’s currently selling the business he started. It a business selling business systems, and related cash cow interests. We’ve known each other since about’74 and whenever I’m part of a conversation he’s in, I come out feeling like I’ve learned something.
Well that’s it for me today guys.
Have a great weekend Gurus!
Posted on: 2021/4/2 22:14

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.