Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS LAST DAY OF JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

BY BY JUNE
Posted on: 2021/6/30 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

CLEAR AND CALM IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 75 ON THE FRONT PORCH, 81% HUMIDITY AT TAHLEQUAH.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, BUT I SHOULD BLOW OFF THE PATIOS BEFORE IT RAINS AGAIN.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS---
Posted on: 2021/6/30 13:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys....60 here, but 81% humids. Not going to be a comfortable morning.

Work in the shop, mow neighbors lawn, and a trip to the golf course is on tap for today.
Posted on: 2021/6/30 13:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Hot, humid, and disgusting in the Philadelphia area—exactly the kind of weather George Washington complained about to Martha.

My neurosurgeon may know what he's doing—taking me off the back restrictions has measurably decreased the pain level.

It's been a busy couple of days since I last reported. My best male friend was down for the weekend, so there was much food and drink intake. We jumped from that right back into a bunch of end-of-fiscal-year issues at the University. Finally, prep work has begun for the NCRS Gallery XX at Corvettes at Carlisle—we're bringing the 2003 50th Anniversary convertible, which is now (aaack!) judgeable.

Posted on: 2021/6/30 13:57

vetteblondie Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning, hate to see June go - that means that much closer to winter again and not a fan of that at all. We are still in the near triple digits here and over 100 daily withg heat index, no clouds, and big humidity. The tropical storm moving in might bring us some much needed rain and will give us some heat relief due tomorrow.
All that's left on the roof is the top back right shingles strips and flashing along the fireplace. His brother didn't show up again last night, so he's given up on having the help. He's soooo sick of it. Tee he'd welcome your help - no plumbing worries though as Arron doesn't mind plumbing at all.
Matt with the roof mess, it means the poor little car is on the back burner. I'm not trying that mess - he changed one temp actuator thing where it was making cold air blow hot out one side and not the other so I do have air. I hate to ask him though as I know he gets tired of doing that kidna work all day then having to come home and do more of it. He was gonna show me how to do that but didn't figure I really needed to know as it should never have to be done again but here we are lol. I'm not about to try to tear into a dash. Nope. He did tell me he has the parts needed however. The door speaker is way on the back burner unless I E-Steal one and do that myself. House stuff and yard stuff take up most of my time. it needs done though - trying to listen to 80s on 8 on Sirius XM and the Beverly Hills Cop theme song comes on will give you a headache.
Some roof pics to show some progress, original was metal and not angled properly so water ran backwards. I will miss the metal when it rains, was nice to sit out there under it but I'd rather be dry. he's farther along than the last pic shows he has both valleys cut, just needs to finish a row across, then fireplace flashing and a few shingles on the right and trimming stuff.

Attach file:

jpg  1 original.jpg (506.86 KB)
619_60dc7ad984958.jpg 1080X607 px

jpg  2 framing.jpg (745.69 KB)
619_60dc7ae628d4c.jpg 1080X809 px

jpg  3 decking.jpg (588.84 KB)
619_60dc7aeddd291.jpg 1080X608 px

jpg  4 shingles.jpg (628.77 KB)
619_60dc7af6ed833.jpg 1080X608 px

jpg  5 shingles.jpg (715.07 KB)
619_60dc7b620a548.jpg 1080X726 px
Posted on: 2021/6/30 14:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Down here roofers were notorious for having a certain kind of background. Not the owners but the laboerers. Now they have another type of background and English is not their primary language. Though I've seen some great roofing crews do some amazing tear downs. Usually they attack it with a squad of men. Amazing. The permit free roofing usually happens on weekends around here. I try to avoid heavy labor anymore. Remember WORK is a four letter word.

My relay replacement efforts paid off and now the 928 is running once again. Now I can move on to the next issues with it. Slave cylinder rod is jammed. Shifter is super sloppy. The shop can expect a call from me. I forsee a a few dollars exiting my savings account.
Posted on: 2021/6/30 14:25

j3studio Re: LAST DAY OF JUNE
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Letty, that's good progress.

Tommy, I agree that a bunch of roofers going at it can be impressive.

Posted on: 2021/6/30 18:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.