Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
264 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 19.VIII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

HI EVERYBODY---
Posted on: 2021/8/19 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 19.VIII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

ANOTHER SOGGY DAY IN THE NATIONS, PARTLY CLOUDY, 75 DEGREES, 91% HUMIDITY AT 0819HRS. 60% CHANCE OF MORE RAIN. OH JOY-

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA BUT PUTTING TIRE BACK ON LAWNMOWER.

A GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL.
Posted on: 2021/8/19 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 19.VIII.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

John, did you get my DM reply?

No DM reply, Tom.

$#!+. I wrote in indepth review. Disapperared into thin cyber air.

I'll write another but might not be as good.
Posted on: 2021/8/19 13:39

TommyT-Bone Re: 19.VIII.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You can cut and paste this one John.

With the current restictions imposed by Covid travel related restictions went quite smoothly. A mask was required on our flight on Alaska Air for the duration of the flight unless eating or drinking. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express SeaTac the night prior to our Alaska cruise to insure we would experience no flight related dalays that might jeopardize boarding. A free shuttle was available from the airport to the hotel and the hotel made arrangements for a shuttle to the port for guests that requested it for a modest price. Boarding at the port was rather slow complicated by the processing of passengers and verification of vaccine and identification requirements. Masks were worn throughout that process. Once on board masks were no longer required for vaccinated passengers. The crew all wore masks throughout the cruise. The one week cruise visited the ports of Skagway, Juneau and Ketchican. Victoria B.C. was removed as Canada did not allow visitors at this time. Skagway with a history dating back to the Gold Rush in the Yukon territory is a quaint town nestled in the vast, rugged wilderness that surrounds it. Juneau offered a number of excursions. The Mendenhall Glacier among one of the popular destinations. Walking the streets and shopping were also choices of some. For others fishing, whale watching or bus tours were available. Ketchican had the crab salmon and halibut fisheries with eateries offering fresh seafood all around town. Shops offered smoked fish products and locally made products like jams, preserves and honey to take home. A lumberjack show brings many to their performances. It offers information on the Alaskan logging industry in humorous skits and demonstrations. There were seadays before and after port days giving an opportunity to just kick back and relax or take part in other shipboard activities. Debarkation was fast and easy especially since we didn't visit Canada. Customs whizzed passengers through with a few qualifying questions. The August temperatures were moderate ranging between 54-68 degrees in Alaska and comfortable 70's in Seattle. This itinery is on our list of summer favorites. A great way to escape the summer heat while exploring a beautful state, viewing many natural wonders, and eating some of the finest, freshest seafood you will find anywhere. We love Alaska.
Posted on: 2021/8/19 14:30

vetteblondie Re: 19.VIII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Okay, now I want to go to Alaska -
good afternoon, hope everyone's day is going well. Been a little busy here but not too bad, looking forward to that whistle later when it's time to go home. had a break in the weather for a bit, more rain due tomorrow then back up in the 100s next week they say. My plants all look like sh*t. This has been a horrible year for growing things around here.
Posted on: 2021/8/19 17:43

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 19.VIII.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

sounds like a very cool trip Tommy.... we get to Seattle fairly often to see daughter... may have to consider taking a week to see the last frontier.....

Well here is another fine mess the idiots running the country have got us into.... they are not even running the country...who the hell is??? Harris.....does anyone even know where she is? The last thing you want to look like in the eyes of the world is weak and right now we look like wusses to everyone including ourselves...... get the troops over there and kill those bastards keeping our people and allies from getting to the airport... rain down holy fire from on high and get everyone who needs to go out of there damit....

ok folks move along .... rant over...... for now.... I'm still seething ...... can you impeach someone for stupid and cowardice....? how about taking a vacation while Rome burns...... damnation
Posted on: 2021/8/19 22:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 19.VIII.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys....I was up at 4am yesterday and on the road to the "little Apple" Manhattan KS. We made it there a little before 10am. We met the parents of #2GSs roommate over in the 'city' and they followed us up there. He was not confident about where he was going. I told him when we met them I would be setting my cruise control 5mphover the posted speed limit. I pulled out and GS and roomy, right behind us and the parents behind them. About 10 miles out GS and roomy were right there, but parents were nowhere to be found. I had Rosie text the roomy and ask if the parents were ok, and she said they were. So we kept on going. 2 hours out I decided to stop and let them catch up. They were 10 minutes behind.

You must understand, these people are Vietnamese, English is a second language, not very tech savvy and don't travel much. At the stop he said he was afraid to drive fast as he had never been on that road, and didn't want the police to stop him. I assured him we would be alright and his daughter told him to follow me and stay with me and they would follow up in the rear. Believe me, the rest of the trip he was right there on my tail. Daughter also told me she had given him her cell phone with Maps on and the final destination in and directions on.

After we got everything unloaded he and I were talking, he said he was concerned about making it back home. "I'm not sure I can even get out of the apartment complex" I thought he was joking, but I could really see the concern on his face. I told him his phone GPS would get him home, but he said I don't know how to use it. So and I asked if I could see his cell phone, "Yes, it is brand new". I looked at it, it had no SIM card so it didn't work. His older daughter (lives in California) had got a deal BOGO and had the GO sent to him to use on her plan, but it came with no SIM. Today GS and Roomy were taking her parents to KC to fly out to see daughter in Cali, and while there was supposed to get his phone working. And Roomy assured me that when they return she will get him lined out on how to get home....man I hope so, I really felt sorry for him.

After we finished up taking the GS and roomy out and buying a few things for them they needed and out to lunch (her parents didn't want to go with us), we got back and helped them get settled in and then headed to KC to spend the night with #3 and her family.

A quick overnight stay, see the kids off to their first day of school then headed home. Hot and humid when we got here.

Rosie and I dropped off #2 (she was doing OK, only cried once on the way home (missing GS#2 already), unloaded then ran down to the storage shed and mowed the lawn there. then I came back and decided to put the new starter on #2s Honda...it gave up last weekend and I ordered a new one and it came in yesterday, so I figured I may as well get it installed for her. Surprisingly, I was about to get that done in less than an hour.

Got lots to do in the next few days.....

Trip sounds really wonderful, Tommy....someday, maybe, I'll take one of those trips to Alaska. Pretty dry here yet, Gris. We could use some of the moisture you are getting. Marc, it's freaking crazy right now.
Posted on: 2021/8/20 0:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 19.VIII.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

It was hot and humid here today.

The kids started school today which was bittersweet for the wife. I'm glad they went back because they need to see their friends and be social. I love having them home but as an adult I realize how bad summer vacation is for kids. Not a big deal, I expect them to be back to be learning in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/8/20 3:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.