Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS 24 AUG 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2021/8/24 13:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 24 AUG 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

SUNNY AND STILL STICKY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. SUMMER IS STILL HANGING ON.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, ABOUT TIME TO GET MY DOVE GEAR IN ORDER, CHECK BATTERIES FOR THE MOJO DOVES, ETC. BETTER DO THAT THIS MORNING BEFORE THE BARN HEATS UP.

DARLING WIFE DOING VERY WELL. I THINK THE PT BUNCH DID HER MORE GOOD THAN THE DOCTORS. THINGS SEEM TO BE RETURNING TO NORMAL, BEST CAN REMEMBER WHAT NORMAL IS---

THERE ARE THINGS I COULD DO OUTSIDE, BUT THE ACCEPTABLE TEMPERATURE WINDOW IS NARROW.

REMEMBER YOUR REGIMENT AND FOLLOW YOUR OFFICERS.
Posted on: 2021/8/24 13:25

vetteblondie Re: 24 AUG 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

Gris, those PT people are wonderful. Had me up walking in just two visits. No clue why I never did that sooner.
Very hot here already, was horribly muggy last night, heat indexes very high again this week, advisories issued. Hoping for a smooth day at the office, a couple jobs on tap to start with so far. Ya'll have a good un
Posted on: 2021/8/24 14:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 24 AUG 21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Good morning.
Glossing over yesterday’s topic, it’s nice to know that the heat is our current biggest concern.

I too have felt the loneliness of the dwindling number of cronies. As it would happen, we have one of our “mini” HS reunions this week. We had one in June, but only one or two from out of state could be here. So when a spot opened up at the park shelter, we grabbed it as it happened to be the Saturday most out of towners could be here.

The therapy folks do wonders, as was said yesterday. I’ve been given the okey-dokey to ride the Zero Turn, but not the walking mower. That’s a big help. I’ve had real problems getting the kid to show up, and it’s too late in the season to get on anyone’s schedule.

Once again, the plumbing gremlins have started running amok. This time it’s the kitchen faucet. I put new O-rings in it yesterday, but it’s got too much lime in it to get the new rings to seal properly. I might try it again. But I fear there’s a new install in my future. Right now, it’s pretty difficult to get on the floor and then under the sink? I’m going to need to think on this one.

Fortunately, I get to end on a fun note. The Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through Dayton today. I’ll head over to the new fairgrounds to do some watching and maybe take a stroll. Between the heat and the leg, I’m not sure how long I’ll last, but I’ll give it a try.

Have a great day all, and try to stay cool!
Posted on: 2021/8/24 14:40

TommyT-Bone Re: 24 AUG 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

MAJOR repairs on the 2015 Suburban LTZ. Originally brought it in for an oil change. Got the front end rebuilt, shocks and struts all around, front hubs, bearings, rotors and brakes done. Then I took it to Firestone for new Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza H rated tires and a lifetime front end alignment. $3850 in parts, $850 in labor at the shop then another $1138 at Firestone. Around 88000 miles on the vehicle. I should be good for awhile with that one. It was due I guess for some major work. I've driven it almost 5 years on just oil changes, two new tires and a new ONSTAR screen. The newish tires ended up getting cupped on the inside. Oh well.
Posted on: 2021/8/24 15:00

j3studio Re: 24 AUG 21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

MAJOR repairs on the 2015 Suburban LTZ. Originally brought it in for an oil change. Got the front end rebuilt, shocks and struts all around, front hubs, bearings, rotors and brakes done. Then I took it to Firestone for new Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza H rated tires and a lifetime front end alignment. $3850 in parts, $850 in labor at the shop then another $1138 at Firestone. Around 88000 miles on the vehicle. I should be good for awhile with that one. It was due I guess for some major work. I've driven it almost 5 years on just oil changes, two new tires and a new ONSTAR screen. The newish tires ended up getting cupped on the inside.

It does come in chunks, doesn't it? I choose to call it a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP), like the Navy does for aircraft carriers.

Posted on: 2021/8/24 15:15

Elite Guru
4246 Posts

Good morning, all.

I'll be generally "off the grid" until Sunday or so—we head out to Corvettes at Carlisle soon. Taking many pictures—I'm bring almost 100 GB of storage cards with me.

Posted on: 2021/8/24 15:18

GRIS Re: 24 AUG 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Good morning, all.

I'll be generally "off the grid" until Sunday or so—we head out to Corvettes at Carlisle soon. Taking many pictures—I'm bring almost 100 GB of storage cards with me.

HAVE FUN, JOHN AND STAY SAFE :-0

Attach file:

jpeg  CDC.jpeg (116.80 KB)
12496_612522b9d2193.jpeg 639X514 px
Posted on: 2021/8/24 16:48

vetteblondie Re: 24 AUG 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

have fun John and let's see those pics when you get back. I have always wanted to go and then every time I plan something happens.

Tommy - just OMG. I'd freak if I got a bill for all that with a vehicle that had no more miles on it than that one has.
Posted on: 2021/8/24 21:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4246 Posts

Quote:
vetteblondie wrote:

have fun John and let's see those pics when you get back. I have always wanted to go and then every time I plan something happens.

Tommy - just OMG. I'd freak if I got a bill for all that with a vehicle that had no more miles on it than that one has.

Letty, there will be many pictures—and I’ll keep an eye out for other Centennials. As far as Tommy’s bill, I look at it as deferring the purchase of a new or newer ‘burban—and they are non-trivial.
Posted on: 2021/8/24 22:15

teebee Re: 24 AUG 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys, Hot day here. Went out to look at a job early and when I returned, Rosie tells me there is water in the basement.....I have my own plumbing issues, Bob. I hate F@*king plumbing. Well, the water heater was running water out about as fast as it was coming in. Turned off the water and called my buddy the plumber. Talked to him and he called his supplier, they didn't have to one I needed to replace it (50 gallon power vent), they had a 40 gallon on, but we need the bigger one, so I looked on Menards and they had one in stock. So I headed over to the 'city' to pick it up. Got back about 1pm and my buddy was here about 1:15 and by 3 we had it back up and running. Pretty much a wasted day, as far as getting any work done. Tried to pay my buddy, and he wouldn't take anything saying I help him when he needs it, so we'll trade.

Coming back from the 'city' thermometer was reading 108. When I headed out to the dump to get rid of the old heater, it was reading 109. Triple digits on tap for tomorrow as well.

John looking forward to the pictures. Bob, you could post some from the "tour". Tommy, it seems a bit early for those kind of repairs on the sub.

I got Rosie a new bike. One she can step through as opposed to throwing her leg over the seat. She's had problems since she fell and broke her kneecap. She loves the new bike. It's a Schwinn and it peddles like nothing and goes like she's trying to go 100mph.

Gris, I bet you will find an overabundance of doves out west, they are thick around here.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 1:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.