Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
239 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. A sensor used to meter air flow into the intake indirectly by measuring plenum pressure. This sensor is not as pre...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 25.VIII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

ANYBODY OUT THERE?
Posted on: 2021/8/25 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 25.VIII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

STILL SUMMER IN THE NATIONS, 81 DEGREES, 74% HUMISERY, AT 0906 HR, PREDICTED HIGH OF 98. WON'T NEED A SWEATER TODAY.

DARLING WIFE HAS A PT APPOINTMENT THIS MORNING AND WE WILL SEE THE UNSAT ACCOUNTANT TO FINALLY SIGN OFF ON THE TAX RETURN.
I'LL NOT USE HIM AGAIN!

PLANNING A HIT & RUN RECON OUT WEST FRIDAY.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 14:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 25.VIII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Present and accounted for -
Hot as all get out here already, heat advisories in place again. Hoping today is not crazy like yesterday was. One customer who is a great customer but is a little "off". He's super picky, so we printed swatches for his wrap background, he picks one after taking it outside. I reproof just to let him know I made the change. We're printing and halfway done when he comes back in and says it don't look the same on his computer or phone. Ugh. Of course not - it don't look the same on my screen either but you picked the actual printed swatch up against the truck. The whole day was like that. Fingers crossed for a better day today. STaying inside in the air conditioning too - I hope. Planned that yesterday and that dude showed up so I'm out in the 100*sun sweating my hind end off, all my clothes were wet. I hate having to sit here like that, but the wrap bay was already full and I had nowhere to pull the truck in at.
Hope you all have a good one
Posted on: 2021/8/25 14:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 25.VIII.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....eventful morning already. Pretty nice start in the upper 60s but headed toward the 100s. Expecting a delivery from my lumber supplier, typically on Tuesdays, but a new guy driving, whose never done this run, so he's running late. Texted him last night as to when to expect him. He said he was in town at the motel. I offered to come get my stuff. He told me he was beat and I would be first thing this morning...7 or 8am, I told 8 would work fine.

This morning I get around early and sent him a text that I was ready (about 7:30) whenever he was. I get a message back the he's having heart issues..."racing like a m*******er" No problem, I tell him whenever he is feeling better. About 10 minutes go by and I start thinking, maybe he should go see a doctor, so I text back and ask him if he wanted me to come get him and take him to the ER. "Yea, I think so." So I run up to the motel and go into the lobby, where I'm met by the gal running the place and she asks if she can help me. I told her I was there to pick up one of the guests, "I can't give you his room number" . "Ok, but he's having a medical issue and I'm supposed to take him to the ER." This get her attention and then she asks his name..."All I know is his name is Steve and he's driving the delivery truck that is supposed to drop a delivery to me this morning." So as she looks through her registration cards a guy comes down the hall, I ask him if he was Steve. "yes, and thanks for coming to get me" As we are headed to the ER he tells me he had his first C19 vac on Sunday. So, between the heat yesterday and the shot, I think that has got him.

When I drop him off, they won't let me go in with him, so I ask him if he has called the office to let them know what is going on, "No". So I tell him I will call in to let them know. He left his overnight bag in my truck. Since then the office has called me twice but I still have no idea what is going on.

Posted on: 2021/8/25 15:18

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 25.VIII.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys....eventful morning already. Pretty nice start in the upper 60s but headed toward the 100s. Expecting a delivery from my lumber supplier, typically on Tuesdays, but a new guy driving, whose never done this run, so he's running late. Texted him last night as to when to expect him. He said he was in town at the motel. I offered to come get my stuff. He told me he was beat and I would be first thing this morning...7 or 8am, I told 8 would work fine.

This morning I get around early and sent him a text that I was ready (about 7:30) whenever he was. I get a message back the he's having heart issues..."racing like a m*******er" No problem, I tell him whenever he is feeling better. About 10 minutes go by and I start thinking, maybe he should go see a doctor, so I text back and ask him if he wanted me to come get him and take him to the ER. "Yea, I think so." So I run up to the motel and go into the lobby, where I'm met by the gal running the place and she asks if she can help me. I told her I was there to pick up one of the guests, "I can't give you his room number" . "Ok, but he's having a medical issue and I'm supposed to take him to the ER." This get her attention and then she asks his name..."All I know is his name is Steve and he's driving the delivery truck that is supposed to drop a delivery to me this morning." So as she looks through her registration cards a guy comes down the hall, I ask him if he was Steve. "yes, and thanks for coming to get me" As we are headed to the ER he tells me he had his first C19 vac on Sunday. So, between the heat yesterday and the shot, I think that has got him.

When I drop him off, they won't let me go in with him, so I ask him if he has called the office to let them know what is going on, "No". So I tell him I will call in to let them know. He left his overnight bag in my truck. Since then the office has called me twice but I still have no idea what is going on.

Jeez. I hate live drama.

Makes my heart rate go up just reading about it.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 15:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, it seems a bit early for those kind of repairs on the sub.

91k miles? Well I wish what you said was true but like John mentioned yesterday, SLEP. Service Life Extension Program. I keep my rides over 10 years in general and maintain them pretty well. I should be good to go in the suspension and shock department for the life of the vehicle with me. Tires, brakes and bearings are pretty much routine repair items. Anyway, my 120 mile test drive yesterday pretty much demonstrated a major difference in ride and comfort. Not that I like doling out that much for repairs, but shtuff happens. She's our numero uno go to vehicle for just about everything. We drive it around 10k miles per year. (Bought it with 48k miles in 2016.)
Posted on: 2021/8/25 16:33

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

The thing that concerns me Tommy, is my 2015 Silverado is basically the same vehicle... I've got 60k on it and wondering if that is in my near future.

No news on my earlier drama.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 16:45

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
The thing that concerns me Tommy, is my 2015 Silverado is basically the same vehicle... I've got 60k on it and wondering if that is in my near future.

My experience is around 90k for replacement on the ball joints and front end components. Shocks can go longer but you you'll notice stiffness above 100k. Same with the Siverado 2500 we own and the 99 Yukon we owned. By 100k they need some TLC. Worth it though in for getting the added years of service. Right now we have a 2002 S-10, 2000 Chevy Express box truck, and the 2005 Silverado. All have had front end work. All in good servicable running condition and we keep them that way. Must be doing something right. ;)

It was the price of shock replacement items that were a real kick in the wallet. Our Suburban has air shocks. I'm sure magnetic ride items are probably even more $$$. We used GM OEM parts also. Aftermarket are available at much cheaper prices but our mechanic told us they won't ride the same. Do a parts price search just for kicks for your truck.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 17:38

vetteblondie Re: 25.VIII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Tee, prayers for your delivery dude.
Ya'll are good with the older trucks but on GM products be leery of 2019 and up. They're having lifter issues about 20,000 miles.
New Vettes still coming in with the fuel level sensor stuff according to Arron
Posted on: 2021/8/25 19:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 25.VIII.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Gris, glad the wife is doing better. Tommy that's a stiff bill but about right. And not surprising for that truck. The suburbans and Silverados all need front end work around that mileage. My buddy has a small lift and bigger tires on his Silverado and does the front end every other year.

Wife is still having complications from COVID all the way back in December. She has chest tightness and diminished lung capacity. She has an appointment with the pulmonologist tomorrow. Hope he has some answers.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/8/25 20:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Matt, I hope you can get some good advice and treatment on your wife's post covid complications. Sorry to hear about that.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 22:02

Ultraman Re: 25.VIII.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

F'n covid..... any chance we can get a class action suit against the Chinese? Might be a bit tough to get them to pay up though.....

Work work work.... has slowed down but now I'm out in the warehouse doing inventory..... did I ever tell anyone that I hate doing inventory.... about as bad as Teeb hate plumbing.... working on a new deal hopefully it will pan out.... more on dat later.....

been hot here with heat index and all..... but I am not complaining just stating facts....

Matt prayers for you bride on getting completely better....
Posted on: 2021/8/25 23:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

No word all day on the delivery driver.....then at about 5 my phone rings and it is him. Hospital released him and I met him back at the motel to give him his overnight bag. He said they did a ton of tests and finally decided that he was dehydrated terribly and that caused his BP to skyrocket....I guess that's what working in 107 degree weather gets you. He looked like a completely different person at 5 than the one I picked up and took to the ER at 8:15 this morning. I told him he could deliver my lumber tomorrow morning, as he wanted to unload it this afternoon when I brought his bag back to him, that he deserved to take it easy this evening.

I wonder about my pickup, as it doesn't ride like it used to.
Posted on: 2021/8/25 23:33

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 25.VIII.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Glad the delivery driver was ok, TB.

Thanks all for the well wishes.
Posted on: 2021/8/26 4:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.