Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Saturday 8-28-2021
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi everyone.
Just read up on the past few days, and it really goes to he!! When I’m
Not here!
Mat, I hope your wife is getting some good treatment and I hope she feels better soon.
Tee, I’m glad the driver only had dehydration. That’s bad enough, but a heart attack is even worse.
Letty, I don’t know how you put up with these people that you have to deal with. I once saw a sign in a guy’s office that said,
“Stress. It’s that feeling you get when you’re not allowed to choke the living spit out of some idiot that so desperately needs it.”

When I went to the Power Tour on Tuesday, I took a bunch of pictures.
However, the sun blinded the screen on my phone.
It was so bad I could only guess if I was getting anything.
As I’ve found, I’m about as bad a photographer as I am a plumber.
I’ve got a few that were “ok”, so I’ll try to get them to the right size and post them.
Have a good Saturday everyone.
Posted on: 2021/8/28 4:22

Ultraman Re: Saturday 8-28-2021
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Morning Bob, Is photography an art form or a science? If I get a well set up picture that makes the subject look like I want its was by accident....

Hot humid and a good day to have inside things going on...
our concrete guy is here forming up the new sidewalks that lead over to the new Greenhouse.... need to get the trailer load of stuff of my Mom's stuff unloaded and in the storage shed.

gotta go now more later....
Posted on: 2021/8/28 14:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday 8-28-2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Google is your friend. Whatever you want a good picture of google probably already has one. That's why I pretty much stopped taking pics on vacation.

We have an outside band dropping rain and gusty winds from the far outsides of Ida. Sue is doing a tent sale at a local gathering of vendors. As the weather coordinator here at home I informed her of the local weather radar thanks to weather.com. She should be good in an hour or two.

We just had the 29th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew. It made landfall on 8/24/92. Believe me when I say it's a night I will never forget. Destroyed my home. I hate hurricanes more than I hate plumbing. Had brushes with Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Wilma and Irma. Had flooding with Katrina and Irma and the and shingles ripped off by Wilma. Hurricanes are not my friend.
Posted on: 2021/8/28 15:38

Matatk Re: Saturday 8-28-2021
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Another hot and humid day here. I got the grass cut this morning but the sun was already beating down. Still, it needed to be done.

The Corvette is buttoned back up and seems to be running well without any hiccups.

I've also been tinkering with the TA. Lots of time spent grinding old ugly paint off the calipers and getting those cleaned up. New brake rotors and pads, as well. I've got 3 done, need to finish up the rear passenger side in the next day or two.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/8/28 17:37

GRIS Re: Saturday 8-28-2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7635 Posts

MATT, I HOPE THE WIFE IS DOING BETTER.

BACK FROM THE WEST, LOTS OF WINDSHIELD TIME, NOT TOO MANY DOVE.
I THINK TEE IS KEEPING THEM IN KANSAS. I EXPECT A RANSOM DEMAND ANY TIME NOW :-)

SO HERE'S HOW TO AVOID HIGH MEDICAL COSTS:

A man suffered a serious heart attack while shopping in a store.
The store clerks called 911 when they saw him collapse to the floor.
The paramedics rushed the man to the nearest hospital where he had emergency open heart bypass surgery…

He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of nuns at the Catholic Hospital. A nun was seated next to his bed holding a clipboard loaded with several forms, and a pen She asked him how he was going to pay for his treatment.

"Do you have health insurance?" she asked. He replied in a raspy voice, "No health insurance.”
The nun asked, "Do you have money in the bank?” He replied, "No money in the bank."
Do you have a relative who could help you with the payments?" asked the irritated nun. He said, "I only have a spinster sister, and she is a nun.”
The nun became agitated and announced loudly, "Nuns are not spinsters! Nuns are married to God.”

The patient replied, "Perfect. Send the bill to my brother-in-law."
Posted on: 2021/8/28 17:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Saturday 8-28-2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Hey guys, busy day. Got up and took the old Caddy (the one #2GS had before we gave him our 09) to have the tires from the old Pontiac GP that #1GS has been driving, but he wanted the Caddy...swapped. The guy we sold the Gran Prix to, is my mechanic, so he he said he'd swap the tires on his day off (today)....long story, but that's where my day went. While the Caddy was on the lift I found a couple more things that I need to fix... parts ordered.

Just back from Church....it has gotten hot again out there. Looking forward to a little drop in temperature they are saying is coming.
Posted on: 2021/8/28 22:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.