Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  1983
The year with no Corvette production. There is only one surviving 1983 Corvette. The one 1983 Corvette is in the National Corvette Museum, (NCM), in ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2021/8/31 12:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CorvetteBob Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

G’morning Gris!
Waiting on the doctor at a follow up, we’ll see what he says…
Have a great day!
Posted on: 2021/8/31 12:45

GRIS Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

A LITTLE COOLER THIS MORNING, HUMIDITY STILL GODAWFUL. HAD JUST ENOUGH RAIN YESTERDAY TO MAKE A MESS.

JOHN, IT MADE ME SAD TO SEE YOUR LITTLE BLUE CAR UP FOR SALE, HOPE YOU DON'T GET AS ATTACHED TO THINGS AS I DO.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY. FINISHED THE NEW ORLEANS BOOK, THAT WAS NOT THE WALKOVER I HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT; IT COULD HAVE EASILY GONE THE OTHER WAY. AND THE WEAKEST LINK WAS NOT THE RAW MILITIA BUT A SORRY REGULAR ARMY OFFICER.
Posted on: 2021/8/31 12:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

JOHN, IT MADE ME SAD TO SEE YOUR LITTLE BLUE CAR UP FOR SALE, HOPE YOU DON'T GET AS ATTACHED TO THINGS AS I DO.

Gris, I have plenty of other things to be attached to. The simple facts are that a) I wasn't driving it before my health challenges and b) it is not a car for someone who has had spinal surgery.

Posted on: 2021/8/31 13:20

teebee Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I was MIA yesterday. Not sure why, but I just never got on the computer. Weather here is "normal" for this time of year for us. Mid 60s for lows/start of the day, low to mid 90s in the heat of the day.

John the write up is very good, and, I believe, your interaction with the comments is a huge plus. Honesty is a big plus when people ask questions. If anything, I think you might be too critical of such a nice car.

Worked all day in the shop and have more work to do today.
Posted on: 2021/8/31 13:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

John, I saw the ad. Pictures look good. I was surprised that there was no mention of your ncrs awards in the description. But I'm glad you clarified that I'm the comments. I hope the car does well. Any estimate of selling price?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/8/31 14:30

vetteblondie Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

good morning yall.
I looked back through the days I missed, I recall posting Thurs and I think sat but didn't see them when I went back through. Been a busy weekend. Left work stressed Thurs, got up Friday went to the nursing home, left there and didn't stop running till that evening, Saturday we had a gathering in Hardy, AR (hour and half) with our Vette club members for monthly dinner cruise, home around 8, then tragedy hit. I was deleting emails from my phone and in MY Yahoo I hit "delete all" since it's junk mail only. Then ALLLLLLL my emails across 5 accounts disappearred. I recovered some but up till 11 pm with that. A lot of the work ones are gone, some important ones are here. I've sent a 'restore request' to Yahoo with fingers crossed. Sunday had some family over with a toddler to swim and that afternoon I was by my self and stayed in the pool with phone on silent. Arron worked the next town over on a side job, he got home around 5 so we just hung out together. Yesterday I tried to spray my hibiscuses with some mix I made and worked my way around the yard and apparenlty there's wasps in the end of the fence I didn't know about and they did not approve of my spray. A cloud of them came immediately after me and I dropped my shit and ran and literally hurdled over a rain bucket, two large hibiscus potted plants and the corner of a double lounger and jumped in the pool just like in the cartoons. I came back up to see a lot of them still circling around so I stayed there a bit. Showered, then ate lunch and rested with no intentions to do anything else. I ended up doing a 3.5 hour garage cleanout. Hoping for a quiet day at work Im stung all over, allgergies up from the cleaning dust, and just plain wore out.
We did get some rain the other night, quite heavy for a short bit then a nice steady rain for a couple hours. I have a friend's mom near Nettleton, MS that it was supposed to pass over, last I heard, they were fine and house was dry. I see a lot that didn't fare very well.
John, nice listing on BAT, great photos also.
Tommy, only hurricane I was ever in was Hugo and was out on a cruise ship when that came through, pretty rough. I can't imagine some that chose to stay for this one. They're likening it to Katrina. I saw the damage first hand from that one as my husband at the time worked Fema at Gulfport, he took me around. Very sobering. At least there's warning. We have tornadoes and those things show up out of nowhere, just drops down on you unexpected for the most part. We're always given 'warnings' but it's not like a hurricane where you have days to get out. Just put head between knees and hope for it.
Posted on: 2021/8/31 15:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

well, I found part of my thursday post, it appears to have been sent to one of my work email contacts. Geez. crazy days
Posted on: 2021/8/31 16:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I've got a headache. I've been searchingh for car parts online. Some don't show up anywhere. Drives me nuggin futs. One of the advantages of the old cars is the lack of electronics. I don't know how any of these new cars are going to last over a decade or two. The discontinued parts scenario I assume will be a nightmare. I'm finding some Porsche parts $$$$. Thankfully they are all minimal high tech. Sometimes I think of selling everything but the 87 911 and getting a newish or new Vette. Maybe if I took out the extended extended warranties I would be somewhat safe in the parts replacement realm.
The 90 is in the shop for a speed sensor check. I don't have a MPH reading and the car stalls when coming to a stop. Guess I'm getting a little tired of the failing parts game.
John, I think you made the right move in selling the 85.
Posted on: 2021/8/31 16:40

Matatk Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Letty - sounds like you need a vacation! Good luck with the emails.

Tommy, since you can't find parts for your cars and they are rendered useless I'd be happy to pay you scrap value for them all. I'll even pay to have them towed away to save you the burden
Posted on: 2021/8/31 17:37

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

John the write up is very good, and, I believe, your interaction with the comments is a huge plus. Honesty is a big plus when people ask questions. If anything, I think you might be too critical of such a nice car.

Thank you, Tom. BaT's generic write-up leans minus, and there was only so much of it I could get them to change. My plan is to continue to emphasize the positive, while making sure folks know exactly what they are bidding on. There are a lot of creampuffs for sale on BaT, and my 1985 is not a creampuff.

Posted on: 2021/8/31 17:38

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

John, nice listing on BAT, great photos also.

Thank you, Letty.

Posted on: 2021/8/31 23:53

Ultraman Re: THE DAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Ya...I even signed up to be on BAT...just what I need more temptation....

Busy at work getting ready for the selling season...which starts right after Labor day..... I actually thought about retiring the other day...... what's wrong wid me? Tommy ask Sue if she needs a staff agronomist.... someone to put on classes for the clients on how to keep their flowers looking their best.... or not.....

Well I was pissed before on this whole Afghanistan debacle but now I see they left some to Army dogs there and some outfit had to come in and rescue them...now that was the last straw..... that really pisses me off....

have a nice evening Guru's
Posted on: 2021/9/1 0:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.