Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I figured I had to start the chat early so Marcus doesn't snipe me again

Can't believe another month is over. I sound like a broken record when I say that but it's true.

Didn't get too much work accomplished yesterday. Hopefully I can finish up some chores today.

Tommy, glad the AC fix was an easy one.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/9/30 4:11

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:

Btw Mat, what kid of scanner did you use when you helped your friend?

I use an Autel MX808 tablet. It's a pretty comprehensive scanner and has live data, graphing, bidirectional tests, etc. The price has come down a bit since that model came out, you can find them around $400 online.
Posted on: 2021/9/30 4:16

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Saw this online and it gave me a chuckle.

Attach file:

png  Screenshot_20210929-224905.png (996.58 KB)
994_61553a56b9927.png 1080X2340 px
Posted on: 2021/9/30 4:17

CorvetteBob Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Thanks Mat. I’ll google it and take a look.
Otherwise, it’s looking like a good day here. I hope you all have a good one as well.
Posted on: 2021/9/30 11:46

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Matt, the stupid criminals jail themselves. lol Even the smart ones get caught eventually.

Returning to my weekly task list. Got a recall on my Suburban taken care of yesterday. I've only been getting notices for two years. Just find going to the dealership a PITA. Grinding out repair after repair till there are no pressing repairs left to deal with. Pressing being the key word. There is always something that needs fixed. It's only money, right?
Posted on: 2021/9/30 13:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

A SUNNY 69 DEGREES IN THE NATIONS, HUMIDITY 91%. :-0 STILL WAITING FOR THE RAIN---

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, MAYBE A QUICK RUN IN TO FT GIBSON, EXERCISE THE TOMATO, RESTOCK SNACKS. RUNNING LOW ON PEANUTS AND BUTTERFINGERS.

BE CAREFUL WITH THAT WELLER'S, UMAN, IT'S SO GOOD, EASY TO OVER DO. OF COURSE I KNOW YOU'D NEVER DEVIATE FROM THE STRICTEST MODERATION.

I HEAR THE WONDERDOG CRYING FOR HIS BREAKFAST, DUTY CALLS AND I MUST GO.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, GURUS!
Posted on: 2021/9/30 13:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...Another day in paradise. Cloudy, cool and a little bit damp...from a sprinkle last night. 51 now, upper 60s for highs.

I've got a few things going today.

Tommy, I know what you mean, I've ordered some parts for Grandsons' car, just got to keep things running right. It's tough being grandpa and dad (His father is MIA, not complaining, we really don't want him in the picture anyway)

Matt, Not only the month, but this year is flying by. Your picture was quite humorous....freaking crazy how the meth-head thinks...really is scary, because you know they don't think properly and will do anything to support their habit.
Posted on: 2021/9/30 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

This year has gone in a flash and I don't know where it went. Seems I've only got to be in our pool a couple of times, and never a whole day or a whole weekend at that. Now it's too cold really. Raining today but still warm outside. Crazy day at work already and I've only been here an hour. Rush jobs on crap then due to the rushing and (at least) 20 revises and last minute mess, they printed wrong size for one client. If they work, she'll get them for the smaller size price -fingers crossed. I told her already we cannot accommodate last minute orders at this time due to it being our busy season as well as difficulty getting materials. He has wrap installs lined up ahead of small jobs right now he won't pull off of and I don't blame him. Fleet work for two of our largest clients. I'm pulling my hair out in here.
Y'all have a good day, I might have to check on that whiskey mentioned for myself. He drinks beer or yager, I'm the whiskey sipper.
Posted on: 2021/9/30 14:58

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

....only for medicinal purposes Gris..... works great when you have a hangnail or eyelash winker or other such emergency....I am the picture of modest imbibing......

not feeling the best today so took a couple of days off from work. I slept in and now am feeling better.... raining here and cooler..... hopefully it will clear out so I can work on the Greenhouse this weekend.....

have a bountiful day in Marxist America Guru's..... it won't last forever.... woke is broke.....
Posted on: 2021/9/30 16:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Glad you're feeling better Gris. We all need a day of rest here and there. Except TB, he's retired.
Posted on: 2021/9/30 19:12

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Just celebrated(?) twenty years without an alcoholic beverage. I didn't quit becasuse I hated drinking. I quit because I loved drinking. Jack Black was my friend and often with beer chasers. I told myself I could take a few pops on my 70th birthday. I figure that's a milestone. But, you never know. I just might not want it. The doghouse is awfully hot in July.

Just becasue .....

Attach file:

jpg  Who gives.jpg (48.43 KB)
852_615612e901712.jpg 723X345 px

jpg  Who gives 3.jpg (62.46 KB)
852_615613231a364.jpg 300X300 px

jpg  Who gives 2.jpg (71.70 KB)
852_615613449ca9b.jpg 465X679 px
Posted on: 2021/9/30 19:43

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 09.30.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Matt, TB is busier than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest. I told the guy last night, who called me with a computer problem he needed help with, "I retired from teaching....not working". I think you'll figure that out some day, when you get old enough to retire, Matt.

Working on some kitchen design plans for acouple and while over there I got a call from one of my little old ladies who needed me to look at a problem. So I went over there and figured out a solution, then after lunch spent 4 hours cutting a big hole in the floor of her house, in a closet, so there is access to the crawl space...which was cut off by the HVAC guy running all his plumbing/venting through the existing space when he installed a new unit. Had to cut off a floor joist to make the hole large enough to get through, so that meant headering both ends of the floor joist where I cut it so the floor won't sag, now or over time. Had to go home and grab my 20 ton bottle jack to hold it up while I cut and got it headered off. then was able to replace the piece I cut out and turned it into a lift-out door. The lady told me when I was done, "I didn't expect you to be able to do the job this soon." I told her, It was just a fluke that I was able to come that quick, but that I was waiting for materials and it just worked out.

This evening went over to another job I have, to replace some laminate countertops and arranged to start that Monday. Back home to work on the cabinet bid for the couple.... finished that up about 9:30pm.
Posted on: 2021/10/1 3:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.