Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
225 user(s) are online (198 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 24 OCT 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

GOOD MORNING
Posted on: 2021/10/24 13:25

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 24 OCT 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY, BREEZY, 70 DEGREES AT 0838 HRS. WEATHER FORECAST IS SOMEWHAT IMPROVED, SO WE'LL VENTURE FORTH TO ARKANSAS THIS MORNING.

WENT FROM HEAT TO AC YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, PROBABLY BACK TO HEAT TOMORROW :-) OKLAHOMA WEATHER.

ALL THESE FLU SHOTS, I HAVEN'T BEEN SO INOCULATED SINCE MY FIRST TRIP TO VIET NAM.
UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS NOT IMMUNE TO GRENADE FRAGMENTS :-0

ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN, GURUS!
Posted on: 2021/10/24 13:47

Ultraman Re: 24 OCT 21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14724 Posts

morning Gris..... I am not understanding the reluctance of those in the armed services to get the vaccine.... they normally give them all kinds of shots especially when going overseas..... pretty sure I am right on this.... then why when they are told they are going to get another shot do they even care.... I mean an order is and order right? I know its political and in civilian life no one should make you get the shot if you don't wanna.... but this is different.... this is about being prepared to fight on a minutes notice anywhere in the world.... hard to do that when a large amount of service members are laid up with the Vid..... take the damn shot what the hell.....

I'm looking forward to the new Z06 reveal coming up soon... I think its going to be badass...... very fast and with a glorious cacophony of sound emanating from its engine.... to hell with EV's these are what cars are supposed to be...not just an extra appliance to keep plugged in...

thus ends my Sunday ruminations ..... keep your powder dry Guru's.... you are going to need it....
Posted on: 2021/10/24 16:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 24 OCT 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys, slept in this morning. and now just chillin'. Cool start but warming up nicely. Thinking we will go golf here in a bit.

Our friends called, they got the new panel installed. When they got the old panel off, they could see where the heat had charred the OSB sheathing to the point where if it had gone another 10 minutes (according to the utility company), the house would probably been on fire..... Somehow they dodged a bullet. But everything is repaired and back to normal and they are on the road back home.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2021/10/24 16:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 24 OCT 21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys,
Tee, it sounds like your friends got pretty lucky there.
When we were selling my dads house, we found his old, original panel was against code. Apparently “Federal Pacific “ had a large reputation for causing fires. Dad was lucky because his was mounted to the concrete basement wall. But when shown, I could tell it had been VERY hot.

Gris, I’m sorry you were injured in Nam. None of our generation deserved that. My BIL was an officer wounded twice by friendly heavy weapons fire.

I’ve got to say, I’m conflicted over the “boosters” or whatever they are. But those in the service may have a point. Most or all of the vaxxes they get are proven, not rushed to usage. That’s part of my concern over it. From the info I’ve seen, the man who’s credited with creating the MRNA protocols won’t take the vax. I’ve also gotten that from friends in the medical field. Until I learn why, or it’s positively debunked or credited I’ll delay my choice.

Fortunately the drama here has slowed a great deal. We had a meeting with a surgeon re taking my son’s appendix on Wednesday, but he hasn’t gotten back yet. Wife thinks we’re getting blown off.
Otherwise , I’m on half-days at work. It’s odd how I’m kind of glad to be back, but not. I think it’s because I’ve had a taste of the good life that’s awaiting…

Onward and upwards friends!
Posted on: 2021/10/24 17:52

vetteblondie Re: 24 OCT 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

Good evening, cool, must and breezy here in Panama City Beach. Got here noon yesterday, bike rally then to the condo. Sleep was much welcomed.
Tee your friends are lucky indeed. Bob, if you have the slightest negative vibe on surgery, get a second opinion/doc. I’d follow up with original to see wtf and go with my feelings. Best wishes on what you do choose.
My theory on the vaccine is that it alters your immune system. You normally have a natural broad spectrum immune system, but the vax allegedly alters that so that covid is targeted, thereby shutting off your immunity to other things . Also, previous vaccines were intended to obliterate whatever they were for, this merely helps with symptoms. And it was politicized to start with, dems including our own VP refusing for no other reason than it was a “Trump “ vaccine. Also, the same govt that told you to put ddt on your kid for mosquitoes, that mercury and margarine were safe and agent orange was a non- issue , lends itself to being non credible about this one.
Speaking of, grid so sorry about your service injuries. I have friends that were injured and one died of AO related cancer - prayers
Posted on: 2021/10/25 0:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 24 OCT 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
morning Gris..... I am not understanding the reluctance of those in the armed services to get the vaccine.... they normally give them all kinds of shots especially when going overseas..... pretty sure I am right on this.... then why when they are told they are going to get another shot do they even care.... I mean an order is and order right? I know its political and in civilian life no one should make you get the shot if you don't wanna.... but this is different.... this is about being prepared to fight on a minutes notice anywhere in the world.... hard to do that when a large amount of service members are laid up with the Vid..... take the damn shot what the hell.....

IT'S A DAMN STRANGE ARMY WHEN JOE NUMBNUTS DECIDES WHAT INOCULATIONS HE'S GOING TO TAKE.
Posted on: 2021/10/25 0:15

Matatk Re: 24 OCT 21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good evening CGs!

I woke up to rain which meant I couldn't cut the grass. Instead the dog got a bath and a haircut. This evening we've had non-stop heavy rain that will probably continue into tomorrow. Oh well.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/10/25 2:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.