Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
247 user(s) are online (220 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 23 NOVEMBER 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2021/11/23 13:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLEAR, CALM, 43 DEGREES IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A PRETTY DAY PREDICTED, HIGH OF 65.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY.

AS THE PRE-THANKSGIVING AT BIG DAUGHTERS WAS A NO GO WE WENT TO OUR FAVORITE CHINESE BUFFET IN MUSKOGEE FOR EGG ROLLS AND EGG-DROP SOUP. NO WAITING, WHICH IS BIG WITH ME, AND A NICE SELECTION. I'M ALWAYS STRUCK BY THE NUMBER OF GROSSLY OBESE PEOPLE AT BUFFETS, ALTHOUGH IT IS QUITE LOGICAL :-)

TEE, I DID YOUR PHONE TRICK YEARS AGO AND ACTUALLY WENT BACK AND FOUND IT BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD UNHARMED. THIS WAS BACK IN ANTIQUITY WHEN CELL PHONES DID NOTHING BUT TALK.
Posted on: 2021/11/23 14:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys, chilly here this morning, about freezing temps. Supposed to climb into the middle 70s today. Got my tools put away and ready for some work.

Posted on: 2021/11/23 15:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Good morning, had a post wrote and window closed by accident so lost it all.
Cold here too, but the sun is out hoping that helps some. Nursing home told me cousin is better but still has a long way to go. Came home last night to some of y'alls favorite activity : plumbing. The city sewer had issues during the night Sunday and yesterday morning Arron observed cleanouts overflowing. Midday, some clean water had leaked from commode, appears there's a seal gone bad. Turns out commode was loose and moved leaving a gap for water to escape. Not much but needs attention so last night we were R&Ring the commode for a new seal and flange. It appears the shitty builder just glued the other one in when it shoul've been bolted and it's all worked loose. The sewer backup exacerbated it I suppose. We will be doing all four bathrooms to avoid a future rehash of that. Fun night. Then Apple is seemingly messing with my devices to get me to upgrade, my phone in particular. Cloud photo upload dont work, Photo app and Image Capture on MAc dont' work, File Ex plorer plug in on PC dont' work nor does any other trick I try to use. Texing is wonky, I can't take photos of the moon anymore it's just a blur. I mean I know they can do this as they got caught jacking with batteries before so is it me or all in my head? Or them? Nothing went right last night.
Today first 5 mintues I'm here and done had someone get pissed off and walk out on me. He needs a logo, needs vehicle decals made, then we figure out he needs a logo designed, he don't have one so okay, logo job plus decal set. I start to ask questions to get a start such as colors he likes, styles he likes, has he seen anything of anyone else's he likes, does he have any ideas on what he's looking for? Does he like bold and colorful, or clean and simple, etc. He gets annoyed but is nervously giggling the entire time. Then he says he thought he could just give me his name and I just "do something" . Well, I can but he may not like what I like and it's not my business, it's HIS so I told him I need some input to make sure i"m headed in the right direction . afterall this is billed hourly so the better start I have the faster this goes and more likely he is to be happy. He just said "a logo with my name in it". Dude, that don't help me NONE. I din't say that but tried to gently prod him for information. I offer our art site for him to browse and said I will look for things as well, and that's when he got mad and left. Okay dude, eff you, I can't do something for you if you refuse to give me anything at all to go on. I can pull stuff out of thin air but like I said, you might not like what I like. I give up for today.
He also got annoyed at me when he did give me his name "Top Gun Hot Shot" to which I replied "cool, a gun range?" for which I had an immediate idea. No, he said it's a delivery service. So my mind starts trying to change gears . I give up, some people you just can't help. I wish him the best . Plus, I was right in the middle of something when he burst in here and just started yakking interrupting me, no knock no call ahead, nothing. No "excuse me" just walked right in with his mouth running disregarding the fact I was working on things for antoher client. LIke I'm supposed to be just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting on him.
Sorry for the rant, day off to a bad start
Posted on: 2021/11/23 15:56

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Skid steer bucket cylinder started leaking. I told Sue that maybe the hydraulic shop can rebuild them. She said no, they're old, just get new ones. Well they are 20 years old and two of them only cost $1500 shipped. What mama wants mama gets. Of course I had the pleasure of tracking down the parts. Found a set at Messicks. They've always been pretty good with parts and pricing for all kinds of equipment.

https://www.messicks.com/
Posted on: 2021/11/23 19:09

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

tee, we are getting to the age where putting something down for a minute can create a problem. I write all kinds of stuff down now,. If I flush the pond I write WATER on a piece of paper and put it by the stove lest I forget to turn the pump off. The other day I started the Corvettes to let them run for a few minutes. I forgot about them and the few minutes turned into a half hour. Who am I? Why am I here?

Posted on: 2021/11/23 19:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.