Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
223 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS SATURDAY 27 NOV
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

HOPE YOU ENJOYED YESTERDAY'S TRIP TO THE FUTURE :-0
Posted on: 2021/11/27 14:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY AND 42 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH 61 THE PREDICTED HIGH.

THANKSGIVING REGISTERED AS SUNDAY IN MY SCRAMBLED MIND SO YESTERDAY WAS MONDAY. BUT NOT REALLY---TODAY IS REALLY THE 27TH---REALLY :-)

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, MAY MAKE A RUN TO TULSA, OR NOT.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS!
Posted on: 2021/11/27 14:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Thanksgiving over and our Panama Canal trip is quickly closing in on us. The only real pain in the ass is we have to test for Covid within 48 hours of boarding. So the day before we head out I have to secure the test results. There are other minor onboard inconveniences but nothing we can't live with. (Like we have a choice.) Have a gureat day everyone.
Posted on: 2021/11/27 15:06

Matatk Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

The cold has really moved in and I don't think I'm ready for it.

Got my hopes up and went to look at another car yesterday. Seller was a sleezebag and sold it when I was 10 minutes away after driving for an hour (knowing I was coming). Go figure. Probably better off with that type of guy. Oh well.

Did manage to pick up a relatively rare 1946 catalog for my collection. So not everything is bad.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  20211126_233930_copy_1209x1612.jpg (514.01 KB)
994_61a24abc15c49.jpg 1209X1612 px
Posted on: 2021/11/27 15:12

Ultraman Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

...does it seem like there is a lot more atholizims around these days..... the amount of jerks out there are multiplying like rabbits ..... I'd have been pissed if that happened to me ya..... would want to introduce him to the fist of fury....

well went to the Husker game yesterday..... it was a great game for 3 quarters and then the wheels came flying off and we lost..... it's official now ... we are losers. damnation...

oh well there is always next year right?

got chores to do Guru's.... I had no idea Snap-on has been around that long..... huh.....
Posted on: 2021/11/27 15:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Keep your head up Marcus, always next year.

Snap-on was founded in 1920.
Posted on: 2021/11/27 15:58

teebee Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys...busy day yesterday, so I didn't make it here.

Thursday night I put on the GSs' CTS for sale on FB. Posted it about 10:30pm thinking I would post and "let it cook" 'til morning. Nope, within minutes I had responses, so with answering them, I didn't get to bed until about 11:30. When I got up Friday I had more responses and several who want to come look at it. By 8:30 I had one Lady and two of her sons come by. They looked it over, took it for a drive, then asked if that was my bottom dollar, and I told them, "Yes, I have lots of interest and think I'll sell it for my asking price." Mom said "OK, I had to ask, but I think your price is fair and we'll take it." So she came back in a few minutes with $2500 cash and I handed over the title. Then I had to go remove it from FB and notify a couple other people who were supposed to come look at it.

By then my two GSs were here and ready to help me in the shop. With those two helping, we got a lot done.

About 4 Rosie announces she wants to go to the 'city' and check out a couple BF sales. Well, I needed a couple things for the projects the boys and i were working on, so I told I'd go along with her. Didn't buy much, but we looked.

Got home and was going to try and catch up here, but an email came in "Think you for your Order" I checked it out and asked Rosie if she ordered something from WalMart. No why? Well, I looked closer, and they used our credit card and having it shipped to Wisconsin. Got onto our online account for WallyWorld and cancelled the order as Rosie called the CC company to cancel the card. I went to several of our other accounts to change the payments. Don't remember if I told you guys, last Wednesday (I think) MY CC was compromised and I had to cancel it, now her card. I put 2 and 2 together and figured out, the ONLY place BOTH of those cards were listed was our WalMart account. So this morning, I shot off a nasty note to them. Been busy, off and on, changing PW to all our accounts. What a bunch of sh!t. I need to notify several places of our CC delema, but, of course, they aren't open due to the holiday.

Hoping to get all that cleared up Monday and hoping my new card will be here in the mail and Rosie can hers' replaced at the bank.

I've had just about enough.

Posted on: 2021/11/28 0:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I hate credit card . The hackers and the skimmers and the scammers are all a PITA. Sorry you got taken tee. $2500 cars are hard to come by so to get one from a seller of your stature is a blessing.
Posted on: 2021/11/28 0:54

Ultraman Re: SATURDAY 27 NOV
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Yikes....hope those sunsabiches card sharks get what they deserve..... on the local crime front I had a newer 5" drop hitch with a new 2 5/16th ball get taken off the back of my work truck.... the set up was mine so had to go down and get a new set up today..... guess I won't leave that hanging out the receiver anymore..... get it all batten down it's only going to get worse.... Let's Go Brandon.....
Posted on: 2021/11/28 1:14

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.