Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone November Turdy 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2021/11/30 12:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: November Turdy 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

We decided this year we will go Christmas Lite. Not gonna break out a lot of X-mas stuff. Limited lighting. My two neighbors that were driving heavy yard competition have moved away so I am less motivated to put on a big show. We have a small fishing themed tree set up on the patio. Hanukkah has already started this year. We are leaving soon for the cruise so the deflated yard animals would only serve to kill the grass under them. Over the past year I have added lots of solar lighting in the front yard so it looks pretty all year round.
Yesterday I sent out the dogs to chase off the egret. I don't want them to kill it, just chase it off. Well they damn near caught it. Hopefully the egret will remember the scare and find new hunting grounds. A Great Heron is wreaking havoc in Sue's pond at the nursery. Put a major dent in her fish population. She's going to have to net the pond or do something more aggressive to run the heron off. The other day I chased the heron off and another heron joined in the pursuit trying to claim territorial rights no doubt. That about sums up the excitement in my life. Radically different than the excitement of 4 decades ago.
Posted on: 2021/11/30 12:55
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2021/11/30 13:14:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  2021.jpg (80.50 KB)
852_61a6234f59849.jpg 960X950 px
Posted on: 2021/11/30 13:12

teebee Re: November Turdy 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... 43 already here, but a cold front moving through will keep the temps down a bit from the 79we experienced yesterday, 'only' looking for low 60s....still about 10* above the norm.

My CC did not show yesterday, but I did get a couple places notified about the breach.

Those big fish eaters must be a real PITA for you Tommy.

I got my antennae delivered yesterday. Going to install it today (I hope). Going to cut the monthly TV costs. YoutubeTV has gone up again, and all we really watch on it is the local news, and we can get that using an antennae. About two months will pay for the antennae.

More work in the shop too.

Have a great last day of the month.
Posted on: 2021/11/30 14:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: November Turdy 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

good morning - cool here but will get back up to 60s today they say. Thursday and friday over 70 and sunny. I'd like to be off to enjoy it, matter of fact I might swap days if nothing much is going on around here. Oneta, my cousin in the nursing home is 86 today so went by there yesterday to take her a couple of gifts and cake. She's in good spirits and such but for some reason isn't wanting to get out of bed. they have her bedsore all healed up but she needs to get up some, laying on that one side isn't good for her. thanks to the new (to me) couch I'm about to shop for a new living room rug and new carpet shampooer, one that has an upholstery attachment for the sofa, still doing the deep clean around the house and not half done. Heck I'll never get done.
Y'all have a good day
Posted on: 2021/11/30 15:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: November Turdy 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

0800 APPOINTMENT WITH VA AUDIOLOGY IN MUSKOGEE; AS I PULLED OUT AT 0730 GET A CALL, TECH OFF SICK BUT I CAN DROP OFF HEARING AIDS. SO I GET THERE, PLACE IS LOCKED UP. THE RECEPTIONIST ARRIVES AND SHE CAN'T GET IN, HAS TO GO FIND A KEY. SHE KNOWS NOTHING. LEFT AIDS WITH HER; MAY NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.
TOTAL CLUSTERF--K!

WHAT A WAY TO START THE DAY. WE'LL GO TO OKC THIS AFTERNOON FOR #7 GRANDSON'S ORCHESTRA CONCERT. IT'S NOT TILL 1800 SO WE'LL PROBABLY SPEND THE NIGHT.

EXPLETIVE DELETED!
Posted on: 2021/11/30 16:02

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

tee, I put up two antennas here and cut Direct TV awhile back. Don't miss the cable a bit. We have local, Prime TV and Netflix. More TV than we can watch. With the Prime and Netflix comes to around $30 a month. Of course Miami and Ft Lauderdale offer more local station options than I guess you might have.
Posted on: 2021/11/30 16:55

vetteblondie Re: November Turdy 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I cut cable 10+ years ago, haven't missed it .I see enough on Netflix, hulu etc plus Arron has found some free channels but the commercials annoy me so I avoid those. For my local I might could use an antenna but don't as they live stream through their website and FB so I see what I need to that way.
Posted on: 2021/11/30 18:32

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: November Turdy 2021
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Hulu live is pissing me off......pay like 70 bucks a month and still gotta watch the ads..... wth..... most I watch is on Prime or Netflix.... cancelled HBO as long as I can watch Yellowstone every week I'm good...... the most non woke program on TV...... can I get an amen brother?

Sorry the VA is a mess Gris......let's go Branden.... we have to spend all the money on the poor illegal aliens so not much left for our soldiers ......

I don't know but them big birds are probably endangered or something Tommy.... wonder what they taste like......

gotta go.......
Posted on: 2021/12/1 0:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: November Turdy 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys....worked most of the morning on the chest for a local man to give his wife for their wedding anniversary, and then, while waiting for glue to dry, I started gathering the parts for the antennae install. The mounting post I purchased wasn't very tall, so had to figure out how to extend it. I had a piece of 3/4" conduit which was what the post is made of, even though it is powder coated. I was able to swedge the end down and insert it into the post and bolt it together. I needed to do this because the antennae I bought is 120" long and I need to get it up higher so it wouldn't lay on the roof. I got everything installed and the line run down to the splitter inside the house. Got it hooked up to the cable connection wires we had when we had cable. Ran a scan it found 20 channels. All 4 local majors, NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox plus 4 PBS channels MeTV and some other things. The quality looks like the streaming picture, so I'm happy and will cancel Youtube TV and save $70/month.
Posted on: 2021/12/1 2:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I don't know but them big birds are probably endangered or something Tommy.... wonder what they taste like......

Ya back in the late 1800's when bird feathers in womens hats were all the rage the feds and state passed bird protection laws. My dogs are great deterents but they also kill everything that runs or flies. Birds, rabbits, squirrels, lizards and an occasional rat. Thay almost nailed the egret the other day. I don't want to kill it. (It wants to be my friend. lol) It just likes my pond area and the availabilty of an easy meal. The heron at the nursery is a worse nuisance. It can empty a pond of fish within a matter of weeks or days for the small ponds. Beautiful birds with big appetites. They are big suckers.

Here is an interesting story.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/55 ... mericas-first-bird-warden
Posted on: 2021/12/1 4:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.