Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

SANTY CLAUS IS COMING---
Posted on: 2021/12/22 15:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS 34 ON THE FRONT PORCH, 56 FOR THE HIGH THEY SAY. PRETTY NICE, I SAY.

GOT OVER TO TAHLEQUAH EARLY FOR MY CHRISTMAS HAIRCUT. THAT'S THE LAST OF MY NON-FAMILY CHRISTMAS GIFTING.

STARTED TO TULSA YESTERDAY IN THE BUMBLEBEE AND GOT SPOOKED. IT SEEMED TO BE VERY SUBTLY SURGING AND HESITATING. DECIDED TO GO BACK HOME AND TAKE THE TRUCK. ON THE WAY BACK, WITH THE CRUSE OFF IT RAN JUST FINE. GOING TO TAHLEQUAH THIS MORNING IT RAN JUST FINE WITH THE CRUSE ON. YESTERDAY MORNING WAS VERY COLD AND I DID NOT WARM THE CAR AT ALL BEFORE I HIT THE ROAD. COULD IT BE THE CRUSE CONTROL NEEDED TO WARM UP? WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE---

"My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors."

Posted on: 2021/12/22 15:44
Edited by GRIS on 2021/12/22 16:12:51

TommyT-Bone Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Not holding many feelings toward Christmas, the celebration, this year. Really didn't get into the holiday spirit. The only gift I want is for the virus to magically disappear. Looks like that would take a miracle.
Posted on: 2021/12/22 16:15

vetteblondie Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Good afternoon - I'm not into the holiday spirit much at all either. My heart kinda wants to but the rest of me couldn't care less. Been a bit busy at the office, thefts of trailers and what not around here (a TOOONNNNN actually) have brought in a couple of new trailers for decal replacements, insurance jobs. My partial on the bus is 2/3 approved. He likes the sides so now for the front uppper and rear panels. Owner up here bought us all lunch so that's a plus. Shopping is done, groceries are bought, gifts are under the tree, and maybe I'll go to the gym later tonight. maybe not, I'm tired. Tomorrow night I'll make a couple things ahead, aunt still dont have power so I do have a ham and a couple things we can make a meal out of.
Posted on: 2021/12/22 18:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

TB, I'm always impressed by the description of your work. Good thing you're a real craftsman. Not too many of those left.

Gris, could be a vacuum leak causing the surging with the cruise control on.

Letty, lots of trailer thefts here, too. I guess it's just too easy. My buddy had two taken from behind his roofing business.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/12/22 21:33

TommyT-Bone Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One guy here has a GPS tracker on his trailer. He has recovered it twice. Those work on all kinds of items. Boats and off road toys to name two more.
Posted on: 2021/12/22 23:58

Ultraman Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Hi.....I think the GPS trackers are going to be the thing to have in the near future...... got a regular crime wave going on these days.......

gotta go test some of the stuff coming out of the oven....
Posted on: 2021/12/23 1:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys, another long day. Not as long as yesterday.....About the time I finished up yesterday, my replacement at school called me. He was trying to disassemble a machine (jointer) to get a replacement cutterhead, and couldn't figure out how to get it removed. So, I left the house and went straight over to help him. After about 2 hours we got it disassembled and out. In the meantime, another lady called me to ask if I could come by and install her new printer for her, she couldn't get it. So after leaving the school, I went over and got the printer installed... Not sure why, but the Xerox printers are a PITA to get installed and working properly. Finally, I got home about 8pm.

Today we got started assembling the base cabinets. While the boys assembled I installed drawer slides. I was thinking the tile setter wouldn't let us on the replacement tiles he set after we left yesterday, but he checked them and said we could set the base cabinets in the afternoon. So after lunch we went back and started setting the base. Everything was going well. until we got to the last cabinet and the spacing at the oven space was off a 1/2"... remember the issue with the upper cabinets and the well meaning carpenter? Well, that same 1/2" came back to bite us in the butt on the bases. So figured out how to fix that...at 5pm and came home to the shop to cut some special pieces and back. Pulled those three cabinets affected (cancelling about an hour and a halfs' worth of work) added the new pieces and reinstalled those three cabinets. Tomorrow, we'll try to finish up as much as possible ... should be mostly done after tomorrow. I do need to build a valance over the sink and now they want me to add crown molding, but that is above and beyond my original bid.

There have been a few trailers stolen around here too. the GPS tracker sounds like a pretty good deal. Tommy, I could get behind your wish for Christmas, come on miracle....
Posted on: 2021/12/23 1:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Not holding many feelings toward Christmas, the celebration, this year. Really didn't get into the holiday spirit. The only gift I want is for the virus to magically disappear. Looks like that would take a miracle.

MIRACLES ARE WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT :-)
Posted on: 2021/12/23 3:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.