Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
219 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone!
Posted on: 2021/12/24 11:50

CorvetteBob Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys.
It’s been a while since I stopped by. Nothing really happening other than a crummy work schedule and the usual load of daily negative little junk. None of it amounts to anything but it’s just junk.
We did get a new union contract voted in. That’s in a shop that’s closing in a reported two years. I’ll be out before then, but the way it’s written shows they don’t anticipate being there in 2023 at all.

On a more fun item. In 2013 I lost my job and felt I needed to do what was best to cover health in$urance, and sold my 88 coupe. A couple weeks ago I let curiosity get the best of me and began searching for the car.
I found it.
The car is currently in Little Rock, Arkansas and after speaking to the owner is available to me. Initially, I was going to go get it. But after a very distracted 24 hours I had to call the man back and decline. Again, that feeling of doing what’s best for the family.
I’ll live.
You might be wondering why I’ve not said anything regarding Christmas.
I guess it’s celebration has changed to the point where I just don’t like it much anymore. But here’s what I do like, I like that the hope granted to us each and every day through Jesus Christ gives me the ability to face the junk thrown at me every day. His peace given to me allows me to fall asleep without fear of the coming day. And, the the ability given to me to continue caring about friends and strangers alike is still with me.
Have a wonderful Christmas my friends, and may the coming new year be filled with blessings for you and your families.
I’ll let you know if I end up going to Little Rock.
Posted on: 2021/12/24 12:22

GRIS Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT, Y'ALL---

COOL AND CLEAR IN THE NATIONS, WILL BE WINDY TODAY.
WE'RE PREPARING THE HOUSE FOR THE DESCENT OF THE HUNGRY GOTHS AND VANDALS, AKA KIDS, GRANDKIDS. AND GREAT-GRANDSON. FOUR GENERATIONS UNDER THE SAME ROOF, MAY HAVE TO TURN OFF MY HEARING AIDS :-)

EAT, DRINK, AND BE OF GOOD CHEER, FOR CHRISTMAS COMES BUT ONCE A YEAR!
Posted on: 2021/12/24 14:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys... Mid 40s already, that's 'normal' temps for this time of year, so we're going to soar well above that today, predicting low to mid 70s.

No work scheduled for today, just an oil change in GS #2s car, so he'll be good to go when he heads back to K=State next month.

Later on, we have Christmas eve church service then #2 and her brood will be here (includes SIL, GSs 1-3, GS #1s Wife and GS #2s GF).

I guess I have a different outlook on Christmas... I believe in in the hope that comes from it. I meet and work with people who are GOOD people and believe that Jesus will eventually take control. If we maintain our direction we will end up on the right side.

I wish, all my friends here, a wonderous, happy, joyous Christmas and a New Year filled with good health and all the great things life offers.
Posted on: 2021/12/24 14:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate. Never have been much into the commercial Christmas slant. More about friends, family and the hope that Christmas brings. Joy to the world.
Posted on: 2021/12/24 16:26

Matatk Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Upper 40s here and no snow. Not exactly a white Christmas.

Taught two classes last night. Master instructor is pretty excited about me getting involved and it helps take some of the stress off of him. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, too, so it's mutually beneficial. I like helping the kids.

Christmas Eve dinner later at the outlaws along with some presents.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve!
Posted on: 2021/12/24 18:35

vetteblondie Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Good evening y’all. Warm here today, misted this morning and sun came out later but windy.
Bob Little Rock 2.5 hours from me, we flea market there some. I do hope you get your car back. Recent events here have suppressed my holiday spirit, but I try to make the most of things. I finally put up a small tree and did have nights outside. The tornado turned my shopping weekend upside down but managed to get out and get stuff for people. Bought a dinner or two, coffee for 50 volunteers , and helped my aunt and cousin out with things since they’ve been without power till yesterday. Made us a small Christmas dinner and leftover (7/8 of it) will go to my aunts tomorrow, I’ll go to nursing home first , then his aunts then mine then home. Hope you all wake up to a wonderful Christmas
Posted on: 2021/12/25 1:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

THE GOTHS AND VANDALS HAVE DEPARTED, LEAVING A TRAIL OF TORN WRAPPING PAPER AND BOWS BEHIND THEM.

UNFORTUNATELY WHAT THEY DIDN'T EAT THEY CARRIED HOME WITH THEM. I CAN SURVIVE HOWEVER, BABY DAUGHTER LEFT ME SOME RUM CAKE AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS HALF A BUTTERMILK PIE :-)

IT WAS A GREAT GET TOGETHER. YOGI THE GREAT WAS THE STAR OF THE SHOW; HE CAN STAND UP BY HIMSELF AND JUST ABOUT READY TO WALK. MOMMY WILL HAVE HER HANDS FULL THEN. HE IS A CONTENTED BABY, DOESN'T FUSS UNLESS HUNGARY OR THWARTED. DEFINITELY ONE OF US.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE AS MERRY A CHRISTMAS AS I.
Posted on: 2021/12/25 3:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Merry Christmas Eve! 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Nice church service, then the gang here to eat. Good to have all of them together....would have been even better if we would have had the whole group, but that wouldn't work too well in the house only nine here and it was pretty full...can't imagine if we'd have 12 more....

I hope, all of you, have a great Christmas Day. We will be off pretty early to Rosie's dads place for a gathering of her side tomorrow.
Posted on: 2021/12/25 4:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.