Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS FRIDAY THE 14TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

HI---

Attach file:

jpg  MIRROR.jpg (21.54 KB)
12496_61e186ab6e1a8.jpg 341X253 px
Posted on: 2022/1/14 14:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLOUDY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, GONNA BE WINDY TODAY, THEN RAIN/SNOW TONIGHT AND TOMORROW. OH JOY, NASTY WHITE STUFF.
DON'T THINK IT WILL AMOUNT TO MUCH THO---

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, LOOKS LIKE A TWO NAP DAY. DARLING WIFE GOT ALL THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS DOWN AND PACKED UP, WAITING FOR THE NEIGHBOR BOY TO COME BY AND PUT THEM UNDER THE HOUSE. THE PLACE LOOKS BARE :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEE!
Posted on: 2022/1/14 14:28

teebee Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys, not rushing around this morning, as the she-shed project is done and the weather will be a changin'.

Wind picks up today and brings cold temps tomorrow. Been gorgeous, but it is winter, so should expect the cold.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 14:48

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good morning CGs!

Happy belated birthday, TB.

Seems like everyone is keeping busy.

Tommy I think it's a good idea for your stepfather to consolidate things. I'm not anywhere near that age and I sometimes think about what my kids will have to do to get rid of all of the junk I've accumulated over the years.

On the topic of houses and investing I've decided to move some money around. I'm going to close a couple of CDs that weren't doing anything and just pay them straight towards my mortgage balance. I'll save more in one month on mortgage interest than I made all year in CD interest. I've always been a saver not an investor so I'm trying to diversify things with the way inflation is going. I already have some retirement accounts and whatnot so I'm trying to put some more into those. That's the plan, at least.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/1/14 16:15

GRIS Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

MATT, ONE OF THE BEST FINANCIAL MOVES I EVER MADE WAS PAYING OFF THE HOUSE WHEN I HAD A CHANCE. THE INCREASE IN DISPOSABLE INCOME WAS SECOND ONLY TO GETTING THE LAST TWO KIDS OUT OF COLLEGE :-) DEBT IS INSIDIOUS AS A TAPEWORM.

THE ELECTRIC CO-OP IS TRIMMING TREES AND PUT OUR LIGHTS OUT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. THEIR EQUIPMENT IN FASCINATING: A GIANT SELF-PROPELLED POLE SAW AND AN ON THE GROUND WOOD CHIPPER FOLLOWING ALONG BEHIND. THIS IS LONG OVERDUE.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 18:21

bogus Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

We are in no position to pay off our house, but... it has nearly doubled in value since we bought it 10 years ago. Gotta love the totally insane SoCal housing market.

Thanks to that, we are, on paper, millionaires... the emphasis is "on paper".

Not much going on... traffic near the office was insane. Trucks were backing up the cross street, making getting in crazy!!

Last night, a firetruck was down the street. Don't know why, just hope everyone is ok.

Quiet weekend ahead. Need to run some errands tomorrow, nothing big tho.

Eagles are playing the Buc's on Sunday. Somehow, they got their shit together and made the playoffs. Making it was amazing, if they can win this game, it would be a near upset.

Weather? Warm today, 72 outside... but windy and rain is in the forecast for the weekend. I would love to get the Vette washed. It is rather icky looking... it's been since November, thanks to our own weather. It has this nasty brown sheen of mud all over it.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 19:34

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
MATT, ONE OF THE BEST FINANCIAL MOVES I EVER MADE WAS PAYING OFF THE HOUSE WHEN I HAD A CHANCE. THE INCREASE IN DISPOSABLE INCOME WAS SECOND ONLY TO GETTING THE LAST TWO KIDS OUT OF COLLEGE :-) DEBT IS INSIDIOUS AS A TAPEWORM.

If you ask the financial "experts" you should take that extra money and put it into a mutual fund or index making 12% and then in 30 years you'll be ahead blah blah blah. We have an extremely low interest rate in my opinion, 2.75%. Compare that to the mortgages of the '80s at 10 or 12% and it's insane. But paying off your mortgage early is a huge psychological benefit in addition to the savings in interest. We've always made extra payments, just looking to supercharge that a bit since we're finally in a position to do so. This won't happen overnight but I'm looking to pay it off in the next 5 years hopefully instead of 11.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 20:09

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
it has nearly doubled in value since we bought it 10 years ago.

Wow. 10 years already? I've been here 10 1/2 years as well. I remember when you came to my old house that we lived in for 28.

Matt, I was right along with you in the pay off the house bit. I retired after the house was paid off. One less expensive burden. Had a short term loan when we moved here but paid that off quickly. No debt was the mission. Mission accomplished.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 21:03

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Oh ya, heading to the Keys tomorrow for a week. I'll check in if I can.
Posted on: 2022/1/14 21:05

bogus Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:
it has nearly doubled in value since we bought it 10 years ago.

Wow. 10 years already? I've been here 10 1/2 years as well. I remember when you came to my old house that we lived in for 28.

I remember the old house! That's been a long time ago, now... gee...

Posted on: 2022/1/14 22:01

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

teebee Re: FRIDAY THE 14TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, We were able to pay off the house while I was still teaching. Then during my first year of retirement, we paid off the Corvette, which put us out of debt. We were able to put some money away. Today we just have our monthly bills to worry about, but with SS and our other retirement allows us to live ok, but The biggest thing was paying off the house.
Posted on: 2022/1/15 4:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.