Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
241 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z16
Also known as the Grand Sport.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, fr...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

G'mornin.
Posted on: 2022/2/19 14:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Got the appliances unpacked, installed and up and running. Tore down the boxes and got them into recycling or the trash can. Heading to the bank this morning and then I'll pick my chore. Thinking of cleaning and general organizing of my tool sheds. One in particular that needs it bad. Sue's having a rough go with the foot. 2 1/2 weeks now. Swelling is still present, discoloration and of course, pain. She has been taking it easy on the foot but looks like it's going to be another month or more before it gets some moderate use. Woke up feeling a little sad. No reason just a little sad. Thought about it for a minute and came up with a replacement thought about how fortunate I really am. South Florida is one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country right now. One neighbor sold their home and got 30k over original asking price. My other neighbor that built a beautiful 2 bay garage and has a storage area next to it covering his travel trailer and utility trailer. They totally redid the house and upgraded it, landscpaped it and fixed it up real nice. They got a divorce about a year ago. She moved away to Key Largo to a home she inherited. He kept the house next door. His realtor had him put a high over market price on it. It had a contract in less than two weeks. So, back to me. We got this house almost 11 years ago. Got it for a great price at auction. Our house is now worth about 3 times what we have into it. Maybe more. Our taxes are protected and can only go up no more than 3% per year. There is no way we could afford to buy this house today. We have no plan on leaving anyway. My morning malaise was replaced with gratitude. I realize just how lucky or blessed I am. So with that, it's time to shower, get dressed and head to the bank. I really need to drive one of the cars today.
Posted on: 2022/2/19 14:32

GRIS Re: Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

TALL COTTON, TOMMY :-)

CLEAR, CALM, 39 DEGREES, PREDICTED HIGH OF 58. LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY DAY AHEAD. NEXT WEEK THEY SAY WILL BE DREARY AND WET, I SHOULD "MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES"---BUT AIN'T GOT NO HAY TO MAKE.

OPEN AGENDA TODAY. SLEPT IN TILL 0730, THE SUN WAS UP BEFORE I WAS! I'D STILL LIKE TO GO SEE THE OKMULGEE GRANDKIDS BUT DARLING WIFE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE GOING.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS!
Posted on: 2022/2/19 15:02

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys… chilly this morning, 21, but they say it will hit the upper 30s.

Lots of activity here this morning, all the kids are here. The two still in school (6th grade and sophomore in HS) and the two in college all around. The 2in college came home to see the soph. In the school play (she has one of the leads) we all went to the play last night, very proud of her.

While we are at the play, #2, the one that lives back home, sent a text saying call when the play is over. So we did. Her and her husband had driven to Colorado Springs, as he bought a pickup. He kept his old one so #2 drove him out. On the way back, they stopped to a pee break, and #2 got off the pot and the key to her car fell out of her pocket into the toilet and when she turned around the auto-flush, flushed it down the drain. She asked us if I had the second key, “No, you never got it made” I told her when she bought the car, to have the second key made. Anyway, the car is sitting an hour and a half away from home and she is trying to get that figured out. No locksmiths in that town have the capabilities to make a new one, the local one wants to charge $500 to go and do it….after she gets the key code from the dealer, who may or may not be open until Tuesday, because of the holiday. She just called and they have located a trailer and will go get it and at least save the cost of the key guy having to drive out to Colorado. #2 has the worst luck.

We will go see #3 today.

I hope your day goes better than my daughters……
Posted on: 2022/2/19 15:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Geez....that sounds like something I would get into....feel sorry for her.... the other day I was getting lil Red filled up down at Casey's when I got a phone call.. I was trying to get the pump started and talk and had the CC in my hand so told the caller to hold on. So got the pump going and sat in truck and talked.. It was an important call so could not just put it off. Call ended as I put the pump handle back and I got in the truck and took off down the street.

I got about a half mile away and started to park when a City truck pulled up and asked me if I was how I am and I said yes and then he hands me my wallet and said that fell off the pickup bed when I went around a curve. yeah...... I cannot even imagine how bad that would have been .... makes me sweat just thinking about it.... my fault but just glad we live in a place where honesty is still in stile ....

Sunny and in the high 40's here and 60's tomorrow..... Keep the faith Guru's...
Posted on: 2022/2/19 16:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Two wallet incidents in Hard Rock. In a bathroom Sue pulled down her shorts to take care of business. Her wallet fell out to the floor. When she went for her wallet 5 minutes later she discovered it was not there. She went back to the restroom and the wallet was in the toilet minus the cash she had in it. Everything else was there so I guess that can be considered a good thing. Next incident, we were at the Deep Purple concert and once again her wallet fell out of her shorts to the row behind us. Fortunately the guy sitting there was a retired cop. He asked her if she was Susan and she said yes. He said " I found this on the floor. I told Sue she needs to get a waist pouch. Marcus, I'm starting to worry about you. First the scam. Then the wallet.

Posted on: 2022/2/19 17:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

The 928 won the toss. I need to blow her out a little anyway. Get some fuel pushed through the system. She's a little loppy. It was a fun drive. Always is.
Posted on: 2022/2/19 17:16

vetteblondie Re: Yup! It's Sad Turd Day 02.19.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Good evening - must be something in the water, sounds like y'all are having the same kinda luck as me. Sorry to hear Sue's foot isn't well yet and Marcus glad you got that wallet back. Folks here aren't that honest at all. Tee that key thing I have done before. Local dealer took care of it, not bad price but not good either. Another time I had just got groceries, milk, meat, frozen stuff the works and shut the deck lid to the Vette and realized my keys were in there. In the worst spot. usually you can shake the car but not this time, they were in the back and that didn't work. Arron was working out of town and had to drive almost an hour to rescue me, my stuff was okay somehow, although it was nearly 100 out that day.
Today has been challenging. Well this whole last 2 months has been with her in and out of the hospital . I have had a drill tear up on me today, my new blender, a glass windchime outside break, I've spilled crap, ran into shit, it's been a day. And last night Arron tells me he's so angry at work that he's gonna quit and open up a shop. And I just had the cousin's house deeded to me so there's that new headache. I'm beyond stressed. I just grabbed myself a last minute $200 gift certificate to a massage place for about three hours of me time next Friday if something else don't fall apart.
Y'all have a good night
Posted on: 2022/2/20 1:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.