Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman It's the 25th of Feb....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

What up homies....?
Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Huskerland
14734 Posts

a buddy of mine across the section bought a high end 55 Cheby down in Nashville and just so happened to sell his 57 to a guy that lives up around Bowling Green Ky. So we loaded up his 57 in my car trailer with the LQ pulling it with his Duramax and hit the road Tuesday Morning. Drove straight through to Bowling Green in 14 hours with good roads and warm temps the further south we got. Spent the night camping out in the trailer with the furnace keeping us warm.

Dropped the 57 off early on Wednesday and the guy paid in 100 dollar bills... it was an impressive stack of bills.... we then proceeded to head to Nashville to pick up the 55. After doing that we fueled ourselves up at a Cracker Barrel
and took a look at the weather and it was not good so we saddled up to head north in the hopes of getting ahead of the coming storm.

We did good till we got to Paducah Ky and then ran into rain and then sleet and then all the above... what a mess and we drove in that all the way St. Louis.... hey it's what you gotta do when chasing classic cars....

Got colder the further north we got and ran out of the ice and crap at St. Louis so drove on up to Hannibal Mo. and intended to camp out in the trailer that night...it was 14 degrees with a wind and we tried to get comfortable in the trailer but the furnace was not designed to keep up in that kind of weather so after a 2 hour cat nap we gave up and got a couple of big hot coffee's and hit the road... this was like at 2 am...... not much traffic on US 36 at 2 am.... cold but roads were clear and we pulled on home getting here at 6:45 on Thursday morning. Probably will not attempt that again soon..... 1900 miles in like 47 hours and change... but the 55 car is amazing..... so it was worth it right?

stay locked and loaded Guru's
Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:25

teebee Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys... It's Friday, I guess. another chilly start, 7 now, but headed to the upper 30s.

A little work in the shop is on tap. A delivery is supposed to be made today... my butcher block countertops that were ordered 6 weeks ago. 800 lbs worth.

Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14734 Posts

Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:32

Huskerland
14734 Posts

here is that Lil Red pickup that we have had forever and I had it painted and the frame cleaned up and painted black...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corve ... 0485c82ab2cbe04fe0263.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corve ... ff260637839aa08cb4a47.jpg
Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:40

GRIS Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

HELL OF A TRIP, MARCUS---LIKE THAT PICKUP!

20 DEGREES AND THE SUN IS SHINING, 34 THE PREDICTED HIGH. HOPE THE ROADS CLEAR OFF WELL BEFORE WE GO OVER TO OKMULGEE THIS AFTERNOON---

THE UKRAINIANS ARE FIGHTING BACK, LIKE THE TEXIANS AND TEHANOS AT THE ALAMO, WITH ABOUT THE SAME PROSPECTS. SEEMS DICTATORS ARE ALWAYS PRONE TO HUBRIS. FRANCO WAS ONE EXCEPTION THAT I CAN THINK OF.

CLARIFICATION FOR THOSE WHO DON’T READ HISTORY: THE KIEVAN RUS, A SCANDINAVIAN, MOSTLY SWEDISH, SETTLEMENT IN THE 9TH / 10TH CENTURIES WERE, IN FACT, ONE OF THE WELLSPRINGS OF THE RUSSIAN NATION, RESPONSIBLE, AMONG OTHER THINGS, FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE EASTERN ORTHODOX RATHER THAN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

THE UKRAINIANS DID, IN FACT WELCOME THE GERMANS IN WWII. AFTER STALIN HAD STARVED MILLIONS OF THEM TO DEATH ANYTHING LOOKED BETTER THAN COMMUNISM.

AN ARMED UKRAINIAN RESISTANCE CONTINUED TO FIGHT THE REDS LONG AFTER THE END OF WWII.

PUTIN WANTS HIS OLD EVIL EMPIRE BACK.

INTERESTING TIMES INDEED!
Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:45

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One thing I've noticed around here is apparrently nobody knows their age. Everybody does stuff like they're 20-30 years younger.

Today I plan on sealing some areas on the box truck. It has a sneaky rain leak somewhere so I'm going to attempt so patch areas that may be responsible.That means I'll be going up on a ladder. I thought I read somewhere that older men should stay off of ladders. Well, lets hope I can seal the leaks and stay out of the ER. Like most men I have a tendency to ignore any suggestions passed on by the medical community.

I wouldn't like to have a car that clean underneath Marcus. I wouldn't want to get it dirty.
Posted on: 2022/2/25 14:56

vetteblondie Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Very sharp car Marcus! and yes a heckuva trip and yes, worth it.
Worked from home yesterday, managed to get a layout done on a shuttle van for the stealership that Arron works at approved. He brought me to work today and took my car as I still didn't feel too comfy out in it. Most roads are pretty clear but still. All it takes is one idiot or one small patch of ice to send me sailing. I've drove a Vette on ice before and swore then it was my last go at it.
I'll sit in here at the office till around noon then head to the nursing home to visit her, and then have a care plan meeting at 2. I have a ton of crap typed up and 65 photos to take with me and plan to leave my religion at the door when I go in there.
Still cold here but warming up and the sun supposed to be out so hopefully the rest of this ice garbage will go away. My tall evergreen trees whatever theyre called have had it, theyre all bent over I hope I can get them to recover. I was told to let ice melt, then get out there with bungees and cinch them all back up together and leave them for the rest of the year and give them a fertilizer stick.
Posted on: 2022/2/25 15:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that older men should stay off of ladders.

THAT'S WHAT #1 SIL, THE ORTHAPOD TOLD ME. SAID HE GOT TIRED OF FIXING BROKEN OLD MEN :-)

SLICKER'N OWLSHIT OUT THERE. IF YOU HAVE TO WALK ON ICE, THESE THINGS WORK:

https://yaktrax.implus.com/products/traction/yaktrax-pro-ice-shoes

GET SOME; SAVE YOUR ASS---
Posted on: 2022/2/25 16:06

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Huskerland
14734 Posts

...I agree Tommy T.... a nice gloss black or something would work better for me... but it won't be a garage queen or trailer potato.... he buys them to drive them. He does have a lift in his shop so I will probably catch him waxing the 55's frame at some point.... to much work for me ya....
Posted on: 2022/2/25 16:22

TommyT-Bone Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Guess what almost happened. Guess. I was working on my gravel driveway. I put the ladder up and ascended onto the roof of the box truck without issue. I went to climb down and the ladder slid back on the gravel. My torso was over the box top so my legs were dangling over the side. The ladder was still leaning against the truck. I lifted the ladder and the open catch just slid the top half of the ladder up.This ladder doesn't have a locking catch. I got the ladder adjusted and increased the angle and climbled down. I kicked away the gravel and put the ladder legs on solid ground then finished the job. That was a close one. Would have been about a 10 foot drop to the gravel. Fortunately I had taken sky diving classes years ago so in the event of a fall I would have engaged a PLF. Parachute landing fall, too spread the impact over my body. Good thing that didn't happen. Ladders, or maybe the people that use them, are dangerous. No , that won't stop me from climbing ladders but I'll think about it a little more before I climb it.

By the way. I quit skydiving after my third jump. I jumped 3 times and got two injuries. Decided that wasn't for me. My left knee still bothers me today from the impact it took 46 years ago. A strong wind grabbed my chute and slammed me into the ground. It was one of the old round chutes. T-28 I believe. Not the fancy rectangular ones they use today.
Posted on: 2022/2/25 22:27
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2022/2/26 2:55:44

Matatk Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs

I was not expecting snow yesterday but we got a few inches anyway. Screwed up the roads pretty good. And today the sun came out and 90% is gone. Go figure.

Marcus, sounds like a good trip. Digging that new tri-five but I'd say it's begging for a fuel injection swap.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/2/25 23:17

Huskerland
14734 Posts

I don't know Matthew..... when that 4 BBL kicks in it sounds like the good old days..... but I know everyone is switching over to them.....
Posted on: 2022/2/26 0:40

teebee Re: It's the 25th of Feb....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys, delivery made it here, I got the tops down to the shop... they are beautiful! I need to get over to the 'city' and make my own templates for these tops.

Looked at a 16' flat bed trailer today ... pretty sure I'm going to buy it. have needed a trailer more times than I can count and have always had to borrow one. Mainly because I've never had a place to store one when not in use... the storage shed is now a perfect place for that. I'll have to figure a way to 'secure' the trailer while there. The yard is fenced and has a large gate to access it and I've got a lock on the gate, but all that will just deter honest people.

Made it up to mid 30s today, felt like going out and sun-tanning. Tomorrow into the 50s and then the upper 60s and low 70s through the end of the week.
Posted on: 2022/2/26 3:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.