Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2022/3/15 12:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

50 DEGREES AND A HEAVY OVERCAST THIS MORNING, 67 THE PREDICTED HIGH. THE RAIN FORECAST FOR LAST NIGHT DID NOT MATERIALIZE.
SUNSHINE TOMORROW, THEY SAY. PROMISES, PROMISES---

TODAY'S AGENDA: TO MUSKOGEE FOR BIRDSEED, LOOK FOR RAWHIDE BONES FOR TROUBLE. HAVE NOT FOUND ANY MORE OF THE GIANT ONES THAT LAST HIM A WEEK.

IT SEEMS ENERGY INDEPENDENCE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH GLOBAL WARMING PIPE DREAMS. (IT'S NOT TOBACCO IN THAT PIPE)

AM SEEING SOME FAINT SIGNS OF SPRING, BUT THE JUNCOS ARE STILL HERE, SO I'M TRYING NOT TO EXPECT TOO MUCH BEFORE TAX DAY. SPEAKING OF WHICH, TAX STUFF IS ALL IN THE HANDS OF THE ACCOUNTANT, A RELIABLE ONE, NOT LIKE LAST YEAR'S JERK.

TOMMY, I READ THAT PEOPLE WERE OFFERING URBAN IGUANA SAFARIS IN YOUR AREA USING AIR RIFLES. INADEQUATE AIR RIFLES IT SOUNDED LIKE, OR MAYBE IT WAS THE SHOOTERS THAT WERE INADEQUATE :-)

THERE ARE BETTER DAYS TO BE, AMIGOS!
Posted on: 2022/3/15 13:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

appreciate the encouragement Gris.... in this country its all about the economy..... remember... It's the Economy, Stupid! that the Dems were yelling at the Republicans back oh so long ago...the was uttered by James Carville for Clinton as they went on to unseat George H W Bush in 92.... hell that was 20 years ago now.... so can we use it on Brandon now? I would hope so...

Sunshine and 65 degrees here in flyover country.... things are starting to look up around here...I did see a Robin yesterday...an advanced Recon team I'm sure..... better get the mowers in for a tune and get ready for the mowing season....

Looks like I have the Grand Sport sold.... waiting on money to clear.... it ain't over till its over.... nothing moves until the bank says ok...... keep trying to do your best Guru's
Posted on: 2022/3/15 13:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Looks like I have the Grand Sport sold … waiting on money to clear … it ain't over till its over … nothing moves until the bank says ok.

Wait … what?

Posted on: 2022/3/15 14:56

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I'm impressed with the withdrawl of international corporations and busnesses in Russia and the effect it has on the masses. Methinks major changes in the current culture are having the desired effect. I want my Egg McMuffin dammit. Why is the gawdam Starbucks closed? Who's messing with my internet? We become so accustomed to to having and being able to do certain things till the opportunity is lost. Then ..... "There is a shift in the Force."

I'm aching all over. This weather is kicking my ass. Not a big fan of hot but I do better physically when it's warm to hot outside. Just have to deal with the sweat.

Attach file:

jpg  sons-of-arthritis-ibuprofen-chapter-t-shirt-1.jpg (53.05 KB)
852_6230ab733d882.jpg 700X371 px
Posted on: 2022/3/15 15:06

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Looks like I have the Grand Sport sold … waiting on money to clear … it ain't over till its over … nothing moves until the bank says ok.

Wait … what?

Appears Marcus is like a butterfly. He likes flying from flower to flower. Newer truck, motorcycle, old Cheby, (travel trailer?) Apparently he fulfilled his need for speed.
Posted on: 2022/3/15 15:11

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Wait … what?

Appears Marcus is like a butterfly. He likes flying from flower to flower. Newer truck, motorcycle, old Cheby, (travel trailer?) Apparently he fulfilled his need for speed.

Methinks you are correct, Tom. We haven't gotten there yet—I think the only way the 2012 will go away is if (when) a C8 replaces it.

Posted on: 2022/3/15 15:17

Huskerland
14705 Posts

hmmmmm..... there is an idea..... a new C8 Z06.... or a 71 LT1 in Steel Cities Grey..... so many choices...so little time.....
Posted on: 2022/3/15 15:53

Huskerland
14705 Posts

...so Big John, what's the lowdown on the new class that the Corvettes are racing in? Tell all here please.....
Posted on: 2022/3/15 15:55

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote: ...so Big John, what's the lowdown on the new class that the Corvettes are racing in? Tell all here please.....

The GT3 Pro class is very competitive, and the C8.R they are currently racing is the one car that isn't like all the others—it's basically the old GTLM platform with some GT3 features. IMSA allowed Corvette Racing to continue for one more year with the first C8.R design because it is still relatively new, and building new race cars is (natch!) expensive. The completely re-worked car will come in 2023, along with (finally) the actual availability of the C8 Z06 street car that the original C8.R was supposed to match. If the Corvettes win a race or two in 2022, it will be because of racecraft and raw driving skill—not because of the car itself.

GT3 Pro is a good thing for sports car racing in general, and for the Corvettes in the medium term. It will mean that the same cars can consistently race in Europe, North America, and Asia, and will almost certainly mean that we'll see more teams racing Corvettes.

Does that all make sense?

Posted on: 2022/3/15 16:46

Huskerland
14705 Posts

Ya..... so we will probably see more privateer C8's....along with GM Corvette Racing?
Posted on: 2022/3/15 19:10

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

good afternoon everybody - same chit different day around here, go to work, go to hospital, go home, make dinner, go to bed, start over. she's way better since Saturday than she's been in a very long time, she is either on or off something that was needed, not sure. Considering sepsis 4 times, a tornado and now we've discovered sometime since Feb 6, a heart attack and then an infiltrated IV, she's up and joking around and demanding stuff to drink. Sadly she failed two swallowing tests so she wasn't allowed stuff by mouth. Another test today and if she fails that, PEG tube time. I've not heard, you'd think they'd call (sarcasm intended). I will go by after work and then go home. I treated myself to a mighty fine massage Friday though and it was much needed, that for an hour and then a European facial, moisturizers, cleansers, extractions, steam, facial massage, hot stones, towels the works. I am hooked.
If you're looking for a new car, Arron sent me this yesterday, he walked into these when he got to the shop - I'd like to have them all.

Attach file:

jpg  275306281_995673138023589_4514273668889045500_n.jpg (180.36 KB)
619_6230e8676deda.jpg 1080X1920 px
Posted on: 2022/3/15 19:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Nothing wrong with that photo, Letty!

GM is managing to build them—I saw a transporter full of them (with their distinctive white shipping covers) late last week.

Posted on: 2022/3/15 20:14

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Ya..... so we will probably see more privateer C8's....along with GM Corvette Racing?

That's the (realistic) hope, with the privateer cars running in GT3 instead of GT3 Pro.

Posted on: 2022/3/15 20:16

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

… or a 71 LT1 in Steel Cities Grey

Those are handsome cars—I've judged a few.

Posted on: 2022/3/15 20:17

Huskerland
14705 Posts

Posted on: 2022/3/15 22:59

teebee Re: TUESDAY 15 MARCH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey folks, been another long day. Church early, then loaded up and head to the 'city' to my nephews' house to swap all the cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Wasn't able to finish that up completely for several reasons. Came home and worked on that and two other projects. Will go back tomorrow and finish up the doors/drawers and install a countertop at the commercial project.
Posted on: 2022/3/16 22:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.