Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
236 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 06.13.22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Guess I finally beat Gris to the punch.

Sorry I was MIA for the weekend. I finally got all of my brake parts for the mustang to complete the master cylinder swap. What a disaster. The 88 MC is a three port design (stupid) and the 93 cobra is a 2 port design. There's a company that sells a reasonably priced line and adapter kit prebent to hook everything up. Great I'm theory. In actuality the lower port flare nut was rusted to the line and snapped off when removing it. I tried to cut it and reflare it farther down but it didn't work out. Didn't find the small drip until bleeding failed. Ended up having to buy a short length of line and coil it then splice in a union. Got that done and still couldn't get a pedal...wouldn't stop leaking from the union. WTF. Back to the parts store and got another union and this one finally worked. This took the better part of two days for about 8 hours total. For a MC swap that should have taken 2 hours. It includes trips to the store and whatnot but still way too long. Done for now. The brakes are better but still nowhere close to "modern" standards. Another fun surprise was Ford using aix of metric and SAE fasteners on the car, just like GM in the 80s. Thanks for that.

Next project is the radio. The front speaker has three separate sets of wires running to it from "mechanics" along the way. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/6/13 5:32

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 06.13.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Sounds like fun, Matt. Still working on cleaning up the back yard. Making headway but still plenty to do. It will take about a week. As long as the phone doesn't ring I can put in a good day's effort. I work by myself and I'm not in a hurry. I told Sue I only have one speed. Slow ...... Sue used to send in a crew every now and then but that hasn't happened in a long time.

Posted on: 2022/6/13 12:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Monday Chat 06.13.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys... a bit warm this morning, 80 already, headed to 107 they say. should be a fun day. A little storm cloud came through last night and dropped a little moisture... about .20. Not a lot, but every drop is precious to us.

Work in the shop is on tap for today...maybe go back down to the shed and mow there too. If we are doing that, I'd better get to it before it gets much warmer.

Posted on: 2022/6/13 13:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 06.13.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

FULL BORE SUMMER IN THE NATIONS, 82 HEADING FOR 95.

THE LITTLE MUSKOGEE GUNSHOW WAS OK, NOTHING THAT I WANTED THO. PRICES WERE OUT OF SIGHT, DOUBLED IN A LOT OF CASES. NOT SO MUCH "TACTICAL" CRAP FOR A CHANGE.

NOT MUCH ON THE AGENDA, I'LL TAKE HARVEY IN TO CHECK AC, THINK IT MAY NEED A SHOT OF FREON AND THE HOOD LATCHES NEED ADJUSTMENT.

AND IN CLOUD-CUCKOO LAND:

Attach file:

jpg  LOL.jpg (94.94 KB)
12496_62a73fc356aee.jpg 640X466 px
Posted on: 2022/6/13 13:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 06.13.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

OUR RESOLUTE PROTECTOR, THE WONDERDOG, CAPTURED A MAN EATING TURTLE-MONSTER BEHIND THE BARN AND BROUGHT IT BACK TO HIS PEN FOR SERIOUS HARASSMENT.

HE WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN I TOOK IT AWAY FROM HIM. I HAD TO CONSOLE HIM WITH A PIECE OF BACON :-)
Posted on: 2022/6/13 16:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 06.13.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

102 with a 25 mph south wind...... lovely..... spent the day at the job site helping get the Reactor going to make my magic mix fertilizer product..... more of the same tomorrow....

have pics will try......
Posted on: 2022/6/14 0:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.