Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Still can't believe it's August. After weeks of stagnant tool sales finally had a solid day of selling yesterday. Pretty much out of stock on everything now which was the goal. I do feel the minor urge to stock up again....dunno. Recession is coming and sales will be even slower.

Marcus, hope you feel better after your hornet encounter.

TB, when do they schedule the surgery for the baby? Thought they did that early on.

It'll be a hot one here today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/8/3 5:03

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI MATT---

ITS SUNNY AND 82 DEGREES HERE WITH 70% HUMIDITY. ANOTHER HOT DAY IN THE OFFING, 100 FOR THE HIGH.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, I COULD MOW, BUT MOTIVATION IS LACKING. RAIN CHANCES TONIGHT AND TOMORROW, ANOTHER EXCUSE TO WAIT :-)

ENJOY YOUR DAY, AMIGOS!
Posted on: 2022/8/3 13:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

It's nice this morning, for a change... it's been muggy as hell here. And hot... Which is very odd for this part of SoCal. The muggys is good, keeps fires down, but also causes the a/c to kick in at 1:30 vs 4:30...

There was a hurricane off shore, pumping humid air up here... all we need now is some rain.

The big news is that finally, it has come to the point with east coast floods and west coast drought, we need to push water west!!! Time to build a via-duct to move some of that water out here.
Posted on: 2022/8/3 16:34

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon - been busy as all get out here, and nothing seems to get done. All a bunch of little junk and everyone wants it now. Pretty outside here again today but muggy, rain due this evening or early in the morning. Not much else happening here, ya'll have a good day.
Posted on: 2022/8/3 17:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Maybe all these open positions in SoFlo will get filled if there is a recesesion. A good thing is maybe they'll stop building. Cut the nursery grass and now going to cut at the house. Talked to the guy who bought our old house 10 years ago. We sold it to him for 125k. He just sold it for 400k. It's OK though. We bought this one for 161k and it's worth over 800k now with the property upgrades we've done. Sue is talking about selling the nursery. If she gets the price she wants I'm sure it will be sold. She's also talked about moving by the water. Keys maybe? That's down the road a piece but we're talking about it. We've been selling off stuff as we find buyers. Thinning out the possessions. Cars have not come up yet. Golf carts are going though. Two are for sale right now.
Posted on: 2022/8/3 17:35

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Tommy weren't you guys talking about selling a few years ago, too? Lots of free time for cruises sounds like a nice retirement goal.
Posted on: 2022/8/3 19:12

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Tommy weren't you guys talking about selling a few years ago, too? Lots of free time for cruises sounds like a nice retirement goal.

That was the thinking stage. Sue is 6 years younger than me and not yet drawing SS. It would be nice to have the monthly checks AND a savings account to draw on. Right now Sue keeps occupied with the nursery and making some money. In reality she could sell, retire right now and we would be alright.
Posted on: 2022/8/3 19:41

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I''d give anything for the ability to quit, pull the plug and move to the water's edge. Arron wants to jerk up the stakes and move to Mexico. We don't really have family to speak of here, neither of us has parents or kids and what other family we do have only calls when they want something fixed, no no real attachment. And, thanks to the county, our house according to them is worth an extra $50k. BS. Just their way of wanting more $$ every year in taxes. What I'd give if I had my nanny's house in Cali right about now, I could sell that and disappear. My little piddly $250k house wont' get me far lol
Posted on: 2022/8/3 20:55

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

COMPROMISED ON MOWING; JUST CUT THE TALL STUFF ON THE EASY SIDE OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE BEFORE IT GOT TOO HOT AND CALLED IT DONE. LOOKS MUCH BETTER. I'M NOT IN A HURRY TO DO THE WEST SIDE.

DW COOKED A BIG POT OF PINTO BEANS AND MADE CORNBREAD. SOME GREEN ONIONS TOPPED IT OFF.
YUM!
Posted on: 2022/8/3 23:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, up early, packed and hit the road for KC.

Matt, they released the baby to go home today. Not sure when they meet with the surgery team, but we are all hoping that it happens soon. Baby is doing really well despite the problem with the palate/lip. Mother is actually able to nurse the baby.

Will load the stuff here tomorrow and hit the road, hopefully, by 3pm. It’s still a 6 hour drive from here on over to Champaign I’ll. where she will be in school for the next three years.
Posted on: 2022/8/4 1:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Who's going to school in Champaign Tee?

The Hornet stings are in the itching stage and driving my nuts......

Don't quit your day jobs just yet.... the economy is not done going down the rabbit hole.....

My wife has several more years until she can get on SS.... and she is at the peak of her earning potential.... I am still working at marketing my fertilizer invention and so am excited to be doing that. So I am working my way thru retirement..

RIP Vin Scully the voice of the Dodgers for 67 years... he was 94. The voice of generations....
Posted on: 2022/8/4 1:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oldest granddaughter, working on her MFA.
Posted on: 2022/8/4 2:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.