Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 5 Dec 2022
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2022/12/5 14:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 5 Dec 2022
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

MIA yesterday. I was up at 6 and out the door by 6:20. It was the day our KofC group made beirocks. It was a long day and we made approx 200 dozen. Big difference this year was we had only 6 dozen left to pedal. Got home about 5 after cleaning up. Was so tired I feel asleep in my chair shortly after getting home. Went to bed about 9.

Today we have the first of, probably, several Christmas parties to attend.

Going to do a litte work in the shop today before we have to drive over to the 'city' for the party.

Posted on: 2022/12/5 14:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 5 Dec 2022
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

HI TEE---

IT'S A DREARY 46 IN THE NATIONS, OVERCAST AND THEY SAY NO RAIN TODAY.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WORTH IT WITH SO MUCH RAIN IN THE FORECAST. DARLING WIFE STRESSING OVER HER LADY'S CLUB CHRISTMAS PARTY. I'M KEEPING A LOW PROFILE :-)

The most powerful governments on earth can’t stop a virus from spreading…but they say they can change the earth’s temperature if you pay more taxes.

Posted on: 2022/12/5 15:06

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 5 Dec 2022
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good morning.
Not much of a party guy but we have a couple of orginizational parties on the schedule that have toy drives.
Well, we had our discussion and have decided to sell the cars I had previously mentioned. We are continuing with our ongoing purge and I'm sure that will take months. We have tons of beautiful items and a bunch of excess machinery and tools that will find it's ways to new homes. Thinning out our belongings is mandatory. LOL. I'll be dead by the time we get rid of the last of it. I was building a Corvette last night on the Chevy website. The one I built was a coupe with Z51 options and 2LT. came in a little over 90K. But with supply chain shortages it apparently can't be built. I perused the local inventory up to 250 miles and none of them jumped out and grabbed me. I don't want a black interior under any circumstances. I live in Florida and black is too damned hot. Also not gonna pay a dealer premium. I'll do whatever it takes not to fill the dealers pockets unjustly. Not in a hurry either. First sell most of our stable and move on from there. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it. I looked at some used ones but for the prices they want I'd rather just buy new. Probably my last new car. LOL I was thinking about this subtle orange.

Attach file:

jpg  C8.jpg (42.49 KB)
852_638e0d0da3fe3.jpg 640X360 px
Posted on: 2022/12/5 15:12

Ultraman Re: 5 Dec 2022
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

....atta boy Tommy.... we shall all live vicariously through you..... might as well have the museum pick up and make a trip out of it..... pick up that bad boy and you and Sue have a great road trip..... that tan leather dipped interior would look so good with that Amplify Orange.....

I figure when I am ready for one maybe the supply mess will be over.....although I don't think there may ever be lots full of C8's with big discounts and 0% interest.... they would rather keep supply tight and if you can buy one at sticker that is considered a good buy.....

Looking on Mecums this weekend a restored regular C2 was running around 50 to 60 large...... but other cars are coming down I think..... we shall see.....

get to work Guru's
Posted on: 2022/12/5 17:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 5 Dec 2022
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Looking on Mecums this weekend a restored regular C2 was running around 50 to 60 large...... but other cars are coming down I think..... we shall see.....
get to work Guru's

That's over half the cost of a C8 that could potentially give you years of trouble free driving with little to no tinkering. No wear and tear over the first few years. Start every time. (Hopefully). The ride of a C2 could hardly compare nor would the accelleration and handling. A C2 would look nice parked outside of the diner but you have to think of the thrill of accellerating through the turn of your favorite interstate on ramp.
Posted on: 2022/12/5 20:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.